Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Dueling Arena ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:11 pm
Andre smiled until he saw where Brian had written "days"...
What the- well, that just isn't right!
There was no way he was going to let a little kid starve, though he might start the boy off with a small sandwich and small glass of juice or something just so he wouldn't eat too much too quickly.
Glancing at the holographic projection down in the arena, he noted that everyone in the basement seemed all right so far...
"Well, Brian, would you rather eat sandwiches here where we can watch things, or inside in the kitchen?"

((Well, if Li would be interested in joining a tour of Byako, then maybe those of us in on that might somehow pick him up on the way to the next place...
Maybe if someone said hello to him he could ask something about where he is or how to get somewhere if he's new to the city... and maybe get invited on a tour.))  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:15 pm
((maybe but he's got an extremely sad story and some mental issues. He'll probably do whatever you tell him to.))

Brain pointed to the hologram smiling and hugging the mans leg for the food. He was glad there was someone to take care of him at least. And he loved watching fights. He did his fair share growing up his mom and dad were very good at fighting before they died... He frowned a little bit remembering them but the pain had passed years ago. Not enough for him to fall to tears over it. He followed him into the arena watching him intently like a dog watches his master trying to learn things about him.  

kleptor

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:28 pm
Saito walked up to the last one and just swong his sword down on it and cut it in half.

((i really dont have that much to say now))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:54 pm
((aboveground in the arena...))
Andre let Brian follow him to the little kitchen where he was in the habit of fixing his own food, usually just sandwiches, toast, or cold cereal.
He got some stuff from the fridge and started making a plate of ham sandwiches to take back out to the arena seats. He looked down at the boy and grinned.
"Do you like cheese on your sandwiches? Mayo? Ketchup? Syrup?"

((down in the basements...))
BillBob finished sweeping and looked at the metal scrub-brush in his hands. It still worked well, even with a chunk bitten out of the stainless steel bristles.
"Think I'll take this with me. Seems someone decided to let some of the monsters out..."
Raul jumped down from the top of the cage he'd been standing on and addressed BillBob.
"Good thing there was someone to toss that thing to you, eh?"
He swaggered as if he'd been of crucial importance, then spoke to Saito:
"You're sure useful to have around, what's your name?"
BillBob rolled his eyes at Raul and cautiously looked around, counting the monsters in their cages to see if any were missing.

((sj3: sorry... next we'll have one of the creatures originally intended for the tournament... with weaknesses and strengths and everything, you'll just have to guess what they are and I'll tell you what works or not, 'k?))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kleptor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:14 am
He pointed to the cheese and the mayo and opened the fridge and took out mustard and smiled awkwardly but widely back to the man. He still wasn't quite used to this place and was rather nervous. He'd been tricked before into things like this and he wasn't about to be tricked again. But something about this man seemed to him to be trust able in a sense. He watches the man make sandwiches enjoying the smell of toppings.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:18 am
*link just stands there..off to the side....cloaked.....*  

linkstud

Oracle for Hire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:34 am
[Tapping his foot impatiently with a slightly off look in his eye] "Man, I gotta get in on this. I havent had a decent fight since college."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:31 pm
"Hajime Saito. Lets get moving before we run into more annoyances." He began to walk down the hall again.  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

delbosque rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:58 pm
((linkstud: "link just stands there"... where? The Dueling Arena's a big place... and there are a lot of locations in it where there isn't anybody currently located. Is link around the main entrance, inside near the tournament sign-up table, down one level from that in the practice rooms, up in the spectator stands, or did he follow Raul, BillBob, and Saito down to the basement level where the monsters are kept, or was he up in the stands and followed Andre and Brian into the kitchen... ?? Wherever he is, if he's just cloaked and not drawing attention to himself, I hope he's not expecting anyone to notice him, because it's not likely that anyone will.))

((Tschudy: There's no actual battle going on in the main arena right now, but there is a holographic projection of events down in the basements... and if your character is up in the spectator stands then he can ask Andre about how to get down to where the fighting is, when Andre and Brian get back from making sandwiches. Or, alternatively, there were some left-over critters from a previous practice battle (flying storm sniper salmon berserkers ridden by lobster mages) that are still loose in the main arena, off to one side because they don't seem to like the holograms. Your character could go attack them, too... but the person in charge of bringing out monsters for people to fight has been kidnapped and the people in the basements are on their way to effect a rescue.))

((back in the kitchen...))
Andre finished making the sandwiches, having cut them in half and piled them on a platter. Handing one to Brian to eat on the way back, he next grabbed a couple glasses and a full pitcher of juice that was some reddish-purple color. Carrying the platter, juice, and glasses all together in his big hands, Andre lead the way back to the spectator stands and their view of the arena, so they could continue watching events in the basement. He spoke to the little boy with him:
"Now, Brian, I'm going to insist that you don't eat too quickly... one half of a sandwich at a time, okay?"

((down in the basements...))
BillBob and Raul walked with Saito, Raul holding his rapier over his shoulder and behind his back as if he thought that was a cool-looking pose to be in, despite how uncomfortable it was going to get in a short amount of time and the fact that it wasn't a useful starting position for a good attack of any sort. Every now and then one of the monsters in a cage they were passing made a sudden move and he would jump a little.
BillBob walked very alert, trying to remember which monsters were supposed to be in the cages in that room, and if any of the empty cages were ones that were supposed to have monsters in them. Suddenly he stopped cold.
"Wait. Do you hear that?"

((okay, I'm rolling a number from 1-10 to see which monster from my list everyone gets to run up against now...))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:17 pm
Above the shufflings and snifflings of various creatures, there was a sound like sneakers squeaking across a gym floor.
"That squeaking... I think it's coming from that corridor... but there aren't any cages in there, so there shouldn't be anything in there."

((yeah, so, feel free to have Saito investigate or just wait...))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kleptor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:10 am
Brian nodded and nibbled on the sandwich. He had a way of eating slowly anyways. His two front teeth nibbled on a corner slowly getting piece after piece. the bites were small but seemed to be fast at the same as in his mouth was a wood chipper. the soft bread and mustard and mayonnaise tasted so good after so much time he wanted to enjoy every bite. He liked this man a lot. He moved a little closer to him so that his body was centimeters away from Andres left leg.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:50 pm
Saito put one hand on the hilt of his katana and he continued to walk forwards and checked to see what it was.

((Is this going to be another puny monster?))  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:27 pm
((aboveground, arriving back at the stadium seats...))
Andre was amused by how trusting Brian seemed to be. Well, he reflected, little kids shouldn't have to be suspicious. That's the problem with a world that has evil people in it. Even little kids can't afford to always be trusting...
Arriving back at the seats, Andre led the way to the ones with the best view of the main arena and the holographic projection. The cameras downstairs showed a hallway intersecting with the long rectangle that was the room with the cages in it. In the hallway he saw...
"What is that thing? Look, Brian, it's like some kind of... I-don't-know-what! I hope they're going to be okay down there!"
Andre set down the picnic lunch and pointed while he spoke.

((sj3: No, sir. From here on out it's not likely that you'll get puny ones. We're actually using real tournament monsters now. 3nodding And even if we draw a puny one at some point, it's gonna be one that can hold its own and not be such easy shish-kebab. So far the only ones I have finished profiles for are ones for the first tournament level, but we'll get to some of the ones for the second and third levels deeper in the basements/catacombs later on...))

((down in the basement...))
As Saito reached the point where the hallway opened onto the room they were in, there was a clattering of heavy split-hoofed feet on the stone floor, and Saito caught a glimpse of some sort of horned reptilian beast the size of a moose charging him.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:40 am
"I guess those wizards will do for a warm up, I'm going in"

""Thats not a very good idea, you dont know what theyre capable of""

"Like thats stopped me before" [Jumps into the arena, landing on one the wizards and dragging him down, piling his head into the ground.]

"Heh, not much fight to these guys is there" [Runs up the wall and jumps off to attack another rider]

""Well, maybe this wont get to serious. If it does I can always bind him until he calms down""  

Oracle for Hire

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:54 pm
Saito quickly unsheathed his sword and barely dodged the charge. He quickly after countered with a swing to one of its hind legs.

((I think I have a mental image of what would be the mortal combat equivelant of a cross between reptile and montaro.))  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games