Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Same-Sex Marriage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Same-sex Marriage?
Yes for Same-sex Marriage
47%
 47%  [ 18 ]
Religion out of the Gov't Civil Unions for All
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Same-sex Civil Unions are Okay
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:09 am
BarryKlob
It's just not natural.

Nothing about humankind is natural. Think of things like the 'natural' color of someone's hair. You wouldn't judge them if they got it dyed or highlighted or something. You shouldn't judge people based on their sexual orientation, either.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:42 pm
I support same sex marriage and thats my stance on the issue.  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Kyo the III

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:59 pm
My opinion. Its gross and i don't want to see to men kissing. And to help out my friend BarryKlob who said "Its not Natural" Here his source. A little think called sex origins that work so well with the Opposite Gender.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:15 pm
Kyo the III
My opinion. Its gross and i don't want to see to men kissing.

But would you like to see 2 women kissing? Just asking.  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:09 pm
True, some men do find the idea of two women kissing appealing. Is that okay, but not two men? My opinion: if two people love each other, they should be aloud to love each other. Coming between that is coming between two people's personal relationship, and I don't believe the government has the right to do that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:05 pm
Darth_Akira72987
Kyo the III

nope its all just gross to me.  

Kyo the III

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 pm
Now to ask a question for people to consider: Isn't the right of people to engage in legally binding contracts with one another an important economically conservative principle? Doesn't opposition to gay marriage thwart the ability of some Americans to participate in a legally binding contract process? Isn't marriage, as far as government is concerned, mostly a form of contractual arrangement regarding the common usage of property and extension of economic and legal benefits and responsibilities?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:10 am
Kyo the III
Darth_Akira72987
Kyo the III

nope its all just gross to me.

I'm kinda surprised by that answer, but to each his own 3nodding  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

katieleeann123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:58 pm
well im not for same sex marriage, god didn't make homosexuals. its a choice. He gives us all a choice to be what we want to be and that's what they chose. and there is nothing holy about getting married to someone of the same sex, God made it so a man and a woman could have babies. why do you think two guys together cant have babies? cuz its not natural. same with a women. if God wanted it that way hed make it so they'd be able to reproduce. but they cant. I like gay people, i have no problem with them. but when someone tells me that its okay for them to be married.well ...thats when i have to say sumin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:15 pm
singingrules123
well im not for same sex marriage, god didn't make homosexuals. its a choice. He gives us all a choice to be what we want to be and that's what they chose. and there is nothing holy about getting married to someone of the same sex, God made it so a man and a woman could have babies. why do you think two guys together cant have babies? cuz its not natural. same with a women. if God wanted it that way hed make it so they'd be able to reproduce. but they cant. I like gay people, i have no problem with them. but when someone tells me that its okay for them to be married.well ...thats when i have to say sumin

It is NOT a choice. I have two friends (one of them my best friend) who are gay. Both would kill to be strait, and be accepted. My best friend was even born gay, he had a crush on a dude in kindergarten I remember. They have no idea why, but they are attracted to males the same way men and women are attracted to each other. And there are plenty of man/woman couples who never have children, or adopt instead. Most gay couples would adopt children.  

Captain Syrus Haley

Kyo the III

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm
if it was a genetic problem they would have meds for it. As i see it, its something that you let in and your mind gets addicted. Like with Drugs and coffee. Getting out of that mind set is a tough one.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:47 pm
But my best friend had a crush on another of my friends, also a boy, when he was in kindergarten. That was before he even knew what gay was! How could he have chosen it?  

Captain Syrus Haley

katieleeann123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Captain Syrus Haley
singingrules123

It is NOT a choice. I have two friends (one of them my best friend) who are gay. Both would kill to be strait, and be accepted. My best friend was even born gay, he had a crush on a dude in kindergarten I remember. They have no idea why, but they are attracted to males the same way men and women are attracted to each other. And there are plenty of man/woman couples who never have children, or adopt instead. Most gay couples would adopt children.

As i said, the reason why couples dont have children is because of a medical condition. And pple are not born gay. its a choice they make cuz they feel that way. if they wanted to marry a girl they could. they may not like it but its most definatly a choice. Everything we do, we do because we choose to. it takes a long time to try to be attracted to the opposite sex if your gay i'll give them that, but it is a choice  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:21 pm
singingrules123
Captain Syrus Haley
singingrules123

As i said, the reason why couples dont have children is because of a medical condition. And pple are not born gay. its a choice they make cuz they feel that way. if they wanted to marry a girl they could. they may not like it but its most definatly a choice. Everything we do, we do because we choose to. it takes a long time to try to be attracted to the opposite sex if your gay i'll give them that, but it is a choice

I have stated twice PROOF that it is not a choice. As to your point that they could still marry a girl, you're saying even if they don't like it, you'd still have them marry women? Didn't you just post in the WE THE PEOPLE forum that the government is taking away our rights? And yet, you would have the government take away specifically this right, simply it's because what YOU believe. As to the christian aspect of this, there are plenty more religions out there besides christianity. I too am a strong christian who goes to church every sunday, but I accept that we're going to have to share this country with those whose beliefs are not the same as ours. That is what makes America the land of the free.  

Captain Syrus Haley

TammiGirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:10 pm
singingrules123
well im not for same sex marriage, god didn't make homosexuals.

God didn't make the Constitution either, but I bet you don't have a problem with that. The Bible also says not to kill people, but I bet you're not in the anti-war movement either. Besides, who cares what God says. The supreme law of the land in the US is the Constitution, not the Bible. The Constitution has nothing saying you can't have same sex marriage. It does, however, have a section saying Congress can't create an official religion of the US. When you base law on the specific precepts of your own religion, you're using the legislative powers of the US to establish official religious doctrine. That's unconstitutional.

Quote:
its a choice. He gives us all a choice to be what we want to be and that's what they chose.

Says who? Did you choose to be American, or were you born here? Did you choose to be white, or were you born that way? Did you choose to be a woman, or were you born that way? It sounds to me like before you even took your first breath your nationality, native language, color, culture, and gender were chosen for you. Most scientific study is pointing to the idea that this is one more thing determined for you before you even enter this world. When in doubt, ask yourself this question "what day did I wake up and say 'you know, I'm going to be straight?'"

Quote:
and there is nothing holy about getting married to someone of the same sex,

Again, so what. Marriage is a legal institution in America. Holy is not a prerequisite. That's why you can be married by judges and ship captains.

Quote:
God made it so a man and a woman could have babies. why do you think two guys together cant have babies? cuz its not natural.

Styrofoam isn't natural either, but I bet you use that.

Quote:
same with a women. if God wanted it that way hed make it so they'd be able to reproduce. but they cant.

So women with endometriosis shouldn't be allowed to marry? Because they can't reproduce either.

Quote:
I like gay people, i have no problem with them. but when someone tells me that its okay for them to be married.well ...thats when i have to say sumin

It sounds to me like you do have a problem with them. I mean, if you heard someone say "I've got no problem with blacks, but when someone tells me they're gonna get married in MY church. . . that's when I have to say sumin" you'd probably come to the conclusion that this individual has a problem with blacks. And you'd be right. This individual does have a problem with blacks, and they're trying to feel better about it by denying it. You have a problem with gay people, and you're trying to deny that you do so you feel better about it.

Quote:
As i said, the reason why couples dont have children is because of a medical condition.

You didn't say that prior. There is no "As I said" to be said here. But, okay, medical condition = okay for non-procreative couples to marry. So, that means if homosexuality is scientifically proven to be a factor of birth (medical) rather than human agency (choice), then you'll support gay marriage, right? Or will you just decide that non-procreative couples shouldn't be allowed to marry?

Quote:
And pple are not born gay. its a choice they make cuz they feel that way.

You're missing the forest from the trees. If they feel that way, it's not a choice. It's an in-born feeling. Again, did you wake up one day and say "I think I'll be straight," or did you always feel straight?

Quote:
if they wanted to marry a girl they could. they may not like it but its most definatly a choice.

So, you feel sexuality is defined purely by action and not by inclination? Interesting. Tell me, are you a virgin? If you are you're not straight because you're not sleeping with a man like a straight woman would. You might not like doing it for religious reasons, but her, it's most definitely a choice. See the pitfall to your logic there? Even if you're not currently sleeping with a man, even if you are a virgin, you're probably pretty comfortable that you're straight. Same with being gay. You can be gay and still a virgin. You can be gay, not dating, and completely celibate. It's not an issue of the actions you take.

Quote:
Everything we do, we do because we choose to.

You choose to hiccup and sneeze? When the doctor wacks your knee with that rubber thing you choose to kick your leg? You choose to fall asleep and choose to wake up? Some things we do are reflexive. We have no control over them. Next time you're sitting in math class and one of your classmates is embarrassed to go to the board and solve a problem, ask him if he chose to get an embarrassing erection at that moment.

Quote:
it takes a long time to try to be attracted to the opposite sex if your gay i'll give them that, but it is a choice

So, wait, if being gay is a choice, how does it have intrinsic identity and characteristics. In other words, how can you say "you're not born gay, it's a choice" and then say "if you are gay" and then list challenges it poses? By your argument, gay is an on off thing like a switch. That's what choice is. Choice is "hmm, blue jeans or khakis, I'll go with khakis." Then tomorrow you go with blue jeans. By nature of your argument, you are conceding that being gay is a state of being, not a choice.

Basically, it boils down to this. You have no real argument to say you're not born gay, you just want to shove your religious values down everyone's throat, whether they are part of your religion or not. Who the hell are you to say that gay Hindus, Buddhists, and Atheists can't get married because your Christian Bible says it's a sin? Remember, the Constitution says Congress can't make your religion the official one.

Kyo the III
if it was a genetic problem they would have meds for it.

Really? Because club foot is a genetic problem and they don't have meds for that. Same with Down syndrome. They also don't have meds that will give you blonde hair and blue eyes if you have brown hair and brown eyes. Looks to me like not all genetic factors in your life have pills that will turn them around.

Quote:
As i see it, its something that you let in and your mind gets addicted. Like with Drugs and coffee. Getting out of that mind set is a tough one.

Really. So, you mean that it would be possible to turn YOU gay? I mean if you let your guard down, and we give you a bit of the old power of suggestion, you actually believe that it would be possible for you to get addicted to homosexuality? Because, you see, it's been verified in test after test, if we start shooting you up with heroin, you will get addicted to heroin. If we have you repeatedly have gay sex, do you believe you would be attracted to men?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff