Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2014 Circe's Trials: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:42 pm
4. The Heart’s Desire Pendant of Gold and Garnet: FAILURE  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:43 pm
5. Mirror of Unfolding Truths: SUCCESS  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:44 pm
6. A Bottle of Fairy Dust: FAILURE  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:44 pm
7. The Locket of Longing Lovers: SUCCESS  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:45 pm
8. The Golden Seal of Pisces: SUCCESS/FAILURE  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:46 pm
9. A Ruby Peacock Hairpiece: FAILURE  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:47 pm
10. The Bracelet of Lady Rose: FAILURE  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:01 pm
1. An Opalescent Abalone Shell: FAILURE
My first present was small, though tried as I may, I could make myself prise the abalone from its beautiful shell.
2. An Overflowing Box of Pearls: FAILURE
A box of pearls for a beautiful mer-maiden? My heart was set, but alas my pockets empty. I would have to become much more cunning.
3. A Musical Set of Silver Bangles: FAILURE
The bangles belonged to a lovely dancer, and I thought they would be lovelier still around the hooves of the phony of the depths, yet I could not steal them, not even for her.
4. The Heart’s Desire Pendant of Gold and Garnet: FAILURE
The pendant lay in the home of the rich, and though I snuck in and approached it’s glittering beauty, the jewel held captive by the golden prison gave me visions of the sorrow it’s loss would bring its owner. I could not take it.
5. Mirror of Unfolding Truths: SUCCESS
Defeated, I moved to my next task, acquiring a special mirror. Though I had little hope, the mirror’s swirling reflection let me pick it up from its dusty resting place. I was supposed to take it with me.
6. A Bottle of Fairy Dust: FAILURE
As it turns out, fairies are very difficult to dust. They have nails like tiny, tiny kittens, too.
7. The Locket of Longing Lovers: SUCCESS
I did not suspect this quest would lead true to my plan, but when the large locket as in my hand it resonated with me- it took on my longing to fulfill this quest.
8. The Golden Seal of Pisces: FAILURE
Note to self: trying to steal the seal of a celestial being is a very, very dumb idea. Far more than the fairy one.
9. A Ruby Peacock Hairpiece: FAILURE
The hairpiece was simple enough to pluck from the hair of its owner, but the gems burned accusingly against my fingers, and I dropped it to the floor beside the lady's feet.
10. The Bracelet of Lady Rose: FAILURE
The old woman was wasting away, frail as a brittle leaf, but kind to me when I came visiting. As beautiful as a gift it would be, I could not take such a treasured thing.  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:19 pm
"Well, my dear..."

My dear lady of the waters, I learned much in my time to find things grand for you. Mostly, that I did not have a cruel heart to take what was not willingly given. Pray listen to it still? It may not be the tale you enjoy most, but it may be a tale that soothes you.

I had my plans in a row, items picked out that I thought you would love most. Glimmering things of beauty to entice, trinkets and jewelry and baubles to draw you in and favor me most. Yet try as I may, I could not kill the abalone for its beautiful shell, or break a shop window to swipe a box of shiny pearls. These things were just items, shimmering and pointless, a lovely decoration and nothing more.

Next I set upon a troupe of dancing girls, and their tinkling bangles jangled lovingly on their wrists and ankles, and I thought it would complement you so well, as would a brilliant ruby hairpiece from a lady in the crowd. They were lovely things, and would have decorated you well, but my heart could not let me steal what they loved, not even from the wrist of a frail old woman who had smiled so kindly at me when I went to visit. Would you detest me for being so soft?

I set upon to find something more grand- and what a folly it was. I was punished severely for my impudence. The fairies did not appreciate my attempt to dust them and left my hands cut, and as pretty as the seal of Pisces was… well, perhaps it is a good thing I was not able to acquire it for you, who lives in the water.

Yet there were two things I was able to bring, two wonderful things that go beyond mere riches or pretty decorations. A mirror I present, brass and old, but not just for the reflections of your beauty, but for the reflections of reality. I slipped into a ruin in the waning moonlight, and there it laid for me on its dusty pedestal. I plucked it up because it was meant to be, even the mirror knew that it was to be presented to you.

The last I have is most curious of all, a locket of silver, but not for keeping hair or hiding a picture. The locket I was glad to not have to steal, as its owner handed it to me with a knowing smile. I was not in the kind of longing the medallion was made for, but the feeling was settled deep into my heart, and was soothed by the cool metal against my chest.

I’m afraid I am no good at being cruel, for deception and thieving, but the two treasures I bring to present to you are from a place wholly pure, untainted with dark things and meant to be.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:48 pm
"As you wish..."

User Image
[Note: I only had two successes in the treasure hunt. The bracelets, perfume, and plastic white and sea-foam gems are extras for prettyness. And not giving a pathetically small gift to the lovely sea witch.]

Luafien

Super Wife

Rapidashtrainer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:46 am
"As you wish..."

User Image

" The magic beans, golden egg and coins are in the cornucopia carried by the hired help I mentioned. As you can see, he's quite a helpful chap. Quite useful during a blackout or when such fancy takes you to go wandering into the deep dark depths of the lagoon,"

Note: Non-animated but better quality image of entry here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:47 am
"Well, my dear..."

My feet shuffle beneath me, my hands press together at the small of my back. My eyes do not reach hers as I quietly begin.

"This...is a delicate subject, you see. I am here not for myself but for someone very dear to me. I am here for my grandmother, my Lady-bird as we lovingly call her. It is just about Christmas time, understand, and I am the only one of her many grandchildren yet to bring her a gift."

I sigh heavily, eyes faded, thinking back, far back.

"It's been hard, on all of us, but mostly her. Memory problems, you see. Half the time she knows us, and the other... It's like we are strangers, intruders even."

Tears sting my eyes as I raise my head, staring hard at the secret keeper before me.

"I have come to you in hopes that maybe, just maybe, you have something in your trove of history that will help her remember, even just for a moment, how much I love her. Please, please... Help me do this."  

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:58 am
"As you wish..."

-I will be drawing this, maybe I'll make it, who knows-

"It pained me to take apart such important treasures, but I know what you will offer me will be worth it. Here, I present to you a ribbon choker." I say, clasping it about her throat.

It is made with a length of ribbon taken from the Daughter's Hair Ribbon. The ends were strengthened with the silvery Gum Wrapper. A clasp was made from the chain of the Silver Locket. At its center it the Song Bird Broach. Lining the ribbon were beads taken from the Charm Bracelet.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:41 pm
"Well, my dear..."

"First I tried to conjure something that would enhance your beauty! Nail polish midnight black to bright hues! And in the water, still shine bright. But alas I was tricked by this -- magician -- try as I might the polish ran into the deep blue sea."

"For hair as fine as yours! No coral or sharp crab claw will do. I present to you -- a comb!(tm) No fork nor cheap material. Only a beautiful sturdy piece for you, witch of the sea."

"I went into the depths of the sea -- chased by anglerfishe and horrible stinky blob fishes to find the elusive black oysters for the pearls of night that would decorate your neck. But no!! An army of 100 lights surrounded me, leaving me to drop the oysters back on the ground, swimming back up with only my life intact."

"You deal in the business of giving tokens to -- unfortunate travelers, and I am amazed by your power! You truly see into the future, it's crystal clear. With these things --- your customers would have nothing to fear. So I hate to say this-- but I am humbled. Try as I may to find more stunning shells -- You already have them all, the shells that scream the brightest of all the sea.

I looked upon you and thought that the moon would suit you well, the mystery, darkness, one that shines in the sea of darkness. Alas! Try as I may -- I stood on the highest ladders, on top of the highest mountain yet the moon evaded me. Next time, I may try sunshine instead.

For this one -- I decided I was going to be a hero for you, dear witch. Did you know I had a fear of slugs? Anything that is soft and squirmy? -- Nudibranchs, as beautiful and bright as they are -- I fear them. But for you I swam to the lair of the kind nudibranch! Armed with only a stick and a resolve to conquer them. --And oh it was a fierce battle, such a battle to be told to your sons, daughters and their children and so on! I battled those squirmy things -- thankfully they couldn't hide from my sight. And I did it. With heavy breathing and battle-wounds I looked at kiing nudibranch-- and he told me he surrendered to me. Now they serve you, queen, to aid you in travels, to bring you whatever you wish! To dance, to brush your hair, to fight -- anything you desire.

I wished to give you the water up above the mountains of dew, where the purest rainwater touches, the air clean with no smog within miles and miles -- yet when I jumped into the water I realized -- the water around you, oh powerful, is the best water there could be.

Fire! Fire to strike fear in your enemies eyes! No one underwater has ever seen this magic! They will praise you more! --- But -- well, It was stolen from me by an army of a thousand minnows.

Ah the legendary unbreakable mirror! It would have been fortunate to look upon your face. This was my mistake, mistress, it had to look upon me and so... well, it shattered.

I wished for you to take my voice oh queen of the depths! And oh I tried, took voice lessons and a personal voice coach who trained me every second of the day -- but it wasn't enough, my voice was not worthy of you. And only the best must be presented to you.

I hope my gifts please you, royal sea witch, as well as my heroic efforts to try to take these treasures to you. I am but your humble slave."

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:43 pm
"As you wish..."

User Image

I have trained them to dance a cheer for you, a melody that suits this season! And of course, they are at your beck and call to brush your beautiful hair.

Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff