Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:32 pm
Wow . . . I am so lost.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:40 pm
But then again, that happens a lot.  

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Merri Mala

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:19 pm
AHHHHH gonk gonk gonk
I'm so sorry that I've been gone so long ;3;
-Gluggles everyone-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:08 pm
Mala! Would you like to continue with FE or what?  

Gale OverDrive

The Rogue Doll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:52 am
Yay! Tana's avatar doesn't hurt my eye's anymore.

I am having issues in one of my roleplays. I understand that people get things mixed up sometimes...but nobody in the roleplay seems to care what anyone else posted. Several of them even post outright that they never read and they just skim. It makes me so mad! I grabbed a person by the arm and dragged them to another room and a person still in the previous room posted that they hugged that character. REALLY LONG ARMS maybe? Also, people are walking straight into a gaurded and locked room...without even opening the door.

It makes me cry inside.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:30 am
The Rogue Doll
Yay! Tana's avatar doesn't hurt my eye's anymore.

I am having issues in one of my roleplays. I understand that people get things mixed up sometimes...but nobody in the roleplay seems to care what anyone else posted. Several of them even post outright that they never read and they just skim. It makes me so mad! I grabbed a person by the arm and dragged them to another room and a person still in the previous room posted that they hugged that character. REALLY LONG ARMS maybe? Also, people are walking straight into a gaurded and locked room...without even opening the door.

It makes me cry inside.

My main criticism of FE's beginning.

Tanakietsu

Trowa The Fearless

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:01 am
Well, if it isn't Maripol, back from her absence! *gluggles with an intensity equivalent to fifty gluggles*

Er, maybe fifty was a bit too much... *collapses*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:22 am
Actually Tana, when I was reading though FE at the time, I also missed the fact that the echoes reverberated everywhere. I think it was because it was embedded in the middle of a long, single paragraph, making it hard to pick out and i.d. as an important cue to react to, and my mental picture of the ruins looked a lot more open and I wouldn't think sound would carry as far. Plus, I'm sure many people aren't used to reacting just to sounds in rps (as opposed to dialog/physical interaction). But I'm also pretty sure I would've missed it if I was roleplaying then too. sweatdrop

However, everyone in FE was very quick to realize their errors and try to fix them. People admitting that they are reading posts and just skimming... well, that isn't good for a roleplay, especially if it happens consistently. The only time I skim is if I'm in a hurry and/or people in an entirely different area were having a long conversation. Usually I read up on them again when I have more time, so I see what story they're up to. :3  

Panpear

The Many Voices

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:09 am
Um, Hi, I'm the new girl *nervous wave*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:11 am
*gluggles waya achak* Welcome! *Does teh Welcome Dance*  

Electric Kool-Aid

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:15 am
I suppose I should have said "was". And not to be an a** or anything, but I mentioned it in more than one post, repeatedly. Fortunately it was picked up by Gale and mentioned to be ignored by others.

As for my "long, single paragraph" I would just like to say. Deal with it. Blocks of text are necessary when it comes to roleplaying (I feel). I simply detest, though I admit my own guilt in divulging once or twice, short sweet little posts that have no heart. If I am not allowed to write gigantic blocks of text, I will retire from roleplaying. End of story. It's not my fault that people lack the ambition to read what they claim they are "passionate" about. If someone doesn't have the time to fully incorporate what needs to be, post some other time so the story can move forward with more thorough posts.

I understand that imagining ruins is completely subjected to the person who is doing the imagining. However, it is general knowledge to know that hollowed and crumbling buildings. i.e. ruins, carry sound without fail, unless everything is made of stone or some imbecilic material. Moreover, I also understand that caves are generally awesome for carrying voices, and we're not in caves. But think about this, the sound from echoes at the Grand Canyon travels anywhere from nine to eighteen miles just getting from one side. Talk about open.

I'm sorry for ranting towards your post, I just felt a tad bit attacked. I, in no way, mean to insult or sound short. I'm just a bit cranky is all.

:3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:19 am
Waya is a good friend of mine, and I am glad to see her here! *gluggles like mad*

Hey EKA, hows things?

eek Wow Tana . . .  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:20 am
I was a little irritated.
:gonk'd: :'x *huggles Talon* But I'm better now!

EKA, you should check the I&S, I got a good kick out of it. :cute'd:

:3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:26 am
They're ok for now Talon. I'm supposed to go to Rocky Horror tonight with some friends but hte weather here seems to be conspiring against me. Hopefully it'll all work out.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:27 am
[...]

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games