Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
.:: Chinese Dim Sum ::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dim Sum?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 47 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
What is Dim Sum?
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 57

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:32 am
There is a difference between us cooking it alive and a lobster pinching us.
We cook it alive (causing the poor lobster/crab excruciating pain) because we want to eat it. The lobster pinches us because it's afraid and defends itself; acting on impulse.
If you go and argue that a lion is the same as us in trying to harm us just to eat us, well they're not the same. Sentience and intelligence comes into play then. Lions can't find another way to put down the prey before eating it...We can.

...And now I've gone way off-topic, thanks guys. blaugh wink I think I will be having dim sum today with my family. I want my siu mai!! ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:27 am
^ Ah! You're so lucky! I havent eat any dim sum for about a month ago! During my trip to China, I went Yam Cha almost every morning!  

sasa_powa_4eva

Tokioka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:15 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
^ Ah! You're so lucky! I havent eat any dim sum for about a month ago! During my trip to China, I went Yam Cha almost every morning!

I haven't had dim sum for about 3 months now. We just never go to london anymore ever since a chinese supermarket opened up in Reading. sad
Luckily I'll be in hong kong soon so I'll be able to yam cha all the time. Can't wait to eat me some pidgeon! xp I haven't had it for ages.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:56 pm
I'm sorry to hear that guys. If you ever come visit me, I'll take you out for some good dim sum! xd (good in my opinion)  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Tokioka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:04 pm
wiim
I'm sorry to hear that guys. If you ever come visit me, I'll take you out for some good dim sum! xd (good in my opinion)

Will do! You're paying, right? lol jks. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:55 pm
Tokioka
wiim

Will do! You're paying, right? lol jks. mrgreen

my friends use to talk about how adults fight over paying for yumcha. we never could understand why they fight over who gets to pay. but now i do. I have this annoying habit of paying whenever I go out. anyway off topic. I don't feel like looking at food much these past few days. neutral  

yalie5

xoCrow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:45 am
My local asian market stopped stocking most of the things I like. Like certain pocky, drinks, etc. :/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:40 am
Tokioka
sasa_powa_4eva

I haven't had dim sum for about 3 months now. We just never go to london anymore ever since a chinese supermarket opened up in Reading. sad
Luckily I'll be in hong kong soon so I'll be able to yam cha all the time. Can't wait to eat me some pidgeon! xp I haven't had it for ages.
Ew. Pigeon. Ew.
Hey haven't you been to that dim sum place in Reading? It alright there, not too bad.

OOOOh You're going to HK, buy me stuff. (Thats a DEMAND not a request. xd )

Syeori

Syeori

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:41 am
wiim
We cook it alive (causing the poor lobster/crab excruciating pain) because we want to eat it. The lobster pinches us because it's afraid and defends itself; acting on impulse.
If you go and argue that a lion is the same as us in trying to harm us just to eat us, well they're not the same. Sentience and intelligence comes into play then. Lions can't find another way to put down the prey before eating it...We can.

...And now I've gone way off-topic, thanks guys. blaugh wink I think I will be having dim sum today with my family. I want my siu mai!! ninja

OOOooh so thaaaats why everyone loves you! i get it now 3nodding whee  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:46 pm
Vanilla_Soda
Tokioka
sasa_powa_4eva

Ew. Pigeon. Ew.
Hey haven't you been to that dim sum place in Reading? It alright there, not too bad.

Pidgeon's lovely! It's kinda like chicken. Last time I had it was at my grandad's birthday party at the China Palace (the place in Reading). The yumcha place in Reading's alright, but it's not as good as london - or so my dad says. Seeing as we are talking about dim sum, just thought I'd like to mention that my dad used to be a head chef at one of the london restaurants, which is kinda cool. I did have this pamphlet with him on the front cover standing in china town, but I couldn't find it. If I do find it I'll post it later.
And yes, I am going to HK. In fact as soon as I finish posting on gaia I'll go to bed and within a few more hours we'll be at the airport. I hope it's gonna be fun and I'll try to buy as much stuff as possible! mrgreen Dunno about getting anything for you though... stare  

Tokioka

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:01 pm
Tokioka
sasa_powa_4eva

Oh! I'd tried pigeons once during my trip... it was disgusting!!! Yuck!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:54 pm
Vanilla_Soda
wiim

Everyone? Who is everyone? 4laugh  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Syeori

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:00 am
Tokioka
Vanilla_Soda
Tokioka
sasa_powa_4eva

Ew. Pigeon. Ew.

Pidgeon's lovely! It's kinda like chicken. Last time I had it was at my grandad's birthday party at the China Palace (the place in Reading). The yumcha place in Reading's alright, but it's not as good as london - or so my dad says. Seeing as we are talking about dim sum, just thought I'd like to mention that my dad used to be a head chef at one of the london restaurants, which is kinda cool. I did have this pamphlet with him on the front cover standing in china town, but I couldn't find it. If I do find it I'll post it later.
And yes, I am going to HK. In fact as soon as I finish posting on gaia I'll go to bed and within a few more hours we'll be at the airport. I hope it's gonna be fun and I'll try to buy as much stuff as possible! mrgreen Dunno about getting anything for you though... stare

*le gasp* hOW ruuuuuuude! hehe =p

You think everything tastes of chicken. Yea London has really good dim sum places.
OOh and have a great time in HK! mrgreen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:02 am
wiim
Vanilla_Soda
wiim

Everyone? Who is everyone? 4laugh

Um...me? and everyone else.. 3nodding  

Syeori

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:33 pm
i like the pork with the really crunchy skin. that's yummy but that's not dimsum sweatdrop  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff