Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
NEW! Sword of Truth Roleplay! SLOWLY BEING UPDATED! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:44 pm
Darken raised an eyebrow. There were three buildings in the area, and teh storage shed couldn't hold more then three people unless they all stood up, and Darken had told them all about how contagious the sickness was. He'd even went right to the hayloft right after talking to them! WHat more news did they need? He shook his head.

He looked up as the clones came in, and nodded. "Have your clones bring Amon in. Tell him Lord Rahl wants him here. Don't worry about Hack, he can care for himself. Also, get a count of the dead while you're out there. I want to know how many men came at us. Also, bring the girl here, you can pull these clone sin to help with that.

{{OOC: Also, I'll be playing Nathan from now on. Editted Darken's profile with info, But throwing this here to cover the bases.
Name: Nathan Rahl
Age: 1020-ish. ("I really stopped counting around 500.")
Appearance: Nathan is a tall, broad shouldered man. He has a raptor like gaze, as all Rahls do and has bright azure eyes. His long white hair is straight and meets his shoulders and he is clean shaven. His hair has begun to thin in the years since the books ended, and his features have becomes more wrinkled. Once looking around seventy, he now looks around ninety, and his rapidly increasing age has caught up with him. He is often seen to be wearing a white ruffled shirt, with a green vest and a long black cape. He doesn't carry a sword anymore, because, as he says "There are limits to how dashing one can look."
Personality: Intelligent, Overly Dramatic, Eccentric
Family: Descendants to the nth degree: Lophus Rahl, Amara Rahl
History: Born a long, long, long time ago in D'hara, Nathan was taken in by the Sisters of the Light a thousand years ago, and spent most of his life in seclusion. He's taking over training wizards and managing affairs in the People's Palace, including a rather lot of paperwork that he wishes "the Lord Rahl would get off his lazy hindquarters and save an old man from looking at."
Likes: Dramatics, intelligent people, the youngest and most recent of his descendants, and delegating paperwork to others.
Dislikes: Being called old
Other: His full title is "The Wizard Rahl, Steward of the People's Palace," Although Lophus and Amara can get away with "Grandfather Rahl." }}  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:34 pm
((There's only three buildings? O.o))

The clones nodded, and one slipped away to help gather the bodies. There was no point in personally carrying a message to another clone, all the clones and Calintz himself had been listening. Calintz had noticed through the eyes of the clones that Darken looked tired. He had heard it was contagious, but hadn't really thought about it. Darken had been at the waystation at least a few days before them. "Lord Meiffert, are you alright?" He asked, he figured if it was a physical wound the man would be alright. He was trained by Mord-Sith after all. But...sickness effected Mord-Sith like an normal human.

As Calintz spoke through his clone, he picked the girl up and gently started toward the stable. "I don't know anything about the sickness, but if it is as contagious as you say, then the whole waystation is infected. Those men are in the station itself right now, but they had been up and about before you came. They would have been using everything, the stable would have been a place they used alot. You've been here a few days before us, so could tiredness be a sign?" He asked hesitantly. "I'm sorry, your land and ways are new to me." He muttered as he stepped into the stable and nodded for the clone to run off and help gather bodies.

The clones told Amon, what Darken had said then ran off to help in gathering the bodies. Shadow perched on a branch, watching them. She flew down and landed on Shadow's shoulder. "The clones could just remove and ear from the body. If I remember correctly, some D'harans enjoy doing that." She said, then looked over at Darken and tilted her head. "You don't remember me?" She asked, though it was more of a statement. "You were with the Mother Confessor and Lord Rahl when I was touched. Though you were young then, no chin hairs if I remember, and you didn't see what animal I began. Good." She said dryly and turned and flew back out.

Calintz watched Shadow leave. "Sorry, but I didn't know she knew you. And don't bother asking me for her name, she only gave Shadow." He said with hesitantly and uncertain. "I trust her, but she doesn't trust me with everything. When I asked, she said it was because when she was human she trusted people to much." He muttered. "I am sorry she spoke coldly toward you though." He said, looking down at the girl making sure she was alright.

The clone that had been following Hack stopped and started to cut the ear off the enemy soldiers. There were far to many to carry back alone. He started back toward the waystation with the left ears of four soldiers.

The clones tossed twenty-three ears on the hay in front of Darken and slowly turned to dust and disappeared. Calintz went to his knees almost instantly. He breathed heavily, he had maintained the clones for to long without rest. "Give me a sec, need to catch my breath." He muttered and closed his eyes, then stood up breathing normally. "I'm sorry, but i'll be unable to create any clones until tomorrow." He said. "I can still keep watch though." He muttered and slipped out of the stable without another word. He didn't noticed that the prisoner was starting to come wake, though the man would be harmless tied to the post.  

Calintz the Doppelganger

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:02 pm
Yondaime was sitting on top of a tree branch when he noticed people scattering around, they seemed only concerned with the people that were killed, no dout counting them for some reason. He looked back to his book as he read more of it, he had read the entire thing hundreds of times but something kept inspiring him to read more, almost as if there was something more.

After a few minutes of reading, he put his book away and started to search for some food. His stomach ached for food and he hadn't been able to get a fire going since he was attacked a few times, he had no choice now. He jumped out of the fire and dug a pit in the dirt using one of his knives, he always had at least three at all times incase he broke one. After the pit was dug, he tore off some bark and started a fire with his flint and knife, then started to cook some wolf meat, "Damn. I should have just stayed away. Now I'll have to go hunting for another wolf," he said to himself. When the food was finished he started to eat, he hated the fact that he was eating one of his best materials; the wolf was his deadliest form, second only to the blood hound and short-tailed gar. The blood hound furs came from Aydindril a few years back, it cost him five gold marks but it was worth it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:42 pm
((Yes, only three buildings. They're waystations primarilly designed to speed messengers between the People's Palace and Aydindril. It's a stables for horses, and soldiers to guard and care for them. This is not an Inn.))

Darken shook his head. "I don't know her, or what she's talking about," he said honestly. It made no sense at all. He had no memories even remotely like what was described. After all, he'd spent his childhood with the young Rahls, true, but he was deep in training by the time their Confessor powers manifested, and that training began. Even then, the duties of the Lord Rahl and Confessors had kept the entire family seperated after the war. And Darken had barely seen any of them until The Tragedy had manage dto have him reassigned.

"Also, ears are a little morbid. I asked for a count. I trust you can count without physical aid, can't you?"  

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:30 pm
Hack pulled another bolt from the sleeve, pulled back the string, and loaded the bold onto the rail in the crossbow, seeking another target.

Nothing.

He slowly stepped backwards into the doorway leading to the place where Darken and Zedd were at. He could hear the sounds of combat over in Amon's direction. Hack had dropped two already and it appeared the others were taking cover somewhere now. They hadn't seen him in the darkness, so Hack had dropped two before they even knew what happened.

At the sound of footsteps, Hack spun around with his bow raised at eye level only to find Clanitz rounding a corner towards him. He turned back to the doorway keeping the bow pointed out as he waited for Calintz.

Zedd swept out into the alleyway, robes billowing behind him. He followed the signature to Calintz. As he passed through the doorway, he threw up a shield, and then went over to the girl on the bed. She looked to be in bad shape. He looked at Calintz. "Let me take care of her. Do like Darken said, we need a layer of protection around the waystation. There are sick people here. I will take care of her. Go. Now."

Zedd sat on the edge of the bed and examined the wounds on the girl. There were bad cuts up and down her legs and arms. Blood soaked the blankets around her.

Zedd pulled down the blankets and looked at the wound across her stomach. He put his hands over it and let the magic flow forth. It poured forth, cris-crossing the wound, closing it and strengthening it to let it heal faster. He continued to heal all the open wounds. He put his fingers to her temples and her eyes popped open adn she sat up. Zedd grabbed a cup of water and made her drink it.

When she had finished the cup, Zedd put his fingers to her temple again and her eyes closed. He layed her back down, tossed the blood-soaked blanket to the side and put a clean one over her.

He could sense more soldiers coming. She wasn't supposed to have escaped, or these soldiers wouldn't be chasing her. Judging by their determination, she must be valuable to them. Zedd noticed the cuff marks on her arms showing where the shackles held her.

Zedd stepped through the doorway. "Darken! There are more coming! Take care of them! We have to protect the people here!" Zedd raced out up onto one of the over-looking landings like the one Hack had been watching from. Though he couldn't see them, he knew right where they were.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:20 pm
((Shadow had never said which Mother Confessor had touched her, but if it had been Amara, Shadow would have spoken because of the effects of being touched with a Confessor's power. Shadow show that she liked Amara, by rubbing against her, but that was it. That leaves the one that came before Amara, her mother. If a Confessor dies the ones she touched become themselves again. This was mentioned at the end of the Wizard's First Rule. Lophus would have recognized her if he had been the one to change her, so that means it was his father who did it. I admit I did though that out attaching you to it, and I'm sorry Galapagos James. I figured someone being trained by Mord-Sith, the personal guards of Lord Rahl, would have gone to a few of these to see how it was done and to learn the best way to protect the Lord Rahl and Mother Confessor when he took over, kind of field training. Shadow did say you had been young, but that could have easily have been an insult.

As for a waystation I never knew what it was. I only knew horses were exchanged there. I figured there could have easily have been other stuff there as well.))

Calintz poked his head in. "I can, but lately you seem to have...I can really think of a word. Anyways, that's to help you. You can count, can't you?" He teased, he may not be able to create clones for awhile, but his tongue never had to rest. He had tried compromising with the man, but the fool couldn't meet someone half-way.
-----
The clone spotted Hack and slipped quickly toward him. He slipped through the doorway and went to his knees taking cover as he spoke. "Amon is with two clones, they are moving back toward the stables where First Wizard and Lord Meiffert are. The original Calintz is there as well with a young Lady. Shadow is keeping watch from above, she can talk by the way." He said a matter of fact way. "There is only four clones left, and I'm far to weak to create anymore. I can still fight though, my skills are yours." He said, and drew his swords suddenly, as he received a mental message from the scouting clone. "Here they come..." He muttered.
-----
Calintz head snapped up just as Shadow flew in and landed on a piece of wood. "A second wave!" They yelled together, just as Zedd yelled more were coming. He turned as his sword were drew, to fast for the eye to follow. He sent out a message to his clones. Retreat to the stables, stay together. He spotted Amon and two clones to the right, they appeared to be coming toward them.
-----
One of the clones looked at Amon as the other looked toward the stables. "Retreat to the stable. A second wave is coming. We need to stand with each other, not separate." They said and started toward the stables. One looked back to see if Amon followed.
-----
The clone with Hack looked up. "If possible, we need to retreat to the stables. Strength in number, huh?" He asked himself. "Think we can make it?" He asked.
-----
The scout clone glared as the second wave flowed over the hill, already breaking though the tree lines. "Damn, all this for one lady?' He asked the air. He started toward the stable before he even received the mental message, which only made him run faster.
-----
Calintz pulled his bone whistle from his coat and fixed it between his teeth. He looked back at Darken. "Let me know when you want their attention drawn away.' He said, the bone whistle, showing Darken. "Do you know what happens when you blow into this hard as you can?" He asked. "Caharin gave us the original one, and the Bird Man of the Mud People, showed us how to make and use it." He grinned. "Oh, I almost forgot, you know the dance with death too. Let us dance with our enemies." He said with a smirked, though it was hard to tell in the dark. Calintz cared nothing for war, but he did enjoy the dance.

((Hehe...you know I had to hold the desire to type "Calintz grinned as he veiled his face for the dance with his enemies." I'm reading the Wheel of Time series right now, and the Aiel have a dance with death too, though they veil their faces with black before they kill. And they don't like swords...))  

Calintz the Doppelganger

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:35 pm
Yondaime looked up from the fire he had made at soldiers slowly advancing forward, he stood up and kicked the fire out then bit his right index finger and wipe it across the front of his tunic, "Kindo lato moka tina, mutin choaw sha en toni boti," he chanted as he walked toward the advancing wave. His body started to change with each word he said. When he was at the wave and fighting, he was a short-tailed gar, tearing into them like he was invincible. In a way, he was.

He didn't waste his time and energy reallt killing them, he mostly picked up troops and used them as weapons; swinging them around and throwing them at allies. A few of them he had to grab and kill on the spot but that wasn't a problem, he had a lot of practice dealing with large groups like this.

After awhile, the few remaining, about 10% of what remained, started to run away. He returned to the tree he had chosen to make camp and undid his spell. He leaned against the tree and sighed as he rubbed sweat from his forehead, "This has not been one of my best nights..." he said. He started to search for some bandages, when he found them he wrapped up his arms and watched the sky.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:02 pm
Shadow flew back and forth, carrying word of the enemy's actions to her friends. She landed on a branched and looked at Calintz and Darken, both guarding the stable, and spotted the others on their way, if slowly do to enemies. "An unsuspected ally as appeared. He is cut through the second wave as I speak. A short-tail gar." She told them, then took flight.

Shadow landed on a branch next to Zedd. "From here, I take it you are aware of the gar, First Wizard?" She asked. "I just carried the word to Darken and Calintz of it. The Clones are retreating toward the stables. One with Hack, two with Amon, and the one who was scouting. Only those four remain, no more maybe created. The Doppelganger needs rest to create more." She reported. "Shall I carry word to them of your orders? Or is Darken in command?" She asked. "I care for Calintz, but he will do what he thinks is right. If he believes Darken knows what he's taking about, he'll listen. But if he thinks of Darken what I think of him, then he won't. I doubt he'd agree with me though." She muttered the last part. It wasn't really Darken that she hated, it was just he seemed to be the only one left alive from when she had been accused and changed into an animal after being found innocent. She only took her angry out on him. "I believe he'll do what needs to be done to protect the child." She said at last.

She glared back toward the gar. "Strange animals this evening, don't you agree?" She asked. If owls could smirk, Shadow would be at that moment. She saw what the gar were was. He appeared as a gar, yet he moved and fought like a human.  

Calintz the Doppelganger

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:23 pm
Hack back-tracked with Calintz as they made their way back to the others. According to Calintz and Zedd, more were coming. How many? He didn't know. When they got there, Calintz and his clones were spread out along with Zedd, Darken, and Amon. Hack kept his eyes to the woods were he could now see movement.

Quickly, Hack pointed the bow at a man who came running from the bushes. He pulled the trigger and the bolt struck him in the forehead and he fell heavily to the ground. With practiced spped, he loaded another bolt and took aim. TWANG. Thump. Another dropped dead.

Just as he loaded another bolt and took aim, something odd happened. He wasn't sure what was going on, but a small buzzing started and steadily grew louder. It semed as it got louder, time seemed to slow. His gaze took longer and longer to move around and the enemy seemed to be moving very slowly as they started to race up the hill.

Along the side of the hill where the soldiers were beginning to come up, a hazy mist of light yellow seemed to materialize and spread. Little bits of what looked like lightning ran across it.

Time seemed to speed back up as he watched the soldiers running into the mist. They seemed to have endured the same feeling cause they suddenly looked very frightened as they ran into the golden haze. All of a sudden there was a loud pop sound followed by more as the soldiers suddenly started falling on their faces, clearly dead.

Hack looked over to see Zedd casting his arms about as if he was controlling smoke, and making it swirl about. It seemed like the golden mist was causing the hearts of the soldiers to explode as they ran through it. Gruesom, but effective.

Hack took aim at the soldiers avoiding the mist and started firing at them. He brought down another two before he had to hook the crossbow over his shoulder again and draw his short-sword.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:47 pm
Zedd didn't look over at the owl as it spoke. He was too busy controlling the spell to look away. "Yes, most unexpected, indeed. But he is no gar, he is a human. I don't know how, but he has managed to find a way to take the form of animals. I've heard of ritual magic that certain tribes once performed, but I know nothing of how it is performed or anything about it. But i have sensed him around. He was among us at one point, running though the waystation, probably in the form or a mouse or rat or something. It wasn't until I felt the life signature change into a human form did i realize that the thing i was sensing was a human trace in an animal, much as i sense you with the gift." He let go of the spell. The mist hung in the air on its own. It would slowly fade away at this point. It was no use anymore anyway, as the enemy had started avoiding the spellform.

Zedd held out both hands to a spot on the hill where the soldiers were heading, trying to flank them. He concentrated all of his strength on the one spot. The area started to gently glow white. As the soldiers ran over the spot, they looked down with worried expressions. Zedd raised both hands together in fists and threw them down like he was pulling a great rope from the sky to the ground beside him.

In an instant, the sky lit with a brilliant flash as a bolt of lightning exploded down from the sky, striking the ground where the soldiers were. The earth beneath them erupted in a blast of rock and dirt as the soldiers were blown apart in a red mist. Zedd panted with the effort of calling such tremendous power. He backed up and hid behind the tree while he collected his strength. The rest of them should be able to handle the remaining soldiers.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:23 am
Darken drew his knives. "Alright Calintz, if there's a second wave, I want you to bring one of your clones in. Send two out into the woods, and lay them low. Look for enemy soldiers with crossbows or fire. Make sure to cut crossbow strings as you find them, and don't let the fire catch the forest. We'll hold them off here, Amon on the front doors. If we draw enough fight here, they won't have time to look at the other buildings."

He glanced at the owl when it came. "A short-tailled Gar!? Killing people!? The gars aren't allowed to kill humans anymore, Richard Rahl saw to that! And short-tailled gar are intelligent, they enforce the rules, there's no way that happens by accident!"

Darken mind was awash. Who were these men? The girl? Where did they come from? Over two dozen men, this far north in the Midlands? He could see small bandit groups, but they'd know better then to get this close to the waystations, but this many men? This wasn't supposed to be possible! And a short-tailled gar, killing men? The world was going nuts!

Darken moved outside, and spotted the magic going around. Normalacy had drainned away from the universe. "Change in plans. All of you and Amon are coming with me to wipe out any stragglers. Hack can guard the First Wizard, who seems to have the waystation under control." Bloody magic!

"And if you see the Gar, kill it as fast as you can, it's obviously rogue." Darken skirted away from the road where the lights were, and ducked into the trees, looking for enemy survivors as he moved out. The hair on the back of his neck prickled. Everything about tonight was screaming out as wrong.

((He's not really 'tried' by Mord-Sith. He managed to convince his mother to do that, although such things are technically illegal, with Richard having outlawed the Mord-Sith. He's a guard through the First File, the steel against steel that protects Lord Rahl, which comes about like Special Forces training. Also, considering the Mord-Sith's reaction to a Confessor's power (horribly painful death) I seriously doubt they went to a lot of them.))  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:42 am
Nathan strummed his fingers on the desk, looking over the prophecy tree in front of him. He was having trouble figuring out exactly what was going on, although he'd never admit it to anyone. He couldn't figure out what the difference in the three forks were. It was an odd tree, but then again, prophecy was very odd for him now. He knew exactly what was wrong, although he'd never admit it to anyone.

They'd probably think he'd gone senile. He snorted. He counted his lifespan in generations! He could name every Lord Rahl in his bloodline back before Alric Rahl. He could see into the flow of the future! Prophets never went senile. They went stark raving bonkers.

"General, I want you to send a few men down to watch the Sliph's wells. Send a runner up to me when it activates, and another to get a proper escort down there for the Lord Rahl and Mother Confessor."

The man saluted, and left to do his duty. Nathan smiled to himself. It was always good to support the all-knowing Prophet idea. Even if you did have to wait twenty minutes after reading the message before doing anything about it.  

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Calintz the Doppelganger

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:23 am
Calintz nodded as two of his clones slipped back into their number. They were the two who had been sent out into the woods to find enemy archers. He let the bone whistle fall from his teeth, and slipping the cord holding it back into his clothes. They would not need it now; the First Wizard and the strange gar had wounded the enemy greatly. He turned to Shadow and spoke to her as the other clones started off with Darken and Amon. “Look for the gar, and circle him when you find him. Yet don’t appear to be more then a bird.” He told her, then turned to start toward the others.

Shadow watched him as he spoke, and shook her head slowly. “The gar is gone, after killing some of the enemy it disappeared. I flew around and looked for it, but I was only able to find humans.” She told him. She had spotted Yondaime, yet discounted him as just another normal human. She hadn’t seen him change from gar to human. She hesitated, she knew it was human. “This gar broke no rules made by Richard Rahl, it was never born a gar, you see?” She said and flew off before having to answer anymore questions.

Calintz stared at the owl flying away. He was confused, then shook his head, pushing it to the back of his mind. He had other things to do. He turned and started toward Darken, Amon, and his clones. He spoke as he drew his swords. “Shadow says the gar as disappeared, probably after the First Wizard used his magic.” He said, he hesitated at saying the rest though, unsure. "Shadow also said it was never born a gar. She didn’t give me a change to ask what she meant before she took to the air.” He finished.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:08 pm
Yondaime fixing a hamic in the tree he had made a fire by before the charging soldiers had come. He was lucky enough to find two strong branches the right distance away for him to be confortable. The hamic was only a thick blanket he folded up into a bed roll when he had to, he enjoyed sleeping in a tree incase people came along and found him; also, he would sometimes count the stars until he fell asleep.

When he was finished setting up his bed in the tree, he cut off a few branches and carved them into shavings, the shavings went into the pit he had a fire in. When he had a sizable amount, he throw the branches in and used his flint and knife to make a fire. The night was cold and he wanted something to hot to drink. Fortunetly, he found some waterskins and herbs for tea on the soliders he had killed along with some dried meat. He would have a good night's sleep and a full stomach tonight, "Maybe this night hasn't been so bad, I wish those soldiers had showed up sooner so I wouldn't have had to eat my wolf meat," he said to himself as he drank some water and waited for another cup to heat up so he could have some tea.  

Nicolai the Necromancer

Amon the Warmage

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:23 pm
(my posts are likely to become sporadic after june due to the fact that i have moved out of my house and no longer have internet so i will appologize ahead of time)

Amon was having a hard time seriously paying attention to what Darken was saying. The bloodlust was slowly fading, yet it fought the whole time. He knew, though, that this was the best time for him to take out the rest of the intruders. He grunted that he understood what he was to do. That was about all he would manage in the form of conversation. He once again let loose his hold on the bloodlust and smirked as he felt the need for blood take over again.

Amon dashed forward without waiting for the rest of the group. He didn't want them to become his targets by mistake. He rushed the first man he saw, taking him by surprise. Being in the open as they were he had drawn his greatsword again. Using that behemoth of a blade, he removed the head of the man in front of him and let the momentum of the swing bring him around to parry the man to his left. He removed the man's arm above the elbow, before thrusting his blade into the man's stomach. The blood coving his body was once again fresh as he searched for another enemy to take down.  
RP Haven

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff