Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:43 pm
Yousei nodded to Miles's instructions, and looked back at her Nienna. She then lightly pulled up on the reigns, but before she could bring them back down, Mirasande had walked over to her.
After hearing the sad news that she and her sister would not be traveling together, Yousei merely nodded, knowing that she could not change their plans. She took the slip of paper that was given her, and read it over, before carefully tucking it into one of her many pockets. She watched her sister rejoin Luthien and walk onward. Yousei sighed, as she noticed their group's count steadily decreasing. First Camthalion.. Now, Mirasande and Luthien.... How will we make the journey if we're not going to be together to look out for one another..? she thought to herself, as she picked up the reigns once more and lightly snapped them against the creature's neck, all while gently kicking its sides. All of a sudden, the Nienna let out a peculiar cry and charged out into the desert. Yousei squealed at the sudden movement, and felt herself slide back in her seat. The creature carried her a great distance, before she could regain control by remembering a technique used with horses: pulling the reigns. The creature looked up at her, lazily, and stuck its tongue out once more. Yousei gasped for breath, looking back at the others and how far she had gone. She decided not to do that again, and to instead wait for Miles to catch up to her..

Karasu was rather annoyed with Witium, and refused to answer him, though it was not his fault, as she had been in this testy mood ever since their arrival on this dried up piece of land. Rather than answer him, she merely snorted with disapproval and walked onward to join her master.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:47 pm
Miles quickly caught up with Yousei, Sitting comfortably on the saddle as he came speeding up at her. He pulled quickly on the reigns, forcing the Niennas head and front end into the air, before releasing and allowing it back to the ground in a dead stop. "You'll get used to the speed" He laughed, "But even so, it will take a day or so to cross. Don't push the beast too hard."  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Mitsuharu Saito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:20 pm
Camthalion was a good few hours ahead of them by the time they got out to the dunes, but was struggling to get across. He was a quarter of the way to Eden, but a sandstorm was coming his way towards the port city. Slowly, he sat down as the sand whipped his face and already painful body, the bandages loosening from his disfigured body. This won't be good, he mused. Even though I am still fit, I can move another step. Not even will power or sheer luck will get me through this storm. I must warn the others of the upcoming sandstorm, or who knows what will happen. Maybe Yousei or Witum will hear me through telecommunication.

Conjuring what was left of his inner strength, he tried to find the location of Yousei and the company. After a few minutes, he found them. ~Yousei? Witum? If you are able to hear this, relax your mind and speak in thoughts.~  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:14 pm
Yousei watched Miles handle his Nienna effortlessly, and awkwardly smiled to him as he spoke. She nodded to his advice, and looked to the miles of sands ahead of them. The heat beat hard against her now, but the cloak on her back blocked it for the most part. She wondered how long it would take her to get used to this climate, if at all, when suddenly, Camthalion's voice entered her mind. His questions echoed all around her thoughts.
~Camthalion..? Is something wrong? Are you all right?~ she asked him, concerned.

Karasu had finally caught up to Yousei and Miles, and was still looking at the Niennas with disgust. Though, she was distracted as she saw Yousei looking into the distance with worry in her eyes. ~Is everything all right, Yousei..?~ she asked. The additional voice echoed in Yousei's mind, crossing paths with Camthalion's messages. Yousei nodded to Karasu, but continued to stare into the distance. Karasu sensed that she should refrain from saying anything further, and simply sat down beside her master.

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Mitsuharu Saito

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:57 am
~Good. Inform the company that a extremely bad sandstorm is approaching your direction and will meet you shortly. As of this moment, I am grounded under a cloak to keep myself protected. Make sure that the Nienna's are safe underneath something and stay low. Tell this to Miles; he would know what to do from here. I will meet with you all shortly.~  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:31 am
Yousei's eyes widened at the news. She turned to Miles, "There's a sandstorm coming. We need to get to a shelter.." Karasu looked out into the distance, and could see the clouds of sand swiftly moving toward them. She turned to Yousei, ~There is no time to lose.~ Yousei turned to look out at the wasteland and she too saw the storm rushing to meet them. Her Nienna gave a grunt of mild concern and shook its head. She pulled its reigns up to keep it from growing frantic, and looked back at Miles, the screeches and roars of the wind growing louder as it neared, "We need to leave!!" Karasu held her wings over Witium and narrowed her eyes as the sand began buffeting them.

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:00 pm
"Nowhere to go," Miles said simply, dismounting his Nienna. He pulled a small scroll from his pocket and unrolled it. Reading the scroll aloud, a blast of fire burst from his palm. He aimed his hand down towards the sand, crystalizing a small pile before stopping to add more sand ontop. "We need to build a wall" He called to Yousei, never stopping his cycle.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:40 pm
Yousei quickly slid off of her Nienna, as Miles had, and pulled out a brand new scroll. She held it out toward the sand in front of her and whispered a chant. The print on the scroll and her palm began glowing brightly (though this time, it had a bluish tint to it), and soon, a jet of water burst forth and dampened a thick line of sand before her. She then quickly piled it, and repeated this process until finally, she had created a small wall. As soon as she had finished, the sand was thickening before her, impairing her sight. She immediately lied down behind the wall, hoping that it would withstand the storm, as she pulled her hood down over her eyes. Karasu crouched down, digging her talons into the ground as best she could, all while holding her wings protectively over Witium as sand continued to buffet them. Yousei's Nienna lazily held its ground, its eyes narrowed.

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:10 pm
Miles completed crafting they crystalized wall and quickly got down behind it. Just as quickly, he pressed Yousei against the wall, covering them both with his cloak. "The Nienna can take care of themselves" He said simply. Just as he did, both lizards stood on their hind legs, diving head first at the sand and quickly burrowing under.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:14 pm
Witium layed agianst karasu's back and patted it, "Thanks Karasu, hopefully i can pay back the favor soon enough." He opened his eyes agianst and the darkness he saw with the wings covering him soon disappeared with the purple light shining from his eyes, "If i can get this foresight down so i can do it at a constant rate...then i can excel as a warrior." The elf was pretty much mumbling his words as he concentrated.
Witium thought to Camthalion to check up on him, ~"Don't fall from nature itself camthalion, it'd be a shame to lose a companion."~ He breathed in and out slowly while not blinking, trying to focus his mind more..."I'll get this foresight down..."  

kroska
Vice Captain

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:35 pm
EDIT:

Yousei was rather startled, as she felt Miles suddenly press her against his wall and cover them in his cloak. The wind howling above them nearly drowned out his words, though he was right beside her. She shut her eyes tightly as the storm swept over.
As quickly as it had arrived, the storm had passed. Yousei hesitantly lifted her head and looked out at the fresh sand laying over the desert. She then sat up and looked back to where the Niennas had buried themselves. Just as she had done so, her Nienna had begun digging its way out of the sand.

Karasu sat up as the storm passed and replied to Witium, ~Hopefully, you won't have to.~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:59 pm
Camthalion was in the heart of the storm now. With no protection against the ravaging storm, he laid hit body flat on the ground as the sand howled around him. His bandages were almost gone and hit burns were stinging him heavily. He didn't want to lose conciousness again like he did in the ocean battle, but he was beginning to fade. He had to think of something quickly. He tried to go over all the books he had read back in the Black Woode, but it was quite difficult. After moments of thinking and covering his now unbandaged face, he came up with a solution. Using his mind, he conjured up a shield around his body, a brilliant purple. The sand had stopped hitting him, able to move around freely without the painful feeling of sand slapping him in every direction. Standing upright, he began to walk into the storm, completely sand free.

As he began to walk, he heard Witum's voice in his thoughts. However, he couldn't respond. He was focusing on the purple shield around him to keep him safe. He had to get there before they did. Not just to prove he could still do stuff on his own at his age, but he needed to find something. Something that will make him even more powerful. Something that will reveal the destinies of everyone. He needed this. He desired it.  

Mitsuharu Saito

GreyZone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:09 pm
With his blade locked in a deathgrip in his right hand, Hile puled himself forward along the dunes with his left. He could barely make out movement just over this next dune, so he moved towards it. Having been knocked over by the wall of sand that had crashed into him, the force of the storm was too strong for him to stand again. At least, it was too strong as long as he held onto his sword. The sand was wearing away the skin on his right side as it hit him, gnawing at his flesh like thousands of tiny blades. But still he refused to give up his sword and take shelter. I'd rather lose my life than my dignity, he reminded himself.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:16 pm
Miles pushed himself off Yousei, standing as layers of sand fell from his clothing. He brushed himself off before inserting two curved fingers into his mouth and whisteling loudly. As he did this, the Nienna emerged from the sand as though it was water. He turned his attention back to Yousei, holding out his hand to help her up.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:20 pm
Witium used his sleeth to help dust off karasu some, "Ahh, much better. Your abck to origional splender karasu." He smiled some and sat back ontop of her. He closed his eyes agian, "So, are we on the march agian Miles?" His hands rested on the hilts of his swords as he awaited sound or movement to change. in the dry air.  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games