Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
!Random Talk! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:08 pm
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun

@YGO
Its good to know that there are still fans who actually do research into their so called interest, ne?

I agree, but my "interest" is slowly turning into an obsession.... But that's okay, it's more constructive then some of the stupid crap I did in high school. 3nodding

Its refreshing to see that newer fans to the fandom still do their own footwork for their hobbies instead of sitting there and babbling about which character is the hottest and who can kick who's a**.
Its ridiculous where the priorities of some of these fans lie.

You know, I've noticed that in some of the anime/manga forums, which is one of the reasons I prefer chatting about stuff here smile
I don't have a problem chatting with fans about how hot Kira or Count Cain is, but I don't ONLY want to talk about that! There's so much more to be gained out of reading these stories... i.e. the artwork, the back story, creating future stories in your mind after a story's completion (my personal favorite because I become REALLY attached to characters).
One of the reasons I LOVE that I came across Angel Sanctuary last year and started my little obsession is because I really do become attached to characters... as weird as I'm sure that sounds... and with a manga there is a picture to go with the story. So I have like a running film in my head long after I've finished reading and it keeps me pumped up waiting for the next installment. And if there is no installment and the story is finished, it allows me to keep the characters with me.
I realize that sounds totally dorky and sappy, but I really do fall in love with the characters and the storys, that even happens with regular novels. smile And I babble... hehe  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:57 pm
What did I miss the last four weeks? I was on holiday and had no opportunity to get acces to the internet, and now I'm sitting here for at least six hours and try to check what I missed while I wasn't at home...
So, anything really important or interesting?  

Katinchen012

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:04 pm
Katinchen012
What did I miss the last four weeks? I was on holiday and had no opportunity to get acces to the internet, and now I'm sitting here for at least six hours and try to check what I missed while I wasn't at home...

Just some plot-related chatter :3 Join in the fun, we've missed you!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:36 pm
Sai-kun
Katinchen012

Did you know that this guild is the first place where I really can discuss AS and other manga by Kaori Yuki seriously? I have to say I missed you too during the holidays, as much fun as they were 3nodding

Did I ever mention one of my biggest hobbies is trying to persuade people to read AS? I managed convincing another one during the last weeks mrgreen That makes... at least seven people by now! *makes triumphal gesture*  

Katinchen012

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:33 pm
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012

Did you know that this guild is the first place where I really can discuss AS and other manga by Kaori Yuki seriously? I have to say I missed you too during the holidays, as much fun as they were 3nodding

Did I ever mention one of my biggest hobbies is trying to persuade people to read AS? I managed convincing another one during the last weeks mrgreen That makes... at least seven people by now! *makes triumphal gesture*

Yay converts!! Keep spreading the word XD
Yeah, I have a gripe with the manga subbie lately...you can hardly carry on a decent, civilized and level headed discussion about a manga there anymore...
Thank goodness for guilds :3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:39 pm
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012

Yeah, I have a gripe with the manga subbie lately...you can hardly carry on a decent, civilized and level headed discussion about a manga there anymore...

I noticed that! Every time I find a manga thread in the sub forum about a specific one I've read and would love to chat about, it's always I have more volumes than you and this person is hotter than that and I can draw fan art better than you... ba!
Oh well, at least I have all of you heart  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:31 pm
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012

I noticed that! Every time I find a manga thread in the sub forum about a specific one I've read and would love to chat about, it's always I have more volumes than you and this person is hotter than that and I can draw fan art better than you... ba!
Oh well, at least I have all of you heart

Yeah...those posts that are just like "I have all 20 volumes of Angel Sanctuary."
So tempted to flame them with a "...so?" but I can't be that cruel >_< even to them.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:06 pm
So, this has absolutely nothing to do with Kaori Yuki... so

I just bought volume 1 of RG Veda. I've never read anything by clamp and I wanna know what you all think of clamp's art, storylines, whatever else you can think of and also RG Veda in general. I didn't know anything about it when I bought it, I just thought the art was pretty and I haven't read it yet. SO, anyone read it? What did you think?  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:46 pm
YGOPaladin

I just bought volume 1 of RG Veda. I've never read anything by clamp and I wanna know what you all think of clamp's art, storylines, whatever else you can think of and also RG Veda in general. I didn't know anything about it when I bought it, I just thought the art was pretty and I haven't read it yet. SO, anyone read it? What did you think?

RG Veda is CLAMP's first major publication, its the manga that launched their professional careers. Before that they were a doujin-ka circle.
It's roughly based on Hindu mythology, and yeah the art is absolutely gorgeous (I prefer CLAMP's older work to new). I havent read a lot of it, but what I did was interesting.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:22 pm
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

RG Veda is CLAMP's first major publication, its the manga that launched their professional careers. Before that they were a doujin-ka circle.
It's roughly based on Hindu mythology, and yeah the art is absolutely gorgeous (I prefer CLAMP's older work to new). I havent read a lot of it, but what I did was interesting.

I just finished vol 1, the art was beautiful, and it definately sucked me in. Now I have to add it to the list of stuff I try to keep up with smile  

YGOPaladin

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:56 am
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

I just finished vol 1, the art was beautiful, and it definately sucked me in. Now I have to add it to the list of stuff I try to keep up with smile

So RG Veda is really worth its money? Because I like the manga drawn by CLAMP, but at least here most volumes of RG Veda are more expensive than the average manga, so I didn't buy it until now.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:37 pm
Katinchen012
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

So RG Veda is really worth its money? Because I like the manga drawn by CLAMP, but at least here most volumes of RG Veda are more expensive than the average manga, so I didn't buy it until now.

I thought so smile
It cost the same for me as Angel Sanctuary.. so it wasn't that expensive
The art was beautiful, and after about 10 pages or so the story just sucks you in.  

YGOPaladin

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:53 pm
YGOPaladin
Katinchen012
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

I thought so smile
It cost the same for me as Angel Sanctuary.. so it wasn't that expensive
The art was beautiful, and after about 10 pages or so the story just sucks you in.

Okay, then I have to buy this manga as soon as one of the other manga I read is finished biggrin
The first volume costs as much as any other manga here too, but the later volumes are longer and hence more expensive.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:13 pm
What do you guys think about starting another thread for non-Kaori Yuki manga discussion?  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:55 pm
Sai-kun
What do you guys think about starting another thread for non-Kaori Yuki manga discussion?

Sure! Why not? I'm sure lots of people on here read all kinds of different stuff and would love to chat about it. smile  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff