Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:20 pm
*sings along and dances to Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance"* xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:26 pm
*goes through the pictures she took* There wasn't very many things to take pictures of today during my walk... which as a result made my walk seem a bit shorter than usual.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:42 pm
*sighs* I'm getting bored. So I'm going to watch some movies. Probably ones we already have, rather than ones through Netflix.

So... talk to you later.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm
*listens to the soundtrack for The Holiday* I just finished watching my favorite movie - The Holiday. I absolutely love it! And I love the original score for the movie as well - hence the reason why I'm listening to the soundtrack (on YouTube). biggrin  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 pm
Anyway... I'm hanging out here while I take care of my Facebook stuff... and probably go take care of my Mom's stuff as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 pm
Done with Facebook stuff, but I'm going to keep hanging out here for awhile so I can finish listening to The Holiday soundtrack. sweatdrop  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 pm
*sighs* It really sucks that due to my friends' work and school schedules, we don't hang out as often as we used to. And yes, we are close... but not as close that we probably should be... which sucks. Pretty much the only time we do seem to get in contact with each other is to discuss about plans of getting together.

And it really sucks when you have a whole week of vacation and you want to do something with your friends, but you don't know what to do, especially when you have no bloody clue what your friends' schedules are.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:16 pm
I miss the days that I would spend almost every weekend with my friends, just getting together. Even if we ended up just sitting around watching TV... or reading random stuff... or just going for a walk at any of the parks nearby. *sighs* Why is it that once you become an adult, you have to drop all of the fun things you used to do? And if you do want to them, others might see it as immature? Why is it that the only acceptable time to do childish things when you're adult is when you have children around - whether it's your own, a relative's, a friend's, or some random stranger's children to grows a liking to you ((actually had that happen once to my friend and me - the entire "herd" of children started following my friend around)).  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 pm
It's only the lucky few who are children at heart - like the maternal side of my family is - who are able to pull off doing child play without looking to ridiculous.

*sighs*

Not even sure how this topic even got started. Guess I just needed to let out some thoughts that are on my mind... in the back of my mind... whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:22 pm
On the note of favorite movies... apparently there's a theory that your favorite movies reveal a large amount of who you are - i.e. personality. Of course, some of the aspects are obvious (i.e. if you're drawn to romantic comedies, you could be a romantic). Technically the two people who created this theory form the analysis of who you are based on your Top Ten movies...  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:25 pm
If I had the book that covers this theory - Cinescopes - I probably would be able to tell more about myself. But apparently there's 16 personality types they came up with, as seen below:

Dedicated Idealist: Nobody understands the power of dreams better. (Famous example: George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life")

Loyal Warrior: Noble heroes who derive power from an unyielding dedication to others with a common cause. (Famous example: Princess Leia in "Star Wars")

Passionate Maverick: Like fish swimming against a current, these rebels choose not to listen to those around them. (Famous example: William Wallace in "Braveheart")

Youthful Sage: These insightful philosophers have an irrepressible urge to erupt into spontaneous action. (Famous example: Ferris Bueller in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off")

Charismatic Performer: All the world's a stage, and the men and women are merely players. Artistic, talented, and witty. (Famous example: Fannie Brice in "Funny Girl")

Chosen Adventurer: Suffer from boredom, and their talents are undetected by others. They can be suddenly dragged into epic adventures. (Famous example: Indiana Jones in "Raiders of the Lost Ark")

Courageous Detective: These brave heroes scour dark places for answers, engaging in cat-and-mouse games with their adversaries, uncovering the truth under the surface. (Famous example: Clarice Starling in "Silence of the Lambs")

Destined Hunter: Have the ability to look evil right in the eye and tell it where to go. They are drawn to things physical and primitive, whether spending time outdoors or screaming at the top of their lungs. When it really counts, Hunters choose fight over flight. (Famous example: Rambo in "First Blood")

Determined Survivor: Weather harrowing circumstances and experience the worst of mankind. Survivors tend to be quiet and calm on the outside, but deep down they're focused, intense, and serious. (Famous example: Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the Wind")

Enlightened Healer: Provide inspiration in an otherwise dismal world. They ability to care for others and their nonjudgmental attitude makes them perfect companions to a variety of counterparts. They are wise and altruistic heroes. (Famous example: Sean Maguire in "Good Will Hunting")

Existential Savior: Have beautiful minds and like to use them. They think about the world's most pressing issues ("How do I stop global warming?") and insignificant details ("Can everyone hear that buzzing or is it just me?"). (Famous example: Neo in "The Matrix")

Invincible Optimist: Are on a mission to prove that a positive attitude and a winning sense of humor will save the day. Their unbound enthusiasm and gusto for life allow them to face hazardous situations unrestrained by fear. (Famous examples: Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde")

Magical Creator: Believe that having fun is the most important thing in life. Once these heroes realize they can turn the world into a magical place, they're never the same. (Famous example: Holly Golightly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's")

Rebellious Lover: The course of love never did run smooth, but it might just be the only thing in the world worth fighting for. Rebellious lovers feel constrained in a world where they don't quite belong, and their choice in lovers reflects this. (Famous example: Rose Bukater in "Titanic")

Respected Champion: Nobody understands the struggle of the underdog better. They have big dreams, big hearts, and big ambitions that drive them. (Famous example: Eric "Otter" Stratton in "Animal House")

Vivacious Romantic: Have big, warm hearts, and their dreams of true love are enduring. They're close to their families and loyal to their friends. (Famous example: Annie Reed in "Sleepless in Seattle")  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm
*gasps* YES! The preview of the book on Amazon has the codes I need to determine my personality type. Woot! Now it's just a matter of creating the list of my Top Ten favorite movies.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 pm
1. The Holiday
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
4. Iron Man
5. Sleeping Beauty
6. Sherlock Holmes
7. Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella
8. 27 Dresses
9. Made of Honor
10. Bringing Down The House  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:35 pm
Now for the codes assigned to each movie (if listed in the glossary):

1. VR
2. MC, YS, CA ((Half-Blood Prince wasn't listed, but all of the other HP movies had the same code, so I'm just going to go with those))
3. PM, CA
4. CA
5. VR, MC
6. CD
7. MC, YS, VR ((I just went with Cinderella for this one, since they didn't have the version I was looking for))
8. --- ((Does not exist in glossary))
9. --- ((Does not exist in glossary))
10. IO  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 pm
Determine which code appears the most often

VR: ---
MC: ---
YS: --
CA: ---
PM: -
CD: -
IO: -

So I have a tie between VR, MC, and CA.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games