Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22468 22469 22470 22471 22472 22473 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:20 pm

l-Kriel-l
Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
Why would an art college be so expensive? It's not like those degrees will do you any good outside of an art field, and as far as I know, those jobs aren't exactly easy to come by. confused

Shouldn't they charge more for educations that would come in handy no matter where you were employed, like business or computer skills or something?

User Image
1. College is way too expensive anyway.
2. I agree that it's overpriced
3. Commercial art is a HUGE industry. And I'm going into game design, meaning that if I am good enough to be a lead designer, I could be making around $200,000 a year.

tell me that is not a good deal

*highfive*
User Image
You'll still be paying off your student loans till you're 40. They're like a mortgage, you end up paying almost twice as much as you borrowed in the end 'cause of the interest.

So it's not as great a deal as it sounds.

User Image
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Regulust
Orphie
l-Kriel-l
Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
Why would an art college be so expensive? It's not like those degrees will do you any good outside of an art field, and as far as I know, those jobs aren't exactly easy to come by. confused

Shouldn't they charge more for educations that would come in handy no matter where you were employed, like business or computer skills or something?

User Image
3. Commercial art is a HUGE industry. And I'm going into game design, meaning that if I am good enough to be a lead designer, I could be making around $200,000 a year.

*highfive*
YESSSSSSSSS
i got a high five

that is not a good deal

I'm saying it is a good enough deal.

Congratulations Orphie. Good Luck.

-Dessynea-

Orphie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 pm

-Dessynea-
Orphie
-Dessynea-
Lady Psycho Sexy
-Dessynea-
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

A lot of art schools are expensive actually. I don't know why though. And they can be expensive to maintain too because a lot of them make you buy all your own supplies.
User Image
That's really ********' dumb. Postsecondary is a scam.

User Image

It really is, the amount I'm paying is ridiculous. But mine is a private university so...
So is the one I got accepted to. so more money to burn yaaay

At least there tend to be benefits when you pay a whole lot.

Edit: Though there is usually the issue of having to deal with spoiled rich kids all the time.
Nah, art students are so much fun. I went to a summer session for two weeks this last summer and I became close friends with some of these people and it was awesome. I'm pretty sure that quite a few of them are going back to this school, too. =)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Lady Psycho Sexy
l-Kriel-l
Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

*highfive*
User Image
You'll still be paying off your student loans till you're 40. They're like a mortgage, you end up paying almost twice as much as you borrowed in the end 'cause of the interest.

User Image

At the college I'm going to, the tuition by itself is 2k LESS than my high school even.
That's without books and room and s**t, which brings it up to about 11-13k.

We pay $7000 a year to send me to high school. >:[

l-Kriel-l

Orphie

Lady Psycho Sexy
l-Kriel-l
Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

*highfive*
User Image

So it's not as great a deal as it sounds.

User Image

Oh, I know. I'd rather go to college than not go, though. I really don't find the idea of working at McDonalds for the rest of my life very appealing.

So please stop trying to rain on my parade. =) I got into the school of my dreams and I am happy.

l-Kriel-l
Lady Psycho Sexy
l-Kriel-l
Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

*highfive*
User Image

User Image

At the college I'm going to, the tuition by itself is 2k LESS than my high school even.

User Image
You had to pay to go to high school? O_o'

@Orph: I'm happy for you, I'm just trying to make myself feel better about the fact that I'm going to be selling drugs my whole life. crying Congraturation, a winner is you.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Orphie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 pm

l-Kriel-l
Lady Psycho Sexy
l-Kriel-l
Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

*highfive*
User Image

User Image

Oh yeah, you're in some Catholic school. I'd rather go to a normal, public school without nuns.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Hehehe
C-TEC = 2 years of college free

Terara Drakon

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Orphie
Oh yeah, you're in some Catholic school. I'd rather go to a normal, public school without nuns.
User Image
They charge you money to go to Catholic school?

...Isn't that like, unchristian or something?

User Image

Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

@Orph: I'm happy for you, I'm just trying to make myself feel better about the fact that I'm going to be selling drugs my whole life. crying Congraturation, a winner is you.

User Image

): I sowwy. That sounds slightly worse than working at MccyD's forever, but at least you get to smell like pot and not like greasy food.

How about when I become some big shot game designer, I will buy pot from you for $10,000.

Orphie

l-Kriel-l

Lady Psycho Sexy
l-Kriel-l
Lady Psycho Sexy
l-Kriel-l
Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

*highfive*
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

YES.
I go to a private school. Catholic, at that.
But it's a college prep, so yeah.
Also public school was so easy I don't even remember doing any work before freshman year (except for 6th grade, god damn).

I would have preferred public, since it's free, not half an hour away, AND has a ******** creative writing class. AND a computer programming class. And isn't filled with rich assholes.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

): I sowwy. That sounds slightly worse than working at MccyD's forever, but at least you get to smell like pot and not like greasy food.

How about when I become some big shot game designer, I will buy pot from you for $10,000.

We...
are going to hang out.

l-Kriel-l

Orphie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 pm

l-Kriel-l
Lady Psycho Sexy
l-Kriel-l
Lady Psycho Sexy
l-Kriel-l

*highfive*
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

YES.
I go to a private school. Catholic, at that.
But it's a college prep, so yeah.
Also public school was so easy I don't even remember doing any work before freshman year (except for 6th grade, god damn).

I would have preferred public, since it's free, not half an hour away, AND has a ******** creative writing class. AND a computer programming class. And isn't filled with rich assholes.
I would hate that. So much. I'm not gonna lie.

Especially since I'm agnostic normally and atheist when confronted with someone religious.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:28 pm

l-Kriel-l
Orphie
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

We...
are going to hang out.
Why? Because I will make games or because I'm going to buy $10,000 pot?

Orphie

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:29 pm

HAH
TAKE THAT COLLEGE LOANS
FREE FOR FOUR YEARS
BITCHES

EDIT: Oh wow, that was totally on topic and I didn't mean to. :/
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22468 22469 22470 22471 22472 22473 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games