Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:25 pm
Vash Thompson
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
I used the RE4 inverntory as an example. Because if it was like that, the actual Item boxes would prove useless.
It isn't very realistic.
It's more realistic than carrying everything on you. RE0 had the most realistic inventory system in RE to date.

True. It did have the most realistic system, but it got rid of the item boxes.
But like I said, most realistic doesn't mean the best. It was most realistic, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gonna tell you that it was a pain in the a** when you needed to get something that's far away.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:26 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
I used the RE4 inverntory as an example. Because if it was like that, the actual Item boxes would prove useless.
It isn't very realistic.
It's more realistic than carrying everything on you. RE0 had the most realistic inventory system in RE to date.

But like I said, most realistic doesn't mean the best. It was most realistic, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gonna tell you that it was a pain in the a** when you needed to get something that's far away.

That was the only flaw.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:30 pm
Vash Thompson
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
It isn't very realistic.

That was the only flaw.
Yeah, but it was a significant one. I love RE0, but I really, REALLY hate backtracking.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
It isn't very realistic.

That was the only flaw.
Yeah, but it was a significant one. I love RE0, but I really, REALLY hate backtracking.

I should correct myself real quick, there are two flaws, one of which is very significant. The one where you can explore by yourself while the other waits in a room. It's a pain in the a** if you're far away and they get attacked by something.  

Elliot Salem

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:36 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
It isn't very realistic.

That was the only flaw.
Backtracking is a major thing all RE's do...you atleast see some kind of room more then once. In RE surprised b file#2 in Desperate Times I'm always going though the main hall atleast three to four times cause of the pendants...major backtracking in file #2,still love it though.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:25 am
I never mind backtracking I'm usually playing through the game rather hurriedly anyways.  

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:35 pm
Mr. Kevin Ryman
Backtracking is a major thing all RE's do...you atleast see some kind of room more then once. In RE surprised b file#2 in Desperate Times I'm always going though the main hall atleast three to four times cause of the pendants...major backtracking in file #2,still love it though.
But it's different if you have to backtrack to open a door that used to be locked, that's not half as annoying as standing in a room far away and thinking to yourself, "Damn it. If only I thought about taking that item with me in the FIRST place!!!"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:43 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Mr. Kevin Ryman
But it's different if you have to backtrack to open a door that used to be locked, that's not half as annoying as standing in a room far away and thinking to yourself, "Damn it. If only I thought about taking that item with me in the FIRST place!!!"
Yea, I get so frustrated when I have to go through all those door loads. Pffft  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:07 pm
It only gets to me when I'm playing online and people start acting stupid and I end up doing everything. Desprate Times annoys me when Noobs wait in the gawdamn main lobby.They might as well go to the east office and get high on nerve gas. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:24 am
I think, they should combine all three systems.

They should allow you to drop items and come back for them later, while still having an item box. They should reduce the size of the attache case, though and not have any expansions.

As for how the game is controlled, it should be a fusion of RE0 and RE3.5.

It's most likely what they are going to do, why else would they introduce the systems in RE0.

Then again, It was probably a test of which system was more liked...  

Kouichi Pendolse

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:00 am
I hate to shatter those dreams, but they're going with RE4 style. As for the item management system... I like that idea. :O  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:57 pm
Here are the things I know about Resident Evil 5. I don't know if these things were said before, but they are true and I am going to state them here:

FACT: The main character is Chris Redfield.
RUMOR BREAKER: The character LOOKED like Chris Redfield to begin with. Hunk has very short, blond hair, and Carlos' hair is longer and his facial features are much different. That, and he's a latino; his skin isn't white like that. Also, think about the patern you'll see playing the games; Jill and Chris, then Leon and Claire, then Jill, then Claire, then Leon, and now..? Chris. All that, plus Capcom has already confirmed it to be Chris.

FACT: The setting is apparently in Mexico City.
RUMOR BREAKER: Rumors had it that it was set in the desert. That's -half- true, so..Yeah. Anyway, not much of a rumor to break here, point is, it's
Mexico City. The area in the trailer is probably a slum area.

FACT: Wesker is back with the title President of Umbrella Incorporated.
RUMOR BREAKER: That's right, kiddies. Wesker has been confirmed to make an indefinate return. He'll have a major impact on the Re5 storyline, but wether or not he is the final boss (or a boss at all) is yet to be confirmed. Also, at this point in time, Wesker has finally gained all the materials he needs to create a newer, cooler, and much-more-deadly Umbrella. All that's been confirmed is that Umbrella has been atleast in it's start-up phase. That means that yes, there is a new type of virus. Whether this virus is an enhanced version of T or not remains to be officially confirmed, but my own guess is that it is a new version of T, simply because it's creating zombies, and these zombies can apparently run.

FACT: Re5 is going to have the same gameplay style (with a couple new&improved features/functions) that Re4 did.

---------------

THINGS THAT REMAIN UNCONFIRMED:

RUMOR: The world is in an apocalyptic state.
EXPLAINATION: This has not been confirmed. Capcom didn't even hint about it being in an apocalyptic era, and how this rumor got started is beyond me.

RUMOR: There will be a multiple assortment of viruses that come into play.
EXPLAINATION: This is possible, but at the same time, unlikely.

RUMOR: There will be new monsters, including a new TYRANT model, that will scare the crap out of you.
EXPLAINATION: There will definately be new monsters. For a new TYRANT, I wouldn't doubt that. Why I put this under unconfirmed is because it's just that; Capcom has not said a word about/shown creatures besides zombies which can apparently run when aggroed. Plus, since the graphics for the PS3 and X360 are revolutionarily realistic, the fear-factor of the game will (not would, but will) be enhanced greatly.

RUMOR: This marks the end of the fight between Wesker and Chris.
EXPLAINATION: No proof of this exists. Besides, according to Wesker Report 2, Wesker injected himself with a variation of the T-Virus which reanimates the dead in a way that makes them seem fully alive, taking away the properties of decay and such, and also giving them super-human powers. Wesker is damn-near invulnerable, but knowing Capcom, if this IS the end of the fight between Wesker and Chris, then they'll make Wesker look like a total puss.

-Nymphotronic-

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:34 am
Most of those facts haven't even been stated yet or confirmed. Capcom hasn't released any new infomation on the game since last year when it was announced. TGS 2006 will hopefully clear up those rumors in September.
Plus if your going to mentioned that those are facts, please post your references, because theres so many rumors floating up in the air.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:13 am
I really don't care, the more the company reveals about the game, the less of impact the game will have. Now, if it kept everything in the vault aside from some gameplay trailers and perhaps revealing who the character is, but nothing more than that. None of that, "Wesker will be this and that." Giving away all these things that will spoil everything for you in the end.  

Biohazard EXTREME

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:36 am
Maybe attach a spoiler alert to that post...... as far as the things I actually want to find out now, I'll want to wait for the game. I'm tired of non cited 'reports'.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games