Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22471 22472 22473 22474 22475 22476 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Orphie
Wantcookie
-Dessynea-
Orphie
-Dessynea-

It helps to be poor, and write essays about how sucky your life has been (these don't have to be true).

I got my free ride on all scholarships and a Macbook Pro by being poor, having a shitty life, writing some essays, and doing a lot of volunteer work (good grades help too).
Alright, I got the poor factor, I've got the volunteer work, I've got the grades, I've got the smarts. Now all I need is a shitty life.

I'll just make up some bullshit about my father.

As long as it can't be proven false, go for it!

Fortunately (well, more unfortunately), I had a super shitty life so I didn't have to make stuff up.

Yeah, I can't really relate. My family is well-off enough that financial aid would only really give us about twenty bucks. The SATs were my only option.
Financial aid will hopefully give me a couple thousand. I hope. I'd really like it if it did.

In a way, you're lucky, because it takes off a little of the pressure of doing so well. I have to maintain a GPA of 3.75 or higher to keep this state scholarship up, and do it with an Engineering major, too, which is going to be hell.
And financial aid almost always gives quite a bit less than you expect, unfortunately.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Nomega
Wondering if you guys can do a bit of testing for me.
In an overall scheme to make money on gaia, I've been working on using flash on profiles.
Yeah, I've done it before, right? Not like this.
Making a profile for Sam, and this is what I've got so far.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/15120921 (on my profile currently)

So tell me guys, any suggestions?
Is everything centered? If not by how much?
Am I missing anything?
Constructive feedback appreciated.
I suggest putting some captions somewhere. Like under the links put small text for "Add friend" or "Send PM" and stuff like that. And change that box to something other than leopard. Leopard doesn't match the green.

Orphie

Terara Drakon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi guys. c:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Lady Psycho Sexy
Nomega
In an overall scheme to make money on gaia, I've been working on using flash on profiles.

Am I missing anything?
User Image
Looks good for me. How much would you charge for em?

User Image

I guess it depends on what the person wants and how much work it is, I guess.
For something like this... well I'm honestly not sure.
There are others who do this, and their prices are ridiculous. If you pay over 1 million gold for this you're simply getting ripped off.
I'd probably somewhere around 50,000 for something like this one, but it could go up or down significantly as time goes on.
Eh. >__>
What do you guys think for a price range?

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Orphie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Wantcookie
Orphie
Wantcookie
-Dessynea-
Orphie
-Dessynea-

It helps to be poor, and write essays about how sucky your life has been (these don't have to be true).

I got my free ride on all scholarships and a Macbook Pro by being poor, having a shitty life, writing some essays, and doing a lot of volunteer work (good grades help too).
Alright, I got the poor factor, I've got the volunteer work, I've got the grades, I've got the smarts. Now all I need is a shitty life.

I'll just make up some bullshit about my father.

As long as it can't be proven false, go for it!

Fortunately (well, more unfortunately), I had a super shitty life so I didn't have to make stuff up.

Yeah, I can't really relate. My family is well-off enough that financial aid would only really give us about twenty bucks. The SATs were my only option.
Financial aid will hopefully give me a couple thousand. I hope. I'd really like it if it did.

In a way, you're lucky, because it takes off a little of the pressure of doing so well. I have to maintain a GPA of 3.75 or higher to keep this state scholarship up, and do it with an Engineering major, too, which is going to be hell.
And financial aid almost always gives quite a bit less than you expect, unfortunately.
Yeahhhh. ): I figured.

but i can always hope
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Nomega
Lady Psycho Sexy
Nomega

Am I missing anything?
User Image
Looks good for me. How much would you charge for em?

User Image

I guess it depends on what the person wants and how much work it is, I guess.
For something like this... well I'm honestly not sure.
There are others who do this, and their prices are ridiculous. If you pay over 1 million gold for this you're simply getting ripped off.
I'd probably somewhere around 50,000 for something like this one, but it could go up or down significantly as time goes on.
Eh. >__>
What do you guys think for a price range?
Price should be relative to how much time it takes you and how much the buyer is asking of you. Maybe have a few basic setups for a smaller amount, and a completely custom profile for a higher price.

But 50k sounds pretty reasonable. 25-40k if they want something simpler, 75-100k if they want something more complex.

5ir Psycho 5exy

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:11 pm

User Image
LOL

I sold a Radio Jack doll for 300k more than what I bought it for in ten seconds

Man I hope I have more of these. rofl

User Image
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Wow my tank sucks. I need less meats and more monsters. :c

5ir Psycho 5exy

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
LOL

I sold a Radio Jack doll for 300k more than what I bought it for in ten seconds

Man I hope I have more of these. rofl

User Image

FFF--
Man, I wish I could Exchange like you. XD

EDIT: Hey you, you're glowing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Y'know, I find it quite laughable that my friend thinks I should be ashamed of myself for seeing the bad ending for Tales of Symphonia: DoTNW. Sometimes I sense a bit of fangirl in her.

Aren't we as gamers, entitled to see every facet of a game and explore every route?

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Don't drug dealers still pay taxes?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Ribbin
I think so. That, or they don't so that they don't get caught.

MaverickDrifter

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

digi734
Ribbin

Actually, the reason they DO pay taxes is so they don't get caught. Tax evasion on top of selling drugs is too many things to juggle.

I'm not an expert on taxes by any means, I barely understand them. But my Accounting professor was talking about it and said that drug dealers have to pay taxes on the revenue they make, he even has a couple clients that front a fake business to keep things on the downlow. That's why the Mom from Weeds has a bakery. =)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:33 pm

I forgot how much I love Yoshi's Story. Yo-Yo-Yoshi!

Al Torrenz

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Ribbin
digi734
Ribbin

Actually, the reason they DO pay taxes is so they don't get caught. Tax evasion on top of selling drugs is too many things to juggle.

I'm not an expert on taxes by any means, I barely understand them. But my Accounting professor was talking about it and said that drug dealers have to pay taxes on the revenue they make, he even has a couple clients that front a fake business to keep things on the downlow. That's why the Mom from Weeds has a bakery. =)
User Image
Yeah, I meant sales/business taxes, not personal income taxes. P: You can't get out of paying those. I did my dad's bookwork for a while and his company has to pay like, 10 grand to the government every year just to be able to run. neutral It's ********' stupid.

User Image
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22471 22472 22473 22474 22475 22476 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games