Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:23 pm
Say "hey" to him for me!
It's a wonderful feeling to be done exams.
I'm doing just fine. My exams ended a few weeks ago, because I attend school through correspondence (I like staying ahead). You probably only have 2 exams per subject per year, right? With my curriculum, we gets 4 exams per subject per year, so exams are also coming up relatively soon. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:26 pm
Best. Day. Ever. *dies in exhaustion* :slumber:  

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:29 pm
Hm, I don't know how your school works... *confused* Here, we get 2 semmester: September to January and February to June. You need 4 classes per semmester ( BUT if you have filled the necessary credits for graduating you can take a 'free' period during the day). We get a first report cards after 2 months of a semmester, which is based on tests and in class projects, and then we get our final grade which is 70% tests/in class project and 30% final exam. >_> That was complicated to explain... *collapses*

EDIT: TANA! *gluggles*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:31 pm
'Allo Sui. *returns gluggles, then gluggles Yoder* My legs, are sooooo tired. *curls up in a ball on Sui's lap and goes to sleep like a kitten - yawning* :tired:  

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:32 pm
*gluggled Tana-kun*

My school (I am still in highschool) is divided into quarters with exams at the end of each quarter. Grading and everything else works the same, though you have to have at least 5 classes every quarter. Each report card comes out after taking the exams for that quarter (as each report card symbolizes a quarter). *hopes that made sense*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:34 pm
Aw! *pets Tana's head (the higher one >_>)*

What... I'm not sure XD So you have how many different classes a year?!  

xXSuimitsuXx

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:34 pm
My last memory of school system was easy.

Two semesters, like Sui's, except we ended in December and started again in January. Two exams, midterms and finals. If you failed, you failed. Simple, clean, and ruthless. We could take up to 18 credits a semester, roughly around six classes at most.

Sui has her mind in the gutter. :winkandchuckle: lulz.*gluggles more*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:38 pm
I have 5 or 6 classes per year. Every class lasts all year long (excluding electives which only take one semester).

Well, I'm technically homeschooled, but its fully accredited and structured exactly like a normal school. The only difference is that I watch recordings of classes and my parents act as proctors during my quizzes, tests, and exams.

It works like Tana is saying, but cut each semester in half and stick more exams in the newly-made divisions.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:41 pm
Oh, my neighbours are home schooled. I don't really know them but my brother plays hockey with the boys sometimes. I guess since you don't go to 'real life school' it's not the same, since me and Tana seem to be pretty similar...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:43 pm
It is very similar to RL school, just at home.
Not all homeschooling is alike.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:45 pm
Education varies within the States greatly from county to county (counties are subdivisions within states). Also it varies from level of education, he is talking High School, I was talking University (My last memories of formal education).

If I had lived near Snowman, my education would have been kind of similar. Being homeschooled has nothing to do with it. Snowman is perfect. *gluggles Snowman, then Sui again, returning to Sui's lap* Home school is pretty much the same, but the proctors are different, and you don't have to ride the stupid bus. :smilesatyou:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:45 pm
No, but I mean... you have classes all year long and thousands of exams. And... and... you don't have to ask to go pee!

EDIT: I _am_ in high school! Last year of high school! It's almost like Uni here; 2 semmesters, 4 classes per semmester for a total of 8 classes per year and the according credit which get you into Uni.  

xXSuimitsuXx

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:47 pm
I never asked to go pee. :surprisedlook: I just went, I was a bad teenager. A rebel with a cause. :issocool: But really, I was a delinquent, haven't really fully matured yet. :rebelstance: Cause I took the entire day off to snowboard the mountains, and then party for a couple hours with pretty much nine girls, there was one other guy, but he was ooogly. n_n :content:

Credit where I was means a totally different thing (perhaps, maybe, I love you). Instead of a credit per class, a class can range from 1-4 credits, merely put: how many hours of class you had of a class per week. The theory stands that for every one hour of class you have, you should have three hours of studying for that class. (I never played by that rule) Credit was just another word for hour, but you needed so many credits of one type of education: science, literature, etc to fill each requirement.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:49 pm
I don't really ask either xd We're technically not suposed to leave class at all but I go get pizza when I'm hungry. And when I have to pee nothing gets in between me and the toilet scream
EDIT: I got caught skipping classes last year and ended up with about 40 detentions. It sucked. I went to 5 of them and I was like "Come on, I did 5 of them. Can you get rid of the rest of them. Pleaaaase *pretty face". And the lady did it. Haha.
EDIT2: In high school we get only 1 credit per class, but we need so many to get our diploma in order to get into Uni. *nods and gluggles*  

xXSuimitsuXx

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:51 pm
Note: read above.

I ditched class to smoke all the time, not weed. Weed was rare where I grew up, which is why I never /truly/ was into smoking weed. We had good ol' tobacco, and ... a varied range of "hardcore" drugs. :sadfacenow:

If you sweet talked me, you could probably get anything, but it only works in person. I am very gullible when it comes to pretty women. I bought about forty drinks tonight. :whoopsiedaisies:

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games