Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gornwen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:35 pm
Expect for the people who live on my hall. They like Bush, which is quite surprising, seeing as I'm at a crazed liberal school.

But still, bugger, I missed the State of the Union, had to go do stuffs. That slightly irkes me, I was meaning to watch it. Yes, it is good to know how the President views the state of the country.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:08 pm
Maybe they'll show a replay. I missed it because I was getting home. There was an accident on the road and it's amazing how late those can make you.  

Elainya

Thaxul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:41 am
I dislike Bush. I heard him speak one time. He was going opn about how the terrorists weren't going to stop until America was destroyed, then he added the statement "And so are we!" xp  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:46 am
I hate Bush as well, but then he's not much worse than pretty much every other post-WW2 president of the USA. rolleyes I hate them all!  

Khorkalba

Onoj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:16 am
Longbow UK
I hate Bush as well, but then he's not much worse than pretty much every other post-WW2 president of the USA. rolleyes I hate them all!

That is where I disagree. I think America has had many great post-WWII presidents. Sure there are some coughnixoncough that I don't support but I still liked the majority of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:33 am
*reading over last few posts* Ouch. I'm very much republican, and that's just kind of...ouch. I don't think Bush is the best president the US has ever had but he's not the worst either. He's doing what he believes to be right, damn the consequences, and I admire that. He just has a hard time speaking sweatdrop  

TenshinoHikari

Falathrim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:38 am
Onoj
I heard a little bit and heard him say how he has improved our economy and will imrove it even more, blah blah blah. Then when I heard all these people cheer and clap for him and realised that you could put s**t in a Big Mac box and Americans would still eat it. And that is all Bush is doing.

You could tell the Democrats were only applauding because etiquette called for it. They didn't even stand up, and the expressions on their faces were definitely not one of "OH YAY BUSH YAY!"

And Nixon did good things. A shame Watergate tends to make one overlook said good things.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:03 am
thaxul
I dislike Bush. I heard him speak one time. He was going opn about how the terrorists weren't going to stop until America was destroyed, then he added the statement "And so are we!" xp

Yeah...I remember that.

"The terrorists won't stop thinking of ways to harm America...and neither will we!"

Hehe.

Okay, tired of posting images for blatant advertising everywhere, so link in my siggy, go bump my free art requesting thread. Or draw art for me! Hehe. I'm done advertising in random threads now, I think.  

Zurgi

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:07 am
Onoj
Longbow UK

That is where I disagree. I think America has had many great post-WWII presidents. Sure there are some coughnixoncough that I don't support but I still liked the majority of them.

Well I guess it differs between Americans and non-Americans. I hate most of them for their foreign policies and their bullshittery throughout the cold war. Bloody expansionists and culture destroyers!

But then, if I was American I wouldn't be so bothered. That, and I would probably have been taught about such issues in a bias way. rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:12 am
TenshinoHikari
*reading over last few posts* Ouch. I'm very much republican, and that's just kind of...ouch. I don't think Bush is the best president the US has ever had but he's not the worst either. He's doing what he believes to be right, damn the consequences, and I admire that. He just has a hard time speaking sweatdrop

Aye, will go with the he's just doing what he thinks is best, I just have issues with the "I shall impose my moral beliefs on this country even if the entire country does not think like me" ideas. Okee, true, the main reason why people voted for him this time is because of 'moral issues' and what not, it is just the, well, not the entire country thinks in this manner, and as president you have to do what is best for everyone in the country, not what you think is right.

Nixon did get things roling again with China, that I think would qualify as a plus, and did pull out of Vietnam. Plus also. Watergate and everything that goes along with it, negative.

As for Post WWII presidents, dunno, not spectacular, but I wouldn't say I dislike many of them. Unimpressed, yes.  

Gornwen

TenshinoHikari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:56 am
People give the guy in the position of president way to much credit. Bush doesn't do jack-didily, and neither did any other president. They don't have that kind of power. The ones with the power? The Congressmen. Want to complain about something? Blame the guys that actually have the authority to do something. All Bush can really do is pout, say no occassionally, and send our troops somewhere for a month without congressional approval.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:01 am
The president pretty much sets the political agenda. That's a lot of power. He may not be able to do much in making new laws come into being, but the influence he has alone is enough.

And by the way, I don't hate Republicans. I hate the Bush administration.

I think my brain exploded sometime within the past day or so. I literally can not word this post the way I want to. Hmph.  

Falathrim

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:30 pm
Quote:
He's doing what he believes to be right, damn the consequences, and I admire that.

He is doing what he believes to be right and good for America, like most of the post-WW2 presidents before him. And a lot of it is good, for America, but it is also absolutely shite for the rest of the world.

Like the other post-WW2 presidents he says he is "doing it for the good and safety of America" when really it is for the "good of American power and influence over the world."

As with the cold war and the presidents of that period, Bush is making up a load of bullshit lies about how America is in danger just to give him reason to overthrow a possible opposition and expand.

When will the American bastards stop? When will they feel "safe" enough? Once the world of Islam is crushed (which lets face it, will happen, because we all know how much America dislikes Islam) and the whole of the middle-east put under control? Then what? Communist China? rolleyes

Sorry for being so blunt, but doesn't anyone else see what's going on here? The Americans are pretty much doing the exact thing they accused the Soviet Union of doing. neutral

Note: When I say the "Americans" I am referring to the leaders of America overall, not the general public. - Just so I don't give anyone the wrong inpression. Yes, i'm anti-American, but I don't hate the people, just the leaders and the policies.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:37 pm
You know, Longbow, the general idea of a government is that the government does what is best for their own nation. Others come second. As much as I may despise Bush and his policies, if he were acting in the best interests of Europe and thinking about his own nation second, I'd probably want to kill the guy for being completely inept at what he was elected to do. Which, obviously, was to govern America.

And I'm skeptical of the idea that the current administration hates Islam. Sure, they're so Christian it's depressing, but I really don't think they have genocide on their agenda.  

Falathrim

TenshinoHikari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:38 pm
....major ouch. You're turning the war on Iraq into some kind of holy war. We don't care what the Islamics believe believe. Our country was build on the freedom of religion. The war in Iraq was against Suddam. He was a threat (the guy had rape rooms and killed innocent children for heaven sakes). I don't see how someone like him isn't a threat to the civilized world because he was power hungry.
I may be republican, but that's because all I really want is a home to call my own were my children can grow up without fear of being made fun of or worry about being killed. That's it. I don't know that anyone else really wants anything more either. America doesn't want to take over the world. We want to protect ourselves and the rights we hold most dear.
It isn't an attack on religion, its an attack on a man. One man. You may disagree with it, but I will stand by my country and I will not tolerate generalizations. You judge by what the media shows you and you know what, the media has reached the point that it is the exact opposite of journalism. It isn't unbiased, its about as biased as it gets. Do no judge what you do not know.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games