Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:43 pm
Cat-Whiskers
I don't get out of school.... ever stare

Wanna join me? 3nodding
Well I graduated out of university then just when I thought I was free, one of my ex-professors approach me with a job offer.

Now I'm back at school... but working as a Research Associate. emo  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:20 pm
tamcharles
Heh... it's okay... I killed Sidious in an alternate universe Star Wars. They're my lines now. twisted

As for gmail, Google mail, for anyone who wants to sign up, please just email me with your Name and the fact you're from the ICU and I'll gladly send you a free invite.

My email is charles.tam@utoronto.ca wink

Gmail
"Gmail is a free, search-based webmail service that combines the best features of traditional email with Google's search technology. Gmail makes locating messages so easy that you'll never need to shuffle mail in your inbox again. Besides offering an entirely new way of reading and tracking messages, Gmail includes more than 2,500 megabytes of storage space - that's over two gigabytes. And on top of that, we'll keep giving you more space as we're able. Best of all, it's free."

]http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6554&topic=1546
You killed Sidious? rofl Sweet...  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:34 am
Oh, Gmail rocks, it's so much better than any other email.. I just archive all my emails and the replies are shown as conversations.. and whatnot..

@Sin - I'll get some on, I promise.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:45 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Oh, Gmail rocks, it's so much better than any other email.. I just archive all my emails and the replies are shown as conversations.. and whatnot..

@Sin - I'll get some on, I promise.

Hmm, I should get a Gmail account someday. Right now I have a family email account with our local broadband internet provider, my own hotmail account, and my university email account. These three accounts provide me with enough space at the moment and god knows how I'm supposed to do with 2 Gigs of webspace. xd But I'll definitely get Gmail if I move out of home.  

Minielf

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:32 am

Perhaps I shjould get one too.
    :/
    I'll get round to mailin Charles-san someday..
    Someday..

Niph
    Yay!
    :]
    Having fun with Simon lately?
    _______________.o0<3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:12 am
I use my gmail for everything, last I checked they have 20mb attachment limits so I use it file transfer between the lab and the office all the time. In fact I often do routine backups of document folders, just zip and attach using my gmail. 3nodding

You are currently using 861 MB (31%) of your 2743 MB.  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:39 am
I'll join...but I dunno what to name it >_<

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:11 am
7Sapphire8Dragon9
Consider something professional enough that you can use it on a resume. Since it's gmail its likely that you'll be keeping it for a while.  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:54 pm
I think your idea of backing up crucial documents and folders is something I'll definitely do once I get Gmail. I lost a whole lot of my novels and short stories when my old computer crashed and broke down and I had to buy a new one. I was only able to recover some of my written documents becaused I had posted most of them up here and on another website in extract form.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:19 pm
tamcharles
7Sapphire8Dragon9
Consider something professional enough that you can use it on a resume. Since it's gmail its likely that you'll be keeping it for a while.

Or you could always invite yourself again if you find what you thought of informal enough to use as you grow older.
    _______________.o0<3

xiiao-ai

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:53 pm
i have gmail... it's where i keep my music... if i bother to ever send it to myself lol.
anyways omg!! new emos!! and the new layout rocks!! I like it xd but more importantly new emos!! burning_eyes cheese_whine dramallama wahmbulance emo dunno what's up with the cheese though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:21 pm
lol, yalie is back. smile I don't even know what Gmail is. sweatdrop  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:35 pm
xXHotBabiBluXx
lol . i'm just taking a break, but gmail is google mail. it gives you 1 gig of memory and archives your mail. just go to google and search of gmail.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:44 pm
yalie5
xXHotBabiBluXx
lol . i'm just taking a break, but gmail is google mail. it gives you 1 gig of memory and archives your mail. just go to google and search of gmail.

Eh, I guess I'll continue to use MSN. sweatdrop I get emails, but I just delete the unimportant ones which there's alot.  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:50 pm
xXHotBabiBluXx
yalie5
xXHotBabiBluXx

Eh, I guess I'll continue to use MSN. sweatdrop I get emails, but I just delete the unimportant ones which there's alot.

lol. you should get gmail anyways, you might find it useful.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games