Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:56 pm
..."There is a part of [Tan-kun] I can't help but to envy" (The Name of the Rose - movie!)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:59 pm
See previous post for edited in information that you asked for.

o: I'm enviable? Awesome.

*loves Sui*

x3

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:00 pm
Aw! I'm sure they'll fall in love with each other! If Tan-kun chose her, it's because she's a good woman whee

EDIT: I found the actual quote from the movie (which I LOVE, by the way)

Ubertino, to William: Farewell William. You're mad and arrogant. But I love you and I'll never cease to pray for you.
to Adso: Goodbye, dear child. Try not to learn too many bad
examples from your master. He thinks too much. Relying always on the deductions of his head. Instead of trusting in the
prophetic capacities of his heart. Learn to mortify your intelligence. Weep over the wounds of our Lord. Oh, and do throw away those books! (as he's being carried away to hide from the evil Inquisitor_

William: There is a side of Ubertino that I truly envy.

Ubertino, still being carried away: Remember, fear the last trumpet, my friends. The next will fall from the sky. And then will come a thousand...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:03 pm
More like, she chose me. :shock'd:
Now that I think about it, I just wanted to see where it goes - I initially didn't think it'd go as far as it has gone. But here we are, she's already moved in and we sold off her old apartment.

x3

Tanakietsu

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 pm
Oh! Before I forget (something else)! I was thinking about you earlier today, Sui. A friend and I were talking and he used the verb "ardere" which means "to blaze". I giggled and thought of you and Kyou.

Feel honored.

Spiffy quote setting. Sounds really awesome movie.

x3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 pm
Have you seen The Name of the Rose, Dom? It's something...  

xXSuimitsuXx

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:10 pm
No, I haven't - though it sounds really good just from that dialog. :3nod'd:

x3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:11 pm
Oh, sweet! I get a thought out of the Gaian world! 3nodding  

xXSuimitsuXx

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:13 pm
It was originally a book. By an Italian, actually! Umberto Eco. I tried to read it a while ago but it confused the ******** out of me... Have to try again; now that I've read Nietzsche, nothing can affect me xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:17 pm
We Italians are fantastic authors. You should read more Italian literature, if you don't mind the food festivals! :cute'd:

Affanculo! "Morte e tassa!" Even in Italy...I hate the Man.

3x

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:19 pm
There's actually a scene in the movie... do you mind me telling you or would you like to watch it yourself? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:20 pm
I'd really love to watch it on my own, but if you feel you must, feel free! :whee'd:

Rose smells of her mother. I think I'll recommend a bath when she wakes up! :3nod'd:

x3

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:25 pm
I hope she didn't grow too much...

Well it's just really about the concept of the scene. The whole movie has a gloomy, cold and blue atmosphere to it.... except for this one scene which has warm colours and feel; it's set in a kitchen and there's a whole 15seconds+ at the end of it which is just a zoom in on soup... I found it very...human  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:28 pm
Sounds quite exceptional.

Actually, I picked up an American anthology not too long ago: The Moral Life: An Introductory Reader in Ethics and Literature. It's quite advanced, I find myself next to the Italo/English dictionary some of the time. But it's actually really fascinating. I picked it up for some light reading and I can't seem to put it down. Literary excerpts and analytical essays. It's rather phenomenal.

:3nod'd: Perhaps when I'm finished with this anthology I'll watch the movie.

She's definitely grown, the little scamp. x3 But I love her even more for it.

x3

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:31 pm
whee Take good care of her! Before too long she'll be sneaking out of the house and smoking drugs in her room when you're not there! gonk  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games