Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past
Do you &quot;like&quot; any of the characters from the anime Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Rachael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:01 am
Kynale
Yes! I have finally found someone who shares my love for Harley. xd heart All my other friends think he's a freak...

Well...he is a freak. But he's a lovable freak. heart xd

Hey, did you know that in the Japanese version of Pokemon, Haruka has her own unique speech pattern? She likes to end her sentences in ka mo. Anyway, when she meets Harley and he gives her a sample of his homemade cookies, she says "Oishii ka mo." Basically, she's saying they're good, but in mainstream Japanese, "ka mo" means "maybe." So to Harley, it sounds like she's saying, "They might be good." "Not bad" was a good translation, but I thought I'd share this information with everyone. ;p  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:49 am
Little Rachael
Well...he is a freak. But he's a lovable freak. heart xd

Hey, did you know that in the Japanese version of Pokemon, Haruka has her own unique speech pattern? She likes to end her sentences in ka mo. Anyway, when she meets Harley and he gives her a sample of his homemade cookies, she says "Oishii ka mo." Basically, she's saying they're good, but in mainstream Japanese, "ka mo" means "maybe." So to Harley, it sounds like she's saying, "They might be good." "Not bad" was a good translation, but I thought I'd share this information with everyone. ;p

Interesting... I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. 3nodding That whole scene makes a lot more sense now.

And Golem, trust me, Harley has always had long hair. That'd be an amusing situation though... Harley and James. xd  

Kynale

Little Rachael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:40 am
Kynale
Interesting... I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. 3nodding That whole scene makes a lot more sense now.

And Golem, trust me, Harley has always had long hair. That'd be an amusing situation though... Harley and James. xd

*shrugs* I wasn't confused at all when I saw the scene. I just thought the explanation of the Japanese version was cool when I read it, because I'm obsessed with the Japanese language. xd

Oh, and Melody Hikari should be happy, because this has proven that gay Pokemon characters don't have pink hair; they have purple hair.

Oh, wait...What does that say about James? eek

Well, at least his hair isn't black. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:08 pm
I can tell just by looking at him that Harley's awesome. I have a new fandom. xd heart

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

oGolem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:48 pm
Little Rachael
*shrugs* I wasn't confused at all when I saw the scene. I just thought the explanation of the Japanese version was cool when I read it, because I'm obsessed with the Japanese language. xd

Oh, and Melody Hikari should be happy, because this has proven that gay Pokemon characters don't have pink hair; they have purple hair.

Nothing we haven't known for, oh, AGES. He's in drag half the time, loves looking at pictures of his dashing good looks, and can summon a higher-pitched voice than Jesse on command.

James is, not-so-secretly...

...a Eunich.
*dodges all objects thrown at him*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:20 pm
Golem OTCT
Positive. Harley used a (SPOILER WHITE TEXT TO FOLLOW. AS IF ANYONE CARES.) loudspeaker and embarrassing tales from May's past. He also uses a delightfully pretty Cacturne, and obsesses about revenge. thing.

But if that IS harley.. I can just imagine him meeting James. James would beg Cacnea to stop cuddling him, and Harley'd call out Cacturne... and then their eyes would meet...
LOL

and for the last time, Lance has RED hair.
repeat afther moi---oh flip it, you people wouldn't even listen.

James is the only non-gay act gay like character. *came out of nowhere*
*runs to hide from James fangirls for saying this* ninja  

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:23 pm
Golem OTCT
Little Rachael

Nothing we haven't known for, oh, AGES. He's in drag half the time, loves looking at pictures of his dashing good looks, and can summon a higher-pitched voice than Jesse on command.

...a Eunich.

for us socially dead, can you translate eunich?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:03 pm
Uhm.

A Eunich is a person who has no capacity for sexual reproduction, usually due to castration or other medical reasons.  

oGolem

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:05 pm
Golem OTCT
Uhm.

A Eunich is a person who has no capacity for sexual reproduction, usually due to castration or other medical reasons.

enough said at not being able to reproduce. eek sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:29 pm
I don't bother with crushes, especially with anime and video game characters, or actors even. Reason is...I know I'd never get with them, so why even imagine it? sweatdrop  

Infinity Forever

Girl-Crazy Gaian

13,550 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:22 pm
That's a good point. I suppose my reason is I figure fantazing over anime/video or even actors is a pretty safe way to go when it comes fantasies in general.

Real people are scary >>;  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:28 pm
Golem OTCT

...a Eunich.

xd It's spelled "eunuch."

James's sexuality has been debated ever since the story began. I do believe Eric Stuart said at one point that he tries to make James sound gay on purpose. xd But you'll have to ask Sui or someone who knows a lot about Eric Stuart if you want to confirm that, because I can't.

Although he and Jessie did get married in one of the manga, I believe the manga is an entirely different canon altogether.

Melody, don't worry so much. wink So what if some people think his hair is pink? Some people think James's hair is blue; some think it's purple. Some think Tracey's hair is black (like me); some think it's green. And the person who said that he must be gay because his hair is pink was just joking.

Trust me, if I freaked out every time someone said Tracey was gay, I would be dead of a heart attack by now. ;p  

Little Rachael

Jaxaelin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:09 pm
Misty's hot. cool

And uh... so is Ivy.... -trampled by Brock fangirls-
What? She is pretty smexy.

I like Falkner and Wallace as well. :}  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:36 pm
Wonder Nerd
Misty's hot. cool

And uh... so is Ivy.... -trampled by Brock fangirls-
What? She is pretty smexy.

I like Falkner and Wallace as well. :}

*eyetwitch, is a Brock fangirl, probably the biggest one here.*

However, I wouldn't trample you for that, everyone is intitled to their own opinions 3nodding

Admittedly, I have seen some dojinshi that made Ivy pretty hot, but she always looked like she was stoned to me....  

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Fezzy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:25 pm
Look out! Its the tampon fairy! Having trouble getting that pesky little tampon in? Never fear, tampon fairy will shove that sucker in there just you watch. xp

and when you say doujinshi, do you mean that doujinshi?  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff