Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23095 23096 23097 23098 23099 23100 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:49 pm

I discovered I cannot play TF2 wile buzzed. =.=

EDIT: Or spell
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 pm

I seriously didn't realize the difference between Phys Atk and Spec Atk until about a week ago. I though Spec Atk referred to a pokemons type attack. Like Ampharos' Thunder. Elec and Elec. Not this move is categorized as special and your Spec Atk is...

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 pm

biggrin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 pm

I am really excited for the new season of Glee.

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm

o no kaf is talkn bout a tv shw evry1 die

lol am i doin it rite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:18 pm

l-Kathulu-l
I seriously didn't realize the difference between Phys Atk and Spec Atk until about a week ago. I though Spec Atk referred to a pokemons type attack. Like Ampharos' Thunder. Elec and Elec. Not this move is categorized as special and your Spec Atk is...

Physical moves depend on how well a Pokemon's Attack stat is.
Special moves depend on how well a Pokemon's Sp. Attack stat is.

Here's an example:

Alakazam has two Psychic moves...Psycho Cut and Psychic. If it weren't for the phys/spec move split in gen 4, both of those moves would've relied on his Sp. Attack.

But each attack is now assigned specifically to be physical, special, or support. Psycho Cut is a physical move and Psychic is a Special move. So Psycho Cut relies on Attack and Psychic relies on Sp. Attack.

Alakazam's Attack stat is very, very low compared to his Sp. Attack stat. Therefore, Psychic will be much more useful than Psycho Cut, because it relies on an offensive stat Alakazam specializes in.

Gyarados on the other hand can learn Waterfall and Surf. Even though Surf has a higher base power, Waterfall will be much more usefull with Gyarados. That is because, as a result of the move split, Waterfall became a physical attack and Surf became a special attack. Gyarados' Attack stat far outclasses it's Sp. Attack stat, making Waterfall the better choice.

Sir Codin

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Lord of Armageddon
l-Kathulu-l

Here's an example:

Alakazam has two Psychic moves...Psycho Cut and Psychic. If it weren't for the phys/spec move split in gen 4, both of those moves would've relied on his Sp. Attack.

But each attack is now assigned specifically to be physical, special, or support. Psycho Cut is a physical move and Psychic is a Special move. So Psycho Cut relies on Attack and Psychic relies on Sp. Attack.

Alakazam's Attack stat is very, very low compared to his Sp. Attack stat. Therefore, Psychic will be much more useful than Psycho Cut, because it relies on an offensive stat Alakazam specializes in.

Gyarados on the other hand can learn Waterfall and Surf. Even though Surf has a higher base power, Waterfall will be much more usefull with Gyarados. That is because, as a result of the move split, Waterfall became a physical attack and Surf became a special attack. Gyarados' Attack stat far outclasses it's Sp. Attack stat, making Waterfall the better choice.
I got the difference. My brother actually used the Gyarados example, those two moves too. Now my Ampharos rapes with Discharge rather than Thunderpunch. I was more of a strategist though, I beat Clair with a Croconaw.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:36 pm

l-Kathulu-l
Lord of Armageddon
l-Kathulu-l

Here's an example:

I got the difference. My brother actually used the Gyarados example, those two moves too. Now my Ampharos rapes with Discharge rather than Thunderpunch. I was more of a strategist though, I beat Clair with a Croconaw.

Exactly.

And that's what I love about Gen 4. The move split makes you think more carefully about what your 'mon's moveset should be and if paves the way to create a lot more interesting movesets than you could in past generations.

Of course, there are some problems that come with it though. For one, Typhlosion won't kick as much a** with Thunderpunch as it could in Gen 2 due to his Attack stat being mediocre compared to his Sp. Attack stat.

Sir Codin

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Mmmmmmmmmm.... Chinese Food. =w=
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Regulust

You brought me some?

Hooray! *eats some of your food*

blaugh

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:52 pm

J of The Wind
Regulust

You brought me some?

blaugh

scream *jumps on head and bites ear*

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Regulust
J of The Wind
Regulust

You brought me some?

blaugh

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GAAAH! OH GOD! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OOOOFF!!! gonk

*flails*

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:58 pm

J of The Wind
Regulust
J of The Wind
Regulust

You brought me some?

blaugh

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*flails*

*jumps off*

これは私の料理です!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Regulust
J of The Wind
Regulust
J of The Wind
Regulust

You brought me some?

blaugh

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*flails*

*jumps off*

これは私の料理です!

._.

Wh- Does anyone have a translator?

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:03 pm

J of The Wind
Regulust
J of The Wind
Regulust
J of The Wind
Regulust

You brought me some?

blaugh

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*flails*

*jumps off*

これは私の料理です!

._.

Wh- Does anyone have a translator?

Would you rather me put the romanized version?
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23095 23096 23097 23098 23099 23100 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games