Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22472 22473 22474 22475 22476 22477 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Ribbin
digi734
Ribbin
Don't drug dealers still pay taxes?
I think so. That, or they don't so that they don't get caught.

Actually, the reason they DO pay taxes is so they don't get caught. Tax evasion on top of selling drugs is too many things to juggle.

I'm not an expert on taxes by any means, I barely understand them. But my Accounting professor was talking about it and said that drug dealers have to pay taxes on the revenue they make, he even has a couple clients that front a fake business to keep things on the downlow. That's why the Mom from Weeds has a bakery. =)
You know, that does make sense. It's bad enough to not pay taxes, but have them catch you with a factory's worth of drugs is just too much to handle.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 pm

TtheHero
Y'know, I find it quite laughable that my friend thinks I should be ashamed of myself for seeing the bad ending for Tales of Symphonia: DoTNW. Sometimes I sense a bit of fangirl in her.

Aren't we as gamers, entitled to see every facet of a game and explore every route?
User Image
I always get the bad ending on purpose at least once, and I am incredibly disappointed when it often turns out to be little more than an alternate Game Over.

I mean come on. CT's bad ending was ******** chilling. The last screen still gives me goosebumps.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Lady Psycho Sexy
Ribbin
digi734
Ribbin

Actually, the reason they DO pay taxes is so they don't get caught. Tax evasion on top of selling drugs is too many things to juggle.

I'm not an expert on taxes by any means, I barely understand them. But my Accounting professor was talking about it and said that drug dealers have to pay taxes on the revenue they make, he even has a couple clients that front a fake business to keep things on the downlow. That's why the Mom from Weeds has a bakery. =)
User Image
Yeah, I meant sales/business taxes, not personal income taxes. P: You can't get out of paying those. I did my dad's bookwork for a while and his company has to pay like, 10 grand to the government every year just to be able to run. neutral It's ********' stupid.

User Image

Ah, gotcha. Can you imagine charging GST and PST (Or HST now) on a deal? xD Epppic.

Also, I just left my Mom a message on her phone asking about drug dealers and taxes and making a fake business front to support it. I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea. 8D
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:40 pm

I was really mad at X-2's bad ending though. I had to stall for half a ******** hour for Vegnagun to finish powering up, and all you get is five seconds of aurora borealis on the calm lands and the game over fanfare. HALF AN HOUR FOR THAT? WTF IS THIS I DONT EVEN.

5ir Psycho 5exy

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Lady Psycho Sexy
TtheHero
Y'know, I find it quite laughable that my friend thinks I should be ashamed of myself for seeing the bad ending for Tales of Symphonia: DoTNW. Sometimes I sense a bit of fangirl in her.

Aren't we as gamers, entitled to see every facet of a game and explore every route?
User Image
I always get the bad ending on purpose at least once, and I am incredibly disappointed when it often turns out to be little more than an alternate Game Over.

User Image

This.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Ribbin
Lady Psycho Sexy
Ribbin
digi734
Ribbin

User Image
Yeah, I meant sales/business taxes, not personal income taxes. P: You can't get out of paying those. I did my dad's bookwork for a while and his company has to pay like, 10 grand to the government every year just to be able to run. neutral It's ********' stupid.

User Image

Ah, gotcha. Can you imagine charging GST and PST (Or HST now) on a deal? xD Epppic.

Also, I just left my Mom a message on her phone asking about drug dealers and taxes and making a fake business front to support it. I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea. 8D
"Hello police, I believe my son has drugs with him."

MaverickDrifter

Terara Drakon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 pm

There's never any conversations I can participate in in here. ; ;
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm

On the subject of alternate endings and game overs, I find it sorta funny how in MGS3 after you die, you can keep the Gamer Over screen idle and eventually the letters change to Time Paradox.

MaverickDrifter

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Terara Drakon
So like I was saying you guys.
Rawr spicecake J of the wind pet snake I'm a kitten meow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Nomega
Terara Drakon
You know me so well. :'3

Terara Drakon

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Nomega
Terara Drakon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Terara Drakon
Nomega
Terara Drakon
What else are friends for? xD

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

-Dessynea-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Terara Drakon

Hey you! Wylr has your Awesome guest strip planned. And sketched up. He is gonna try and upload it tonight.

Anyway, done studying. Now it is time for House watching.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:50 pm

User Image
The FF8 game over screen was my favorite. But the amount of times you could get it without even being in a battle was ridiculous. crying

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Terara Drakon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Nomega
Terara Drakon
Nomega
Terara Drakon
What else are friends for? xD
Hugs?

@ Dessy: Yey! : D
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22472 22473 22474 22475 22476 22477 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games