Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Random Chat Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:51 pm
GhoSt-X
whassup ?

Besides the fact it's super bright out, yet somehow frigid cold?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:52 am
life behind a glass window ?  

GhoSt-X

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:57 pm
GhoSt-X
life behind a glass window ?

Ahh. Is that where you currently reside?

And on an unrelated note: I would like to know what of effects would be good to give this picture a old-time, or Feudal Era look, and this one a futuristic look?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:59 am
Koiyuki

I would like to know what of effects would be good to give this picture a old-time, or Feudal Era look, and this one a futuristic look?

Well, you could sepia tone the first, and mock up some torn/worn edges as though it was a old printout. If you want it to still be color, you could try to mimic it as a woodblock.

For the new one, I would clone out anything around it - clean up the noise substantially. maybe blow out the background so it looks very minimal. Some motion blur going off the back corners might be interesting. It will be hard, your source isn't great.  

rogue_designer

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:14 am
rogue_designer
Koiyuki

I would like to know what of effects would be good to give this picture a old-time, or Feudal Era look, and this one a futuristic look?

Well, you could sepia tone the first, and mock up some torn/worn edges as though it was a old printout. If you want it to still be color, you could try to mimic it as a woodblock.

For the new one, I would clone out anything around it - clean up the noise substantially. maybe blow out the background so it looks very minimal. Some motion blur going off the back corners might be interesting. It will be hard, your source isn't great.

O.O *is still growing into the Photoshopper's skin* How would these steps be done, if I may ask?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:37 pm
Koiyuki
O.O *is still growing into the Photoshopper's skin* How would these steps be done, if I may ask?

aging:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11986414/ - photoshop action
and a preeety good tut about making photo look old:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/2229525/

[Edit:]this may prove helpfull in making the other one look new-ish... http://www.deviantart.com/view/17815208/

[Edit2:]was bored - did you have something like this in mind for the second one?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

if so i can say step by step what i done - as far as i remember and the way i did in corel paintshoppro, unfortunately there are some differences in way it has to be done in psp and ps... :/

Catani

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:24 am
Catani
Koiyuki

aging:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11986414/ - photoshop action
and a preeety good tut about making photo look old:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/2229525/

[Edit:]this may prove helpfull in making the other one look new-ish... http://www.deviantart.com/view/17815208/

[Edit2:]was bored - did you have something like this in mind for the second one?

if so i can say step by step what i done - as far as i remember and the way i did in corel paintshoppro, unfortunately there are some differences in way it has to be done in psp and ps... :/

*nods* I bit more futuristic, but I like it.

Edit: these pictures would be in the background of this art, with a portal of swirling light as the middle point  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:01 am

1. k first off i lightened and made the pic more contrasting using the curves
i used it two times - first to lighten and then to correct the contrast. (why not do it in one go? i just find it too hard not to overdo with the contrast doing it in one go)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1a. here is the lightening curve - moving a middle point to the top-left corner lightens the pic and moving it toward the left to left-bottom lightens the dark parts more

1b. this is a curve to make it more contrasting. i know it's barely visible - that's why i don't do both things at once - but there are two points in the corners which are offseted very slightly from the corner points as the small arrows show. it slightly tilts the curve - in the direction the arrows in the middle show - but has a very visible effect on the pic

both shapes are an aproximate not the exact ones...

2. Now i used a filter to remove most of the visible camera noise - it's called simply "digital camera noise removal" dunno what it's called in ps

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. . i used those settings but it left some noise on the sky but i dealt with that later

. 3a. now i used the color balance tool with those settings - in psp you set the original pics tint and temperature and the outcome one - but i set only the original pics settings

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.. 3b. i dunno how it works ps so here is my aproximate of what the setting should be when setting only the outcome temp and tint (i think it came out better than my original settings ^^;;; )

4. now i duplicated the layer i worked on and used gausian blur on it with the setting of radius to 3 and then setting the layer blending too saturation

5. now comes the most painstaiking part making a mask for the sky - you can try using the magic wand or the magnetic lasso but using only this gives mediocre effects when it comes down to masking semi transparent things - leaves on the right and some on the left. i don't know how good is using anti-alias on the magic wand and the lasso on the edges. - so the fastest way is to make a selection with the wand or the lasso make a new layer and fill it with white and then make the semi transparents and corrections with a brush - and then convert it to a mask.

(i know it sounds horrible ^^;;; )

6. i duplicated the blured layer applied the noise reduction too it with an about 70 setting and masked it so only the sky left visible and i set the layer to multiply

7. then i made another layer filled it with a gradient(tilted a little to the left) light-blue at the bottom and black at the top, used the same mask on it and set it to dodge

8. i duplicated the first blurred layer, set it in top and set it to screen - duplicated it again as it was still a little to little "shiny" and set the opacity of the second layer to 20%

and that's more or less the way i did it... i know i'm not the best at explaining so if something is unclear just ask - there are probably better, faster ways to do this, that's just the way i did it beeing bored... ^^

Catani

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:41 am
Catani

1. k first off i lightened and made the pic more contrasting using the curves
i used it two times - first to lighten and then to correct the contrast. (why not do it in one go? i just find it too hard not to overdo with the contrast doing it in one go)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1a. here is the lightening curve - moving a middle point to the top-left corner lightens the pic and moving it toward the left to left-bottom lightens the dark parts more

1b. this is a curve to make it more contrasting. i know it's barely visible - that's why i don't do both things at once - but there are two points in the corners which are offseted very slightly from the corner points as the small arrows show. it slightly tilts the curve - in the direction the arrows in the middle show - but has a very visible effect on the pic

both shapes are an aproximate not the exact ones...

2. Now i used a filter to remove most of the visible camera noise - it's called simply "digital camera noise removal" dunno what it's called in ps

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. . i used those settings but it left some noise on the sky but i dealt with that later

. 3a. now i used the color balance tool with those settings - in psp you set the original pics tint and temperature and the outcome one - but i set only the original pics settings

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.. 3b. i dunno how it works ps so here is my aproximate of what the setting should be when setting only the outcome temp and tint (i think it came out better than my original settings ^^;;; )

4. now i duplicated the layer i worked on and used gausian blur on it with the setting of radius to 3 and then setting the layer blending too saturation

5. now comes the most painstaiking part making a mask for the sky - you can try using the magic wand or the magnetic lasso but using only this gives mediocre effects when it comes down to masking semi transparent things - leaves on the right and some on the left. i don't know how good is using anti-alias on the magic wand and the lasso on the edges. - so the fastest way is to make a selection with the wand or the lasso make a new layer and fill it with white and then make the semi transparents and corrections with a brush - and then convert it to a mask.

(i know it sounds horrible ^^;;; )

6. i duplicated the blured layer applied the noise reduction too it with an about 70 setting and masked it so only the sky left visible and i set the layer to multiply

7. then i made another layer filled it with a gradient(tilted a little to the left) light-blue at the bottom and black at the top, used the same mask on it and set it to dodge

8. i duplicated the first blurred layer, set it in top and set it to screen - duplicated it again as it was still a little to little "shiny" and set the opacity of the second layer to 20%

and that's more or less the way i did it... i know i'm not the best at explaining so if something is unclear just ask - there are probably better, faster ways to do this, that's just the way i did it beeing bored... ^^

Thank you. I will be sure to put this to good use

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:10 pm
Grah! *stabs Cut and Paste Scripts*

I want make another account for another set of random images, but the site isn't takig any new members, due to technical difficulties.

Are there any other Hosted, free CGI sites out there, for Randosigs?  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Annimater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:39 pm
I'm from Georgia.
I have been to a lot of different states, though. I always miss GA when I'm gone, but I can never wait to leave.
My breakfast consisted of coffe and an oatmeal cream pie. What, it had oatmeal...in the name.
WHen I am sick the warm glow of my computer screen gives me warmth...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:51 am
I'm going tomorrowwwwwwww whee  

Chisa
Vice Captain

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:53 am
Hello hello how are you?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:03 pm
Please vote for me in the avatar arena!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/avatararena/index.php?mode=vote&postid=9045&key=56rgz6  

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items