Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Souijji

Lonely Mage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 pm
Garland-Green

Hi sue! Welcome! Psalms is very comforting. It is my grandmothers favorite part of the Bible too. Do you go to church?That I do. Looking for a weekly bible study place outside of it though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:58 pm
Souijji
Garland-Green

Hi sue! Welcome! Psalms is very comforting. It is my grandmothers favorite part of the Bible too. Do you go to church?
That I do. Looking for a weekly bible study place outside of it though.
Have you tried looking up a 'The Bible in a year' type email
service? That is how I got through the Bible the first time. smile
If you are looking for an in depth Bible study perhaps you have
a friend you can meet with once, or twice a week?
There could be people here also interested in participating in a Bible study with you.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Souijji

Lonely Mage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:02 pm
Garland-Green
I've made it through the bible several times. I am just looking for some outside, interactive opinion. More of a group type of thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:05 pm
Souijji
Garland-Green
I've made it through the bible several times. I am just looking for some outside, interactive opinion. More of a group type of thing.

Ah I see. ^^ I am sure you will come across someone.
If I may be so bold as to suggest a thread one of the crew just made:
DWELL - WEEK 1
It could be what you are looking for.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Souijji

Lonely Mage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:10 pm
Garland-Green
Ah I see. ^^ I am sure you will come across someone.
If I may be so bold as to suggest a thread one of the crew just made:
DWELL - WEEK 1
It could be what you are looking for.
Thanks. I'll check it out.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:39 pm
Garland-Green
The Wise Informer
Lolz, I've pressed the "D=" XD Any ways, I am The wise informer. I had not join this Guild. But I am here to say I am among my brothers and sister in their needs.

That is really great. Though you have not applied to be a member you
are welcome still. smile
isn't that the best hospitality X3  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

Aularen has quit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:57 pm
Garland-Green
Aularen
Hello everyone, just joined here. :3 My name's Sarah, I'm 20, and I've pretty much been saved almost as long as I can remember - since I was five.

1. Name your pets: Domino. He's my baby. heart He's half Maltese and half Shih-Tzu and he's five years old. He loves squeaky toys, cuddling, and people food.

2. List your favorite Bible verse: John 3:16, probably. Though there are a lot of great verses.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible: If I had to pick...Esther, Ecclesiastes, and Luke.

4. Your denomination/beliefs: I'm a Christian. I believe that Christianity isn't a religion, but a relationship with God. My church is Baptist.

5. The name of your country: USA

6. Your favorite color: Hrmmm...either seafoam green, purple, or TARDIS blue

7. Your occupation: Never been employed. I'm looking for a job now, though there really hasn't been all that much around here unfortunately.
Welcome to the guild Sarah! I liked the picture of your dog. Thank you for sharing. ^^ Ecclesiastes is rarely a part of the Bible I hear someone say is their favorite. So it makes me curious... Why is it on of your favorites?
Good luck with your job search. I am currently unemployed myself. Not much fun.

Thanks for the welcome. C: I like Ecclesiastes because it taught a lot of great lessons that I could relate to. Plus it stuck out to me for the fact that, unlike a lot of the other books, it doesn't just talk about sin being bad, but too much of a good thing as well, even something like wisdom. Lots of eye opening stuff that might not have even occurred to me in there. 3nodding And good luck to you as well with job-hunting.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm
Hello, on the forums you can call me Mixy.

For a simplified version about me. I have a 6 month old Labrador Retriever named Luka. I have been a Christian for about 7 years. I firmly believe that Jesus did fro us, and nothing will change my mind from that. I became a Christian at a bible camp while I was 13.

To be honest, I really haven't read enough of the bible enough in the last while...long while to come up with a verse I really like any more...I used to have one...then I realized that the meaning of the verse was completely different from what it actually was. I did however found Job comforting at one point in my lifetime. Right now I'm at a point where I just can't concentrate on reading when I want to. I'm not quite sure where to start again...the motivation isn't there...

I live in Canada...in the province that is hard to spell, easy to draw...

I am a fan of fall covers, burnt orange, but I have a liking for yellow.

I am currently a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor. I start school in the Winter to train and be a paramedic.

ChisaiMix

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:50 am
Glad to see new members here smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 am
Aquatic_blue
1. Name your pets
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
4. Your denomination/beliefs
5. The name of your country
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

1. I have no pets but I want a dog. I heard they were loyal and cuddly <3
2. 2 Timothy 1:7 This verse reminds me of God's power when I'm afraid to take a step.
3. Matthews :>
4. I'm a Christian so you could say I believe in God and His Word.
5. Philippines .u.
6. BLUE emotion_dowant
7. I'm a student. 10th Grade >u<
Thank you for accepting me into this guild!

Guez Whu

Ruthless Genius

11,725 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:51 am
Guez Whu
Aquatic_blue
1. Name your pets
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
4. Your denomination/beliefs
5. The name of your country
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

1. I have no pets but I want a dog. I heard they were loyal and cuddly <3
2. 2 Timothy 1:7 This verse reminds me of God's power when I'm afraid to take a step.
3. Matthews :>
4. I'm a Christian so you could say I believe in God and His Word.
5. Philippines .u.
6. BLUE emotion_dowant
7. I'm a student. 10th Grade >u<
Thank you for accepting me into this guild!

Welcome to the guild! We are glad to have you here.
If there is anything you need help with, don't hesitate to ask.
Browes around and see if you find anything you'd like, and jump right in
with your input, we don't mind. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:00 am
Mixy-Chan
Hello, on the forums you can call me Mixy.

For a simplified version about me. I have a 6 month old Labrador Retriever named Luka. I have been a Christian for about 7 years. I firmly believe that Jesus did fro us, and nothing will change my mind from that. I became a Christian at a bible camp while I was 13.

To be honest, I really haven't read enough of the bible enough in the last while...long while to come up with a verse I really like any more...I used to have one...then I realized that the meaning of the verse was completely different from what it actually was. I did however found Job comforting at one point in my lifetime. Right now I'm at a point where I just can't concentrate on reading when I want to. I'm not quite sure where to start again...the motivation isn't there...

I live in Canada...in the province that is hard to spell, easy to draw...

I am a fan of fall covers, burnt orange, but I have a liking for yellow.

I am currently a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor. I start school in the Winter to train and be a paramedic.

Hello, and welcome Mixy. Glad to have you with us. smile
What about a Bible audio book? It could be easier than reading yourself...
If you are interested BibleGateway have a few available:
Audio Bibles  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

User 32423819

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:15 am
My name is TruthPenguin and my bible is KJV. I live in the USA. My favorite color is blue. I am in college and do not have a job.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:09 am
Hello everyone. I joined this guild to ask questions about Christianity. I'm in the Bible belt so I probably have a negative idea of Christianity, but I'm hoping that can be resolved.

I am melancholy and a very deep thinker and can see beauty in living and dead things. Also, I love looking at "weird" art. It's fun for me biggrin

Well, if y'all want to know anything, just send me a message or quote me/  

MelancholyPoet

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:40 pm
CodieneCups
My name is TruthPenguin and my bible is KJV. I live in the USA. My favorite color is blue. I am in college and do not have a job.

Welcome to the guild! smile  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games