Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2014 Circe's Trials: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:53 am
"As you wish..."

User Image
I made a phone holder out of the plushies for you!
Also I could not open the Day 25 of the advent calendar because that is for you to open.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:44 pm
"As you wish..."

"Tada!"

I grandly tug a fancy red cloth free to unveil the present that I have spent long laborious hours putting together. The sea demon head stares blankly from its new wooden backing, the trident shines with its own inner light and some Christmas lights twinkle merry where they tangles in the tines.

User Image
[I apologize for subjecting you to the scribble that a ten year old could do better but I wanted some sort of visual thing.]

"As you can see, my sweet, I have taken good use of that head and mounted it for you. Now we can put it over the fireplace or in the kitchen or maybe even the bathroom and it will forever remind you of me. The Immunity Idol is there too, if you ever need it. You don't want to lose that sort of thing."

This all seemed like a pretty good idea while I was hanging around in the hammock.

"You know, getting the brains and goopy bits out of that sea beastie was actually surprisingly. I wish you could have shared it with me."

Now as long as Neptune doesn't come looking for his trident, true love might just be on the cards.  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

shortcutt

Mega Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:42 am
"As you wish..."

My sweet, my beautiful disaster,
I present to you a gift that art may not master.
A combination of both live and still,
Something brought to you by the power of my will.
Creatures that dance and sway
To the rhythm of the waves, both night and day,
Though no hearts do they possess
So you cannot break them, I digress,
The Box Jelly's tentacles act as a veil
To protect the burning red Anenomes from an underwater gale,
Perched on their coral stems so white and so pure
Waiting for the lost melody of the Broken Carousel, I'm sure.
But the truest beauty of all
Rests in the bottom of this mirror bowl like a pristine glass ball
In a form reminiscent of the power you hold
To turn the waves from calm to brutally cold.
The moon, my sweet darling, I have fetched for you
I can see it in your eyes; It's reflected in mine, too.
So whether or not we were truly meant to be,
I shall leave you with this, so you may never forget about me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:20 am
Name: The Sea-Witch Ursula
Brief Character Bio: She is not inheirently bad or good, walking the line between the two to get what she wants. Often looking out for herself, she guises her deeds with the intent of doing good for others. Getting what she wants and then showing them the truth of what they have wanted for themselves.
Reply: "Certainly a wonder among the seas!"

Round 2: Treasure
Round 3: Story
Round 4: Present  

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:31 am
1. Nearly all the tea in China: FAILURE
All of the tea in China is an impossibility, a metaphor for when you need to prove intent and nothing more. Nearly all the tea in China would be a feat for any sailor to retire on- but you know as well as I there's no retirement from the sea... so I couldn't in good faith acquire it.

2. Remnants of the last Leviathan: FAILURE
They say that the Leviathan is a legend, a great beast of yore- and a lonely creature, for there's only ever the one, and perhaps he's long dead. But I can tell you that she's none of those things.

3. A fleece more useful than one of gold: SUCCESS
Jason is heralded for retrieving the golden fleece, but what use is gold as a fleece? It's scratchy and cold and far too heavy to be of any use. Had Medea been given the chance to be the hero, she would have retrieved a fleece much like this- warm and practical, good for keeping the North Wind's howling jaws at bay. Golden fleeces are impressive, but ask any witch- impressive only gets you so far in life. It's the basics you need, and so I chose this- a fine, warm fleece from a fine, warm sheep. It wasn't hard to get- I know many sheep farmers- but it should serve you well.

4. Sadie the Goat's leather-bound spyglass: FAILURE
As it turns out, when you ask a lady pirate famous for headbutting people before stealing their money for her favorite spyglass, she headbutts you. I woke up later with my pockets empty, but I suppose it could have been worse...

5. A stone from Scylla's rocky shoal: SUCCESS
Scylla and her sister are said to be monsters- until you look closely, and suddenly what were monsters at a distance are just forces of nature close up. Scylla is to be respected and revered, but feared? I think not. I plucked this stone from her as I passed by, carefully and quickly, not letting myself get caught.

6. What Charybdis never knew: SUCCESS
It's a riddle as much as anything, isn't it? What doesn't a whirlpool know about the sea- perhaps you'd care to take a guess at it? After whirlpools reach out for everything- they stop at nothing to get what they want. But one thing a whirlpool couldn't possibly know is calm water, and that was as easy to get as dipping it from a tide pool.

7. The fiery breath of the giant sea serpent: SUCCESS
Sea serpents are more than willing to breathe fire for you, whether you want them to or not. The one I found was particularly amenable to some light roasting. I hope you find it worth it.

8. A silken rope from Ching Shih herself: FAILURE
I asked and I asked, but she couldn't make time to see me; being the most successful female pirate of all time does take a toll on one's free time.

9. Anne Bonny's bonny bunny: FAILURE
Anne Bonny's bunny was truly bonny in the sense that it was the most beautiful rabbit I'd ever laid eyes on. With its twitching nose and its wiggling ears, it would make a lovely assistant for any magician- but then, you're more than just a magician, aren't you? You're an enchantress, and as such it would seem that this rabbit was inappropriate at best, insulting at worst. Creatures like you don't deal in illusion- you deal in the real and the effects of your creations are more than just a little prestidigitation.

10. The last book read by Mary Read: SUCCESS
Even pirates have limits to their flagrancy regarding the law, I suppose- I tracked this down through the library. It was about two hundred years overdue, and I had to acquire it faster than the library's own people. I hope it's good enough to be worth it.  
Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 100-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:32 am
1. Nearly all the tea in China: SUCCESS/FAILURE [success or failure as determined by your dice roll - delete as applicable after rolling]  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:34 am
1. Nearly all the tea in China: FAILURE

Rerolling because I accidentally a d100 and not a d20. (d100 screwup left in place so that you can see I'm not trying to hide anything.)  
Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 am
2. Remnants of the last Leviathan: FAILURE  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 am
3. A fleece more useful than one of gold: SUCCESS  
Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:44 am
4. Sadie the Goat's leather-bound spyglass: FAILURE  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:46 am
5. A stone from Scylla's rocky shoal: SUCCESS  
Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:49 am
6. What Charybdis never knew: SUCCESS  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:51 am
"I will do my best to take you back the best of the best treasures, of course. Cause there is certainly nothing else that the Sea Witch will require but the best of the best."

1. The Great Star of Africa: FAILURE
Quietly I sneak into where the staff holding the star is held... Or at least what I thought was quietly as every alarm in the place sets off and I have to dash away with my freedom if I want any chance of getting the other things!

2. The Orloff: FAILURE
Again I quietly made my way onto the premises where this jewel was held. Doing a backflip over some rather vicious looking doberman's, I realized half way through that I didn't know how to do a backflip and landed right on top of one.

3. The Centenary Diamond: FAILURE
This one was sure to be easy! I had already gotten myself into two highly secured places, what could possibly go wrong with this one! As I thought that... I stepped right in line with a motion dectetor... Set off every alarm in the place...

4. The Regent: FAILURE
This one seemed less secure than the others I'd gone after so far... Strange... And as I walked into the room that held the diamond, I saw where their entire security budget went!

5. Koh-i-Noor: FAILURE
This next diamond seems to be such a run around from the last one! It's so heavily guarded there is no way to get closer than next to the building!

6. The Idol's Eye: SUCCESS
Finally!! This diamond was a bit easier than the rest! The cameras were visible. There were no dogs. And the motion detectors were even easy to avoid! Yes!

7. The Taylor-Burton: SUCCESS
This one was much like the last! Maybe the rest will be just as easy as these last two! The Sea Witch will be pleased if the rest can be pulled off! Even if ten was the promised...

8. The Sancy: FAILURE
Dang... Right back to the same things as before... Lots of security and another tripped motion detector...

9. The Blue Hope: FAILURE
More dogs at this location... And these dogs aren't sleeping either... Makes being a cat owner rather hard...

10. Hortensia: SUCCESS
Finally! Another good break! This will be the third thing collected! Thankfully there really isn't much security here either... Or dogs... Dogs are the downfall of everything for sure...

"It's too bad that only three of the ten diamonds on the list were actually obtainable... I'm sorry that I wasn't able to collect them all! They would have been a good addition to your collections..."  
Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:53 am
7. The fiery breath of the giant sea serpent: SUCCESS  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:55 am
8. A silken rope from Ching Shih herself: FAILURE  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items