Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:04 pm

I barely understand what Kitty just said,
    And then Charles-san has to go and say something even more confusing.
    emo

Yalie & MLN
    Welcome back~

Sapphire
    You guys got cups and plaques??
    We only got a plaque if we won a sport thing!
    The rest of us got frigging little certificates.
    >.>

You could always try to stop your brother from joining Gaia if you really don't want him to.
    _______________.o0<3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:53 pm

tamcharles
Cat-Whiskers
Minielf
I think your idea of backing up crucial documents and folders is something I'll definitely do once I get Gmail. I lost a whole lot of my novels and short stories when my old computer crashed and broke down and I had to buy a new one. I was only able to recover some of my written documents becaused I had posted most of them up here and on another website in extract form.

Not a good idea. If you read the ToS when registering for Gmail you will come to realize that they possess the right to access any and all emails recieved and sent on your account for the usage of "marketing research" purposes... essentially boiled down to "we owe all your sh*t and we can do whatever we want with it and laugh at you with our insanely huge group of lawyers and you can't really do anything about it" kind of thing. Yeah... stare

Continuing... anyone like sunshine? I like sunshine... haven't seen it for quite some time... still, I like it 3nodding

While that's true... that's why I encourage the use of encryption. Simple ZIP followed by RAR (with two levels of basic encryption) can do the job.

Or... go the hardcore approach and DES or 3DES it. razz

Meh, I don't really care if the Gmail guys access the documents I place into storage as I don't intend to publish them for at least another year or so. But I will take your advice Charles and zip it and then encrypt it using Win RAR.

Minielf

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:07 pm

no point in zipping it then raring it confused They can crack that easily... now... MD5 hash... yeah that just MIGHT work eek
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:53 pm

snowboardingbabe101
@ Yalie You mean spent instead of spended. sorry but sometimes im a grammar freak. My friends become annoyed with me. But i have toned it down to only the most obvious mistakes. For example the ones when spoken aloud sound comepletely incorrect.

I, too, have gmail. I have had gmail for a long time and i enjoy the google talk and the freedom of keeping any and every email I want.

no that was babi. my grammar isn't that bad lol.

yalie5

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:08 pm

Cat-Whiskers
no point in zipping it then raring it confused They can crack that easily... now... MD5 hash... yeah that just MIGHT work eek

MD5 must be a pretty powerful encryption tool. But I don't see any reason to zip up and encrypt my novel documents and short stories if I place them onto Gmail.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:30 pm

yalie5
snowboardingbabe101
@ Yalie You mean spent instead of spended. sorry but sometimes im a grammar freak. My friends become annoyed with me. But i have toned it down to only the most obvious mistakes. For example the ones when spoken aloud sound comepletely incorrect.

I, too, have gmail. I have had gmail for a long time and i enjoy the google talk and the freedom of keeping any and every email I want.

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:36 pm

xXHotBabiBluXx
yalie5
snowboardingbabe101

that was an insult... stare
@mini: why don't you just copy them on to a disk, or a jump drive if you're so worried about them stealing your stuff?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:47 pm

yalie5
xXHotBabiBluXx
yalie5
snowboardingbabe101

@mini: why don't you just copy them on to a disk, or a jump drive if you're so worried about them stealing your stuff?

lol, I really don't care though. razz

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:52 pm

yalie5
xXHotBabiBluXx
yalie5
snowboardingbabe101

I'm not, and I've already copied a lot of my documents onto my USB drive. Kitty's just trying to scaremonger me and anyone else not to use Gmail. xd
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:18 pm

Well I do the encryption this in RAR because Gmail can be picky about the content of ZIP files (it seems they can see inside if there are *.exe's present) -- but not for RAR.

Also, Gmail is available anywhere there's an internet connection. Perfect for working on that lab report, essay, short-story, or what-have-you from home, office, parents house, school, lab, etc. razz Not to mention the added security of Gmail being run by contract server farms! biggrin

Anyways, I'm not trying to push anyone one way or the other into getting gmail but I do find it helps so much. I have over 800Mb of email and data in my account. I have all my emails forwarding to that account, with over 20 filters and 15 categories. Google lets me send emails *as if* I was sending from another account while the reply email goes right into my gmail. So, even if you don't quite want to get it... at least you have all the facts. biggrin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:01 pm

Yalie's back eh? Oh well... rolleyes

Europe's interesting, in Florence, Italy at the moment. Tis cool. Theres a shop called Pando!? 3nodding

Um anyways, having fun, talk to you guys later. =)

@Niph: Your avi art will be finished like in 2-3 weeks? sweatdrop
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:12 pm

Toki seems to be having fun...
But so did I, today! =D
I went to the beach (Felixstowe) with my activities group on train, we went off to the arcades...I spent £2 on trying to grab a pj eeyore on the grabbing machines, yet I failed -_-;; Someone from my year got a pj Heffalump so easily... plus she won a bagpuss plushie an a Lil Bitain toy and a few otheres as well stare (she must be lucky today)
I also spent £2 on rock candy ^_^;; (2 colourful tall swirly ones and 4 medium sized sticks) Can't resist the sugary taste! >_< But I feel lumpy bits at the back of my throat gonk

Babi - its only done in our pirmary school 3nodding I think er are the only school in the whole world to do that trophy/plaque/dish thingy xp

Sin - he will join, since he knows there is a pokemo/yu gi oh guild around ninja

` T a p i o c a `

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:48 pm

7Sapphire8Dragon9
Toki seems to be having fun...
But so did I, today! =D
I went to the beach (Felixstowe) with my activities group on train, we went off to the arcades...I spent £2 on trying to grab a pj eeyore on the grabbing machines, yet I failed -_-;; Someone from my year got a pj Heffalump so easily... plus she won a bagpuss plushie an a Lil Bitain toy and a few otheres as well stare (she must be lucky today)
I also spent £2 on rock candy ^_^;; (2 colourful tall swirly ones and 4 medium sized sticks) Can't resist the sugary taste! >_< But I feel lumpy bits at the back of my throat gonk

Babi - its only done in our pirmary school 3nodding I think er are the only school in the whole world to do that trophy/plaque/dish thingy xp

Sin - he will join, since he knows there is a pokemo/yu gi oh guild around ninja

Aw, so lucky. whee
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:58 pm

Tokioka
Yalie's back eh? Oh well... rolleyes

Europe's interesting, in Florence, Italy at the moment. Tis cool. Theres a shop called Pando!? 3nodding

Um anyways, having fun, talk to you guys later. =)

@Niph: Your avi art will be finished like in 2-3 weeks? sweatdrop

Ah you're in Florence right now. Such is the life of a European jetsetter. xd

Minielf

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:33 am

I hate inlfation ¬_¬
When I started quest a few months ago it was 164K and now its 270K stare
I'm starting to think it is impossible for me to get the ninja head band since the price gets higher every week and the lack of donators to my quest.
So I have planned to carry on my quest for ninja head band, however, when the price hits 300K I will give up quest and move on! mad
So who thinks this is a good idea?
Any suggestions?
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games