Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Lavableman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 pm

210 more gold and I'll have 100,000. =D
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:13 pm

what do you need so much for?? surprised

Mrs Boone

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Meta Fish
Tatsuman
But in reality, those people aren't gamers. They're psychopaths, and should be dealt with as such, not given sympathy.
My condolences to whoever was hurt, but I have no sympathy for anyone who uses games as an excuse to kill.
But he was a gamer. It was said that he played Counter-Strike pretty often, so he's a gamer. And let's be honest. Since Columbine, you've never thought about taking a gun to school?
And no, he didn't use games as an excuse to kill. Jack Thompson and Dr. Phil pinned it on video games.

If he shot up the place, he's a Psycho, and no longer a gamer. He has taken it beyond the realm of a game. If there is a specific case that you're talking about, tell me which one.
I'm speaking about insane "gamers" in general. I've thought about it, but actually killing? No.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:15 pm

Shoko86
what do you need so much for?? surprised

I'm questing for my super-special-awsome dream avatar.

Lavableman

Gonbe

Tatsuman
Meta Fish
Tatsuman
But in reality, those people aren't gamers. They're psychopaths, and should be dealt with as such, not given sympathy.
My condolences to whoever was hurt, but I have no sympathy for anyone who uses games as an excuse to kill.
But he was a gamer. It was said that he played Counter-Strike pretty often, so he's a gamer. And let's be honest. Since Columbine, you've never thought about taking a gun to school?
And no, he didn't use games as an excuse to kill. Jack Thompson and Dr. Phil pinned it on video games.

If he shot up the place, he's a Psycho, and no longer a gamer. He has taken it beyond the realm of a game. If there is a specific case that you're talking about, tell me which one.
I'm speaking about insane "gamers" in general. I've thought about it, but actually killing? No.
Actually, as Fish said, I was referring to the media's tendency to pin the blame on violent video games. If you play video games, you're a gamer.

Lavableman
97,000 more gold and I will have 100,000.

superericl

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:16 pm

Tatsuman
Becoming a psycho doesn't disqualify you from being a gamer. Does smoking change you from a gamer into a smoker? No. I don't even think that this was really pushed by games. He could have watched videos containing shooting, or done some research. I really doubt that from playing Counter Strike he learned how to kill real people effectively.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:16 pm

sSasukeuUchiha
Lavableman
97,000 more gold and I will have 100,000.
8 grand and I have 100 grand mrgreen

SESauvie

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:17 pm

It's funny because I've heard blame being pinned on anything else besides the actual shooter. It's games! No, it's the college! No, it's the gun laws! No, it's America in general?

How about it's the suck ********? Yea, he's to blame.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:18 pm

Meta Fish
Tatsuman
Becoming a psycho doesn't disqualify you from being a gamer. Does smoking change you from a gamer into a smoker? No. I don't even think that this was really pushed by games. He could have watched videos containing shooting, or done some research. I really doubt that from playing Counter Strike he learned how to kill real people effectively.
I might be being ignorant, but isn't killing people with a gun relatively straightforward? You point the thing at their head, and pull the trigger. I don't think you need that much training to be able to do that.

Gonbe

Romyiom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:18 pm

Never fear. Teh Rom-ster is here
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Gonbe
Meta Fish
Tatsuman
I might be being ignorant, but isn't killing people with a gun relatively straightforward? You point the thing at their head, and pull the trigger. I don't think you need that much training to be able to do that.
Well, that's not what I meant. I meant that he did it tactfully, and killed 33 people, including himself. That's a big number, I'd say.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Romyiom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Why is some guy showing us his d**k?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:24 pm

I think the guy started killing because of his girlfriend.

Love made this man murder.

Waynebrizzle

Walamanchee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:25 pm

Only 31 more gold and I'll have 21000 ;D
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games