Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Back to Guilds

The final chapter in the Persona 4, FES, and Golden - RP Guild Trilogy! No prior knowledge necessary! 

Tags: Persona 4, Megami Tensei, Roleplay, Persona 3, Persona 5 

Reply *~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*
::Out-of-Character Forum:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:42 am
Never enough skill slots... emo
*Squeeze plushy* Nn!
^^~  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:00 am
Well, you have to be pretty focused on this one form of damage output, but... XD

Low:
-Tarukaja (+40% to you)
-Rakunda (-40% to opponent)

Medium:
-Elemental Boost (+25%)
-Charge Skill (2.5x power)
-Blitzkrieg (+25%)
[Crit Up] (+50%) (Phys Only)

High:
-Elemental Amp (+50%)

Other:
Attack that does a Critical Hit (2x Power)

So let's take a Physical Attack with High Power and a Crit Rate as our sample. ^^ The basic attack is 100%; to this, you add the Boost, Amp, Blitzkreig, and Tarukaja skills, giving you a basic attack power of 240% for your attack. On top of that, you add a Charge, which gives an instant 2.5x boost to your offensive power and brings you up to 600% attack power. Now, you succeeded on a critical hit somehow and you're using Crit Up, which increases the damage bonus from the Critical from 2x to 3x, popping you up to 1800% attack power, and your opponent is debuffed, so they take more damage... which brings you up to a grand total of 2520% attack with only eight skill slots, all of which are perfectly fair and legal for a character to be using (assuming they have the slots at all - and with the skill levels involved, they should). However, four of those skills are active skills, so on a per-turn value, you're only doing about 630% damage. On the other hand, being hit with 25 High-level blows at once will flatten just about anyone on your level and cause serious damage even to people above your Tier (with diminishing returns at higher levels, of course). Doing all the damage at once also stops them from healing in the middle, which is pretty valuable all on its own, and having allies to do the buffing/debuffing for you would rapidly improve performance.

Physical attacks can be OP the easiest, but custom skills can add things like multiple hits and come surprisingly close.

Of course, you're totally screwed if they can no-sell your attack... rofl Putting all of your power in one basket can make you look pretty darn impressive, but it does come with its drawbacks. A basic Boost/Amp/Charge combo suffices for most characters, and leaves enough skill slots open for other useful powers (healing, defense, etc.).

Yay, math! XD (Not that we care too much about that - we usually just wing stuff anyway)  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 am
I gotta write this down... ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:07 am
Again: It does come with its weaknesses. To be truly OP (and not be an NPC), you have to be REALLY focused on maximizing your damage output, and that usually comes at the expense of defense or evasion... and all the power in the world won't help if your opponent can KO you before you can pull off your attack.

Or, y'know, they might be able to dodge it. rofl Subbing Marksman (Phys attacks can't miss) for Blitzkreig (Offense +25%) isn't a bad idea if you're going the physical attack route - lower damage, but you can be more confident of actually hitting the target.  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 am
Heh, when I asked you to teach me, I didn't expect you'd take it quite this seriously. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:18 am
You did ask. XD Now, then... *Stretches* Need to wait on Jezebel, I suppose, so... guess I'll read the sporking!  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:22 am
I may or may not wait for Necro before I post with Asuka.
I'm also waiting on a few... odd things. o wo  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:27 am
I'm not sure he'll be on this morning; perhaps you should get some sleep? o wo  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:30 am
Soon, sure. I don't need to work tomorrow, though. So unless you leave or do something else, I'll be good for now.
Besides, I decided to make a post while I have the idea in my head. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:33 am
Probably a good plan. ^^  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 am
I'm looking forward to making Asuka a master. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:41 am
*Hums*

That would be pretty fun to see, though. o wo  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:42 am
Raidou better watch out. Her little apprentice might out-power her before too long. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:45 am
User Image  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:47 am
You just wait and see. XD  
*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games