Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23122 23123 23124 23125 23126 23127 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 am

I think someone posted something about hoping for the best for the Poles, but it was in the spam can, and thus, didn't matter.

You can't get these guys to post outside of the Spam Can... And why would I post it?

I know pretty much Zip about Poland.

I am totally assuming you're talking about Poland.

It could be about sports for all I know...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:45 am

[Kegan]
I think someone posted something about hoping for the best for the Poles, but it was in the spam can, and thus, didn't matter.

You can't get these guys to post outside of the Spam Can... And why would I post it?

I know pretty much Zip about Poland.

I am totally assuming you're talking about Poland.

It could be about sports for all I know...
It's the Poland thing, yeah.

It's just a devastating blow to their country. For the US, the equivalent is Obama, his wife, Biden, his Joint Chiefs, Hilary Clinton, half of our highest ranked military officers,and a whole bunch of other officials, including two prominent opposition leaders (for this example let's assume Palin and Huckabee) all dying at once.

Allegro

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:49 am

Devastating for Poland, but on the world stage, Poland isn't like a superstar, so it gets... well, Not played down, but simply... un-played.

I don't believe we have any Polish Culties... But I can imagine that this will cause quite a bit of turmoil in Poland, and that whole tightly woven European fabric.

There will definitely be some repercussions, hopefully not the least of which will be that people will start shipping their politicians separately(Perhaps the construction of some sort of super efficient politician transporting maglev monorail)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:52 am

I just think we get swept up in the body counts sometimes.

Indonesia wasn't a world player, but because of the sheer number of deaths from the Tsunami that hit there, we all paid attention.

These 96 deaths are no less devastating to a country.

Allegro

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 am

It's even harder for Poland, because they JUST became a democracy after the Soviets folded. To see what they'd earned through suffering vanish in a cloud of smoke is just heart breaking.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:00 am

I think that they'll pull it together. If America is any model, The good political minds are rarely ever the ones in the front. I think that perhaps a tragedy such as this make way for new growth... hopefully good growth. We live in an educated age... people are still intrinsically dumb, though.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:05 am

[Kegan]
I think that they'll pull it together. If America is any model, The good political minds are rarely ever the ones in the front. I think that perhaps a tragedy such as this make way for new growth... hopefully good growth. We live in an educated age... people are still intrinsically dumb, though.
I know they'll pull together, but I just feel like there's a double standard going around. If ANYTHING like this happened to the US (or any other country), people would be offended that nobody was paying attention to their mourning.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:12 am

I believe that sense of entitlement is tied to our national image as center of the universe. To our north is a land that is relatively culturally identical, with similar(ish) origins, and to our south is a country we crippled purposefully because we needed the cash(See: Mexico's failed industrial revolution)

Whom most of the US believes to be full of the uneducated and third world. That's hardly the case.

Compliant ignorance is like, in the handbook for people in world power posistions, or something. We live immersed in our own culture, and therefor, believe it is the only one.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm sorry, but I didn't know about the Poland thing until you guys brought it up.

*searches Google*

s**t...the President, his wife, top level Polish military, head of national security, deputy foreign minister, civil rights commissioner and many other political leaders. That is a crushing blow...and right on the way to a ceremony commemorating a historical tragedy.

I can't say I give my prayers, because I'm no longer into that sort of thing, but I will wish their loved ones and the rest of Poland well.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:58 pm

[Kegan]
I believe that sense of entitlement is tied to our national image as center of the universe. To our north is a land that is relatively culturally identical, with similar(ish) origins, and to our south is a country we crippled purposefully because we needed the cash(See: Mexico's failed industrial revolution)

Whom most of the US believes to be full of the uneducated and third world. That's hardly the case.

Compliant ignorance is like, in the handbook for people in world power posistions, or something. We live immersed in our own culture, and therefor, believe it is the only one.

This right here is one of the things that pisses me off about America. Especially the bolded part.

It's pure nationalism (ultranationalism for those who don't believe in George Orwell's definition of nationalism) as far as I'm concerned. I hate nationalism.

Sir Codin

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Super Cheesio
I just ate doritos in salsa sauce and mozzarella cheese. Still only 6 stone. It's a kind of magic.

Did you call it salsa sauce?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Enchaladidos

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Regulust
Super Cheesio
I just ate doritos in salsa sauce and mozzarella cheese. Still only 6 stone. It's a kind of magic.

Did you call it salsa sauce?
I do believe he did.

@J- Those cause heart failures sir.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:06 pm

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:06 pm

J of The Wind
Enchaladidos

Cochineridades?
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23122 23123 23124 23125 23126 23127 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games