Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Dueling Arena ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kleptor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:52 pm
Brian looked at it eating his sandwich. He looked at the man and once again made a motion for another piece of paper. Taking out his mp3 player and looking through it carefully seeing the tones and track 99. He shivered. track 99 gave him nightmares still. he continued looking through it smiling a few times as he looked up every once in a while to check on the people that looked as if they were about to be slaughtered. Then he looked back at his mp3 player. When the paper arrived he asked for something peculiar. "Wooden spoons?" He scrawled in messy handwriting the P was backwards. He smiled and had it underlined handing it back to the man happily.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:01 pm
Oracle for Hire
"I guess those wizards will do for a warm up, I'm going in"

""Thats not a very good idea, you dont know what theyre capable of""

"Like thats stopped me before" [Jumps into the arena, landing on one the wizards and dragging him down, piling his head into the ground.]

"Heh, not much fight to these guys is there" [Runs up the wall and jumps off to attack another rider]

""Well, maybe this wont get to serious. If it does I can always bind him until he calms down""

((btw, those are lobster mages... like, actual normal-sized lobsters you could actually eat if you cooked them up... but they can cast random and destructive spells... and the salmon are normal-sized salmon flying around... and they have little sniper rifles they stash behind their fins that they can shoot people with. Jasae made them up. *nods*))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:22 pm
((up in the spectator stands...))
Andre handed Brian the paper and pen, then poured them each a glass of juice.
When the boy wrote 'Wooden spoons?' he looked confused.
"You want wooden spoons? Hm... I'm not sure if... well, there might be some in the kitchen."

((down in the basement...))
The monster wasn't at all happy to have received a cut on its back leg. Turning around now that it was in the room with more space to maneuver, the creature tossed its head and then tried to gouge Saito with a pair of oversized goat horns.
It was near the size and shape of a moose, covered in gray-brown reptilian skin. Every time it flared its nostrils and exhaled, there was a repeat of the sound like sneakers on a gym floor.
"It's a Yark!"
BillBob exclaimed.
Raul stood wide-eyed, holding his rapier in front of him and hoping the yark wouldn't come his way.

((montaro I'm not familiar with... never bothered much with MK))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Saito moved to the side quickly but he was grazed by the horn, he began to bleed because of the cut and also it seemed that the brute strength of the beast did some slight internal damage. "Damb it" he put both hands on his katana and moved forwards at it and slashed for its neck.  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

kleptor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:51 pm
Brain smiled and waited patiently for his wooden spoons seeing two of them set in front of him he picked them up with the left one he tapped it on the counter making a click noise. He then hopped off his stool still easing his sandwich and tapped the steel cylinder making a clanging noise. He then hit the cushion making a Poof noise. He frowned and continues to tap different parts of the counter getting different sounds each time. He grinned and then wrote on the paper Anything. Kitchen. Please. Need. He scribbled it furiously and handed it to him eagerly. He was exited tapping a spoon on the floor to get that noise. He tapped the spoon on the stools edge again starting a beat. "1...2...3...4...1...2...3...4..." The voice in his head began to play and his eyes suddenly became extremely intelligent, studious. Something invisible danced across his eyes. he began hitting other things which he had hit before quickly the result was astounding. Music... Good music, a little improvisatory for sure but it was quality, his arms seemed to flay wildly to hit all the points he needed to hit as the clanks, clicks, pangs, poofs, scrapes, and buzzes he made with the wooden sticks grew more and more complex his hands and arms working furiously, he began to pour sweat.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:07 pm
((in the basement...))
The yark growled wheezily as it was hit with Saito's sword. Its thick scaly hide was slashed open a bit and drew blood, but the cut didn't go much deeper than that due to the sheer toughness of the creature's skin. Rearing up, the yark flailed about a bit with its big heavy split hooves, trying to batter at the person in front of it.

((in the spectator stands above ground...))
Andre wasn't sure what to do. Obviously Brian was a bit of a musician, but Andre didn't think he would be so helpful going back and forth to the kitchen, it was a little ways inside the arena. Instead he went to a storage closet next to the room that had the controls for the holographics and the cameras. In the storage closet, he fished through the jumbles of old junk and pulled out a dead microphone with a severed bit of electrical cord dangling from it, a dusty plastic bucket, a raggy mop head with a broken handle, a creaky metal folding chair, a piece of cardboard with an old poster on one side of it, an extension cord, some rusty tin cans which he put into the bucket with the microphone and the mop head, and a bit of plastic tarp or something. Carrying everything back to where Brian was, he dumped the assortment of items onto one of the seats.
"Does this help?"
Brian had written 'anything', after all.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kleptor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:44 pm
Brian nodded eagerly tossing the wooden spoons aside and ripping the head off the broken mop using the sticks as longer extensions of his wooden spoons he set the cardboard between two chairs loving the "BOFF" sound it made wonderfully. Then he took the tin cans that were the same size and filled them with different amounts of water. he sat in the chair and put the bucket next to him. he concentrated and then thinking hard he began to hit everything once getting the exact tone before standing up from his instrument. He scribbled down on the paper "Teenage wasteland." Then sat down on the chair again and began much to the mans amazement re-creating the tune with extreme accuracy every symbol crash and note all from memory. He just couldn't provide the vocals to his masterpiece. It was at the point the atmosphere in the room changes to a light shade of purple, as if looking through it from the other side of a clear purple pane. he himself began to shimmer a bit with small gold flecks. He was recharging.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:17 pm
Andre waited until Brian was finished with his song, then commented:
"Gee, if the tournament were still on, I'd ask you to do a set in between battles."

((hey, remind me how old Brian is? When he first showed up you described him as being a little child, didn't you? Or is he an under-sized teen?))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kleptor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:12 am
((Brain is a smallish child somewhere between the ages of 8 and 10 he looks something like a smallish monk, he had a shaved head and deep grey eyes, He has a proficiency in all instruments, and has the ability to mentally turn music into powers which is why his MP3 player is a powerful weapon, I'll give you a hint. Disco makes him ablaze. Can you guess what other genres do? He's listed on my profiles section as Human?))  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:07 pm
Saito backed off but before he could he got slammed twice by the powerful hooves and was knocked back and hit the wall "Damb that hurts." he gritted his teeth slightly in pain as he looked down at his right arm witch looked broken and he slowly got up and then he held out his sword with his left hand, he then slid his left foot back.
((Stance for gatotsu))
User Image
He quickly then charged forward and when he got close enough he stepped forward with his left foot and then leaned in slightly on his left side and thrusted his sword at the middle of the beasts chest.  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

Oracle for Hire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:58 pm
[Standing in the arena surrounded by the downed lobsters] "Well hell, that was too easy. Isn't there anything else I can fight here?"

[[Flies down to meet him]] ""Well, I am sensing some fighting directly under us but I have no idea how to get down there.""

"Below us? Alright then."

[With a loud roar Michi releases the first seal and transforms, slamming a hole in the floor dropping him and Sachi to the next level.]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:38 pm
((kleptor: 'Disco Inferno/Fever'?? ^_^ Does one genre make him 'Blue'...??
I'd guess some more, but my cerebellum isn't quite up to thinking hard today.))

((down in the basements...))
Saito's attack fairly skewered the yark, but missed its heart by inches. Enraged, the monster whirled in a circle ((sj3, you decide whether Saito managed to pull his sword out first or not)) and kicked at its attacker with its hind legs. But a major artery had been damaged, and the yark was bleeding profusely. It wasn't likely to last a whole lot longer if it kept lashing out. It wheezed some more in its squeaky-tennis-shoe way, but the pitch was off and the creature was breathing hard.

((up in the spectator stands...))
Andre looked down into the arena to see two people smashing a hole in the ground.
"Lovely. Why couldn't they have just asked for directions to the stairs?
Now I have to find a contractor to repair the damage before we can hold the tournament...
after we get Christie back, of course."
So saying, Andre looked down at the holographic projection (not far from the hole in the ground) of the battle two levels below the arena, in the room with monster cages where Saito, Raul, and BillBob had run into the yark. It seemed the rescue mission might be tricky, but not so bad that they wouldn't be able to handle it.
Andre deliberated about leaving the arena, but decided against it. Going back into the storage closet, he fished out a phone directory and started flipping through it.

((one level below the main arena...))
Siachi and Michieru found themselves in the practice rooms. They could see various forms of exercise equipment, a number of beat-up target dummies, punching bags, mats for exercising and sparring, a plethora of weapons both of the practice variety and the full versions... but no fight. There was, however, the sound of some form of commotion wafting up from a stairwell behind an open doorway just outside the main entrance to the practice rooms, not too far off from where they had landed.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kleptor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:14 pm
Brian smiled at Andre again thinking of how wonderful it would be to preform professionally for a large number of people. He despised the thought of fighting but he had all the abilities to. He just needed a reason to use them. He loved the feeling of letting them out while listening to his music. the acrobatics and destruction but the thought of hurting someone else for pleasure made him wince alone. He felt like he had nowhere to fit in...

((They will get revealed bit by bit if you ask for them. New ones are constantly being recreated. I keep forgetting a genre and they all have strange effects. you'd have to ask for them specifically. And in character))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:46 am
((kleptor: I'll keep that in mind... for now, I don't think there's really any reason for Andre to be asking about them...))

((in the spectator stands above ground...))
Andre found what he was looking for in the phone book, and pulled a cell phone out of an inside jacket pocket. Dialing the number and listening for the ring, he asked Brian:
"Do you play real instruments, too?"

((two levels below the main arena...))
Raul cringed, hearing something like an explosion that sounded like it was just a floor above them.
BillBob taunted,
"Is there anything you don't freak out over? I swear, you're such a spaz."
Raul looked down at the boy.
"Think I'm a coward, don't you? I'll show you!"
And with that he rushed at the yark, doing an extremely poor job of attempting an attack similar to Saito's. Most likely, he was going to get himself seriously injured, or at least get in Saito's way.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Oracle for Hire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:11 pm
""Lets take these stairs""

[They head down to the next level to see the Yark]

"Now this is what I came here for! RRRAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!"

[Charges at the beast, through the 2 already fighting it, attempting to punch it in between the eyes]

((If somebody has a problem with my roleplaying, conatct me thru one of the instant messengers I have and ill try to work it out))  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games