Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23102 23103 23104 23105 23106 23107 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:42 pm

"I'm Commander Shephard and this is my favorite Gym in Johto."
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Dino Pakkun
At least in Mario and Zelda they update the graphics and the gameplay. Pokemon is still basically in 2D (oh wow the buildings stick out a little bit) and plays almost exactly the same as it always has. And even that wouldn't be that big a deal if they updated the graphics, even just for the battles. The fact that they are still using 2D images of pokemon in battles is kind of ridiculous.
Considering there are 500 Pokemon now, and there are about ten different sprites per Pokemon, it's not that ridiculous. The Pokemon games are using a high capacity of the DS's capabilities.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:46 pm

a picture of a wild link appears

go mario!

a picture of mario's back pops up

mario use jump!

the mario sprite moves up. it looks like a jump kind of

the link sprite moves backwards a little. it's supposed to look like he was hit

it's super effective! take my word for it
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Meta_Fish
Lord of Armageddon
Maybe let different developers put their own twists into game franchises.

I wonder how the next Pokemon games would turn out if they were developed by BioWare?
I think they'd at least get rid of the standard formula, if nothing else.

I would love to see other developers take the reigns of popular Nintendo franchises sometimes.

As long as they don't do what Phillips did with Mario/Zelda, eh?

Although... I would like to see if as a throwback they'd put at least a Morshu look-alike/reference in the next Zelda game, just to see how fans react.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Meta_Fish
Dino Pakkun
At least in Mario and Zelda they update the graphics and the gameplay. Pokemon is still basically in 2D (oh wow the buildings stick out a little bit) and plays almost exactly the same as it always has. And even that wouldn't be that big a deal if they updated the graphics, even just for the battles. The fact that they are still using 2D images of pokemon in battles is kind of ridiculous.
Considering there are 500 Pokemon now, and there are about ten different sprites per Pokemon, it's not that ridiculous. The Pokemon games are using a high capacity of the DS's capabilities.

The title screen for HGSS uses pretty good 3D graphics, damn near Gamecube graphics.

Maybe they should've slated Black and White for the 3DS. Sounds like the graphical capabilities for that handheld are going to be pretty strong. Maybe they would be strong enough to make the Pokemon handhelds transit to full 3D.

I still think they need to introduce trainer classes and benefits/balances for your team depending on which trainer class you choose.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:50 pm

I actually like the sprites.

Meta_Fish
Captain

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Hmm, good job erasing my data SS. I sure enjoyed that.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Meta_Fish
I actually like the sprites.

I do too, but I'd be interested to see the handhelds transit to 3D and play sort of in the way Colosseum did.

Maybe there are going to be changes like everyone seems to want, we'll just have to wait and see.

Sir Codin

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Meta_Fish
Dino Pakkun

Oh, I didn't think about that. Well then it is ridiculous that there are 500 pokemon now. That is too much. XD
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Waynebrizzle
a picture of a wild link appears

go mario!

a picture of mario's back pops up

mario use jump!

the mario sprite moves up. it looks like a jump kind of

the link sprite moves backwards a little. it's supposed to look like he was hit

it's super effective! take my word for it

XD

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Dino Pakkun
Meta_Fish
Dino Pakkun

Oh, I didn't think about that. Well then it is ridiculous that there are 500 pokemon now. That is too much. XD
They knew you could catch and name at least 135, so they upped the 'mon count to make it seem near impossible. So you WANT to buy the games to catch 'em all.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:01 pm

I buy the games because I still find them to be an entertaining way to kill time.

On another note, what would happen if...Silicon Knights made the next Mario game?

Mushroom Kingdom: Sanity's Requiem

Mario: "Princess-a Peach! I found-a you at last! Now come with-a me!

Peach: "I'm afraid I can't do that Mario..."

*slices up Mario while singing "Daisy Bell"*

*FLASH*

Mario: "THIS...CAN'T...BE-A...HAPPENING!!!!"

Sir Codin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:07 pm

I'm just mad because they were promising something more action oriented. Seriously? Do those guys know what action is?

And to be honest, I don't really care about the sprites, but we're in 2010, and it's definitely possible to at least make them move. The pictures were okay when we were just on the gameboy (Crystal had moving sprites, btw), but the DS carts can carry a lot.

I mean, in a way, I can't blame them. They're probably afraid to change the formula because it sells so well. People still eat pokemon up.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:07 pm

digi734
Dino Pakkun
Meta_Fish
Dino Pakkun

They knew you could catch and name at least 135, so they upped the 'mon count to make it seem near impossible. So you WANT to buy the games to catch 'em all.

No, I really don't.

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Dino Pakkun
digi734
Dino Pakkun
Meta_Fish
Dino Pakkun

No, I really don't.
You broke the spell. You win a free cake.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23102 23103 23104 23105 23106 23107 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games