Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23087 23088 23089 23090 23091 23092 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Let's not forget that the voice actor for Meowth had to be changed, seeing as well... the original one... he/she died, mmm-hmm.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Another Plot Twist: In Windwaker, the boat talks.

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Meta_Fish
Would eight year-old LoA have known what a riceball was? I didn't. I still wouldn't if it hadn't been for anime like Pokemon. They may have called it a donut a few times but they corrected it eventually.

oh no not my japanese culture whatever will i do while watching this cartoon made for children

Right, because triangle-shaped "donuts" actually exist. It just feels now that 4Kids thinks kids are stupid enough to believe everything they tell them.

4Kids shouldn't edit out Japanese nods because by leaving them in, kids learn about a different culture. True, sometimes americanization is a necessary evil, but retarded edits such as that were a little unnecessary.

Oh, and when you say "corrected eventually," I REALLY hope you don't mean that episode where Todd appears when Brock actually calls them riceballs. That was only because he was shown actually making them and the 4Kids editors couldn't find any way of covering that up.

Oh and even when I was 8, I thought the whole "donut" thing was a little...Farfetch'd. (Sorry, couldn't resist...xD)

Meta_Fish
Yes, change the Japanese writer's plans in order to change the American version of their anime.

Okay, I'll admit, that was a stupid reason for wanting them gone.

Maybe it's because I'm getting sick of seeing them being useless.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:25 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:25 pm

TtheHero
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It looks like both of them are running at him for a hug XD.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Plot Twist # 3: Samus has...a v****a.

Sir Codin

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:35 pm

I would pay real money to see someone try to beat the Elite Four in any pokemon game... with nothing but Sunkern.

(fun fact: Sunkern has the lowest base stat total of any pokemon)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:38 pm

God, Team Fortress 2 just refuses to start up.

Sir Codin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Lord of Armageddon
Right, because triangle-shaped "donuts" actually exist. It just feels now that 4Kids thinks kids are stupid enough to believe everything they tell them.

4Kids shouldn't edit out Japanese nods because by leaving them in, kids learn about a different culture. True, sometimes americanization is a necessary evil, but retarded edits such as that were a little unnecessary.

Oh, and when you say "corrected eventually," I REALLY hope you don't mean that episode where Todd appears when Brock actually calls them riceballs. That was only because he was shown actually making them and the 4Kids editors couldn't find any way of covering that up.

Oh and even when I was 8, I thought the whole "donut" thing was a little...Farfetch'd. (Sorry, couldn't resist...xD)

Okay, I'll admit, that was a stupid reason for wanting them gone.

Maybe it's because I'm getting sick of seeing them being useless.
Granted, no one really thought they were donuts, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

If 4Kids had wanted to cover it up, they would and could have. They could have cut that whole part out or cut the episode if they'd really wanted.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:47 pm

The great rice ball coverup. 4kids had a conspiracy to hide Japan XD. "There's no such thing as japan! The ******** a daimyo?"

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Owwin
The great rice ball coverup. 4kids had a conspiracy to hide Japan XD. "There's no such thing as japan! The ******** a daimyo?"
xd

THIS CARTOON IS FROM AMERICA
LOOK
SANDWICH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Meta_Fish
Owwin
xd

THIS CARTOON IS FROM AMERICA
LOOK
SANDWICH
Sadly that is almost what they were doing XD

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Does anyone here use PayPal? I just got paid by another site and wanted to know how to get the money onto my actual bank account. They're linked but do I send it somehow?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Meta_Fish
Does anyone here use PayPal? I just got paid by another site and wanted to know how to get the money onto my actual bank account. They're linked but do I send it somehow?
I have no idea. Go check your balance. XD

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Owwin
Meta_Fish
I have no idea. Go check your balance. XD
I did, but it's not there. xd
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23087 23088 23089 23090 23091 23092 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games