Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Same-Sex Marriage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Same-sex Marriage?
Yes for Same-sex Marriage
47%
 47%  [ 18 ]
Religion out of the Gov't Civil Unions for All
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Same-sex Civil Unions are Okay
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 pm
TammiGirl
Hyrookoo
TammiGirl
No, if you're having sex with a guy, or wanting to have sex with a guy and nothing else, you're being a homosexual. Marriage has nothing to do with sex. People have sex both in and out of marriage. Also, sex isn't necessary for marriage. So, since somebody is gay, whether they're getting married or not, that's what those passages were addressing. They said nothing about marriage.

O.O OMG If you truly love someone, then you will want to marry them. If you want to marry them, then on the honymoon night, you generally have sex with them. I am sure it is the sam way with heterosexuals and homosexuals. The only REAL exeption to this is if you marry someone of the same sex so that they don't get deported. Even then, that is not right because of the vows of marraige.

Civil union is alright with me, but no marraige in a church

If you truly love someone, you may well have sex with them many, many times before marriage. Also, if you're poor, there may not be a honeymoon. You're assuming rituals dictate behavior, and they do not. Just because people get married doesn't necessarily mean they will go on a honeymoon and have sex. And, inversely, just because people aren't married doesn't mean they aren't having sex. As to not wanting marriage in a church, well, that's a pretty bold statement. Eliminating all marriages from churches would be an interesting thing to see.

ashmaster 76
TammiGirl
Romans 1:26-27

That said lust for other men, and implied sex. It said nothing about marriage. Ask any married man and they will tell you, sex and marriage have nothing to do with one another.

Corinthians 6:9-10

That just says being a homosexual itself is a sin. It said nothing about same sex marriage.

Timothy 1:9-10

That just says the law is made for the unrighteous, and included sodomites. It did not say same sex marriage once in there.
its still a sin cuz its still homosexuality u retard

Well, I'll avoid getting into any more hot water with LB. All I'll say is, none of those passages said marriage. They said homosexuality in general, and homosexual sex. For a gay person, waking up in the morning and realizing "hey, I'm gay," is being gay.

A Lonely Leaf
Why would two people of the same sex get married then? If they didn't want to be with each other, they would not marry, unless it was for legal reasons. Anyway, I think Lust can be problematic for any relationship, homosexual or otherwise.

What's my stance? It's complicated. I understand why homosexuals would want the same right to marry as heterosexuals, but I don't think it is a holy act.

Nonetheless, I realize we live in a worldly world, not a heavenly one. Again, I understand, but I don't agree. People are free to debate the validity of my belief, but in the end, it won't change my values or belief.

We do live in a complicated world.

ps: Regardless of which position is taken, respect should be given to the involved parties and that's that.

Why does anyone want to get married? The last I checked, the whole "love" thing is far from the reason a lot of people do so. Some people get married because they fear being alone. Some people get married for financial incentive. Some people get married because Uncle Rajiv and his coworker Bishnu worked out a deal to marry off their progeny. Oh yeah, I guess everyone here neglected the overwhelming number of arranged marriages that occur in the world. Some people get married due to family pressure. Some people get married due to social pressure. Hell, wasn't there a TV show several years back called "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?" That falls under the heading of some people marry for entertainment. So, yeah, people get married for lots of reasons. The Bible doesn't seem to have any prohibitions against same sex marriage, just prohibitions against gay sex and gay love. As I listed above, there's plenty of reasons for gay people to get married that have nothing to do with love, just like straight people. So, I'm not seeing that the prohibition applies.

As to whether or not it's a holy act, I don't see anything in the Bible that says a husband can't give his wife a dutch oven (no, it's not sexual), but I wouldn't call a dutch oven a holy act either.

Quote:
As to whether or not it's a holy act, I don't see anything in the Bible that says a husband can't give his wife a dutch oven (no, it's not sexual), but I wouldn't call a dutch oven a holy act either.
Theirs a differnce between a nasty act and a sinful act.

Quote:
Some people get married because Uncle Rajiv and his coworker Bishnu worked out a deal to marry off their progeny
That is nothing but you stereotyping.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:45 pm
Ruyashie
TammiGirl
Hyrookoo
TammiGirl
No, if you're having sex with a guy, or wanting to have sex with a guy and nothing else, you're being a homosexual. Marriage has nothing to do with sex. People have sex both in and out of marriage. Also, sex isn't necessary for marriage. So, since somebody is gay, whether they're getting married or not, that's what those passages were addressing. They said nothing about marriage.

O.O OMG If you truly love someone, then you will want to marry them. If you want to marry them, then on the honymoon night, you generally have sex with them. I am sure it is the sam way with heterosexuals and homosexuals. The only REAL exeption to this is if you marry someone of the same sex so that they don't get deported. Even then, that is not right because of the vows of marraige.

Civil union is alright with me, but no marraige in a church

If you truly love someone, you may well have sex with them many, many times before marriage. Also, if you're poor, there may not be a honeymoon. You're assuming rituals dictate behavior, and they do not. Just because people get married doesn't necessarily mean they will go on a honeymoon and have sex. And, inversely, just because people aren't married doesn't mean they aren't having sex. As to not wanting marriage in a church, well, that's a pretty bold statement. Eliminating all marriages from churches would be an interesting thing to see.

ashmaster 76
TammiGirl
Romans 1:26-27

That said lust for other men, and implied sex. It said nothing about marriage. Ask any married man and they will tell you, sex and marriage have nothing to do with one another.

Corinthians 6:9-10

That just says being a homosexual itself is a sin. It said nothing about same sex marriage.

Timothy 1:9-10

That just says the law is made for the unrighteous, and included sodomites. It did not say same sex marriage once in there.
its still a sin cuz its still homosexuality u retard

Well, I'll avoid getting into any more hot water with LB. All I'll say is, none of those passages said marriage. They said homosexuality in general, and homosexual sex. For a gay person, waking up in the morning and realizing "hey, I'm gay," is being gay.

A Lonely Leaf
Why would two people of the same sex get married then? If they didn't want to be with each other, they would not marry, unless it was for legal reasons. Anyway, I think Lust can be problematic for any relationship, homosexual or otherwise.

What's my stance? It's complicated. I understand why homosexuals would want the same right to marry as heterosexuals, but I don't think it is a holy act.

Nonetheless, I realize we live in a worldly world, not a heavenly one. Again, I understand, but I don't agree. People are free to debate the validity of my belief, but in the end, it won't change my values or belief.

We do live in a complicated world.

ps: Regardless of which position is taken, respect should be given to the involved parties and that's that.

Why does anyone want to get married? The last I checked, the whole "love" thing is far from the reason a lot of people do so. Some people get married because they fear being alone. Some people get married for financial incentive. Some people get married because Uncle Rajiv and his coworker Bishnu worked out a deal to marry off their progeny. Oh yeah, I guess everyone here neglected the overwhelming number of arranged marriages that occur in the world. Some people get married due to family pressure. Some people get married due to social pressure. Hell, wasn't there a TV show several years back called "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?" That falls under the heading of some people marry for entertainment. So, yeah, people get married for lots of reasons. The Bible doesn't seem to have any prohibitions against same sex marriage, just prohibitions against gay sex and gay love. As I listed above, there's plenty of reasons for gay people to get married that have nothing to do with love, just like straight people. So, I'm not seeing that the prohibition applies.

Quote:
Theirs a differnce between a nasty act and a sinful act.

Quote:
Some people get married because Uncle Rajiv and his coworker Bishnu worked out a deal to marry off their progeny
That is nothing but you stereotyping.

The standard he set was holy, not sinful. If you want to inject another standard into the discussion do so independently of the point being addressed, not as a response to something where your point is a strawman argument.

As to stereotyping, oh my goodness lord knows nobody has ever heard of Indians arranging marriages before.  

TammiGirl

II ninja5 II

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:25 pm
Gays are just another loby for the dems. If you give them one thing they'll want more. Also it's a church sacrament. libs cant be allowed to bad mouth the church and want it's graces. Also Nancy plosey is an insult to all Catholics.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:59 pm
Here in Commie-fornia just just let Nancy boys get married (but the judge put a halt to the marrages whie the appeal is pursued)  

Kingthor2282

COMANDER COON

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 pm
Civil Unions for Everyone-- Marriage shouldn't be in Gov't if it's
Religious

also I damand a revote for this topic(remove poll and add the same one) so that People can change there votes like me  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:14 am
Kingthor2282
Here in Commie-fornia just just let Nancy boys get married (but the judge put a halt to the marrages whie the appeal is pursued)

Watch it with the epithets.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Fuhrer Fincher

Aged Genius

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:24 pm
RenFlower
First off, are you insinuating that homosexuals aren't allowed to be christians, and that any religion that accepts them must be wierd? Plus, are you saying that we shouldn't demand rights for people? Doesn't that go against the whole constitution. That people should say what they believe is right? Are you saying that we shouldn't be fighting to end sexism and racism because we shouldn't ask for more rights? Should people not stand up for their rights when they are wrongly treated? If anything, this puts us on the road to a BETTER democracy, where everyone really is treated equal.

Homosexualality is a disease of the brain. God does not allow homosexuality in his kingdom. Further-more it is a sin in christianity, if you are willing to go against your own God that you are supposed to put faith in why can't you put faith in him and follow his commandments?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:22 am
I think the wholse, same sex marriage should be allowed. That's all I'm going to say.  

charmed taurus

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:28 pm
TammiGirl

Sex beofre marriage is a big no no in Chirstianity.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Ruyashie
TammiGirl

Sex beofre marriage is a big no no in Chirstianity.

That's largely irrelevant to the point I was making. Just because Christians don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  

TammiGirl

paperpixie

3,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 am
RenFlower
First off, are you insinuating that homosexuals aren't allowed to be christians, and that any religion that accepts them must be wierd? Plus, are you saying that we shouldn't demand rights for people? Doesn't that go against the whole constitution. That people should say what they believe is right? Are you saying that we shouldn't be fighting to end sexism and racism because we shouldn't ask for more rights? Should people not stand up for their rights when they are wrongly treated? If anything, this puts us on the road to a BETTER democracy, where everyone really is treated equal.

first off if your a christian doesnt that mean you believe in the bible? Gays cannot be christians because they reject it, for instance romans 1- furthermore its wrong to force a church to marry a couple when they believe the union is against God. also we do not have a democracy, we have a constitutional republic. do your reserch hun  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:30 pm
My personal belief is that homosexuality ( marriage or union) is wrong. But it is not my decision to choose for other people. And the church do let Gays be in the church they just don't condone same-sex marriage/union  

Pandern

1,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

BarryKlob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 am
It's just not natural.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 am
BarryKlob
It's just not natural.

source?