Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23152 23153 23154 23155 23156 23157 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Lord of Armageddon
I keep telling my sis, "Stop listening to your rap and pop s**t on my Zune account" and she claims she's not even logging onto it. Then again, she's using the very same computer that I used to have where I first made the account.

Either it's just the computer and not the account, or she's lying to me through her teeth.

She's listening to all sorts of crap lately...Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift...mainstream stuff I wouldn't touch with an 80 foot pole.
I don't think you have to be mainsteam to get a feelin' THAT TONIGHT'S GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT!

TONIGHT'S GONNA BE A GOOD-GOOD NIGHT!

Anyway, listening to music noone cares about doesn't make you any better than them. There are simply a lot more small time bands, and once you tap into a genre that agrees with you everything else will seem shitty.

I get asked if I listen to obscure s**t because I think it makes me sophisticated, and ya know what? It's because people go around using phrases like "mainstream crap" about the music they listen to.

Sure, it might suck, but there's no reason to act stuck up.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:12 pm

[Kegan]
Lord of Armageddon
I keep telling my sis, "Stop listening to your rap and pop s**t on my Zune account" and she claims she's not even logging onto it. Then again, she's using the very same computer that I used to have where I first made the account.

Either it's just the computer and not the account, or she's lying to me through her teeth.

She's listening to all sorts of crap lately...Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift...mainstream stuff I wouldn't touch with an 80 foot pole.
I don't think you have to be mainsteam to get a feelin' THAT TONIGHT'S GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT!

TONIGHT'S GONNA BE A GOOD-GOOD NIGHT!

Some guy on Fox News actually once called the Black Eyed Peas a "rock band."

I lol'd and facepalmed at the same time.

Sir Codin

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:14 pm

I ADDED MORE TO MY POST. ******** YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

And I actually do hate that song... until I realized everyone did, and reciting lines from it became funny.

Then it became my favorite black eyed peas song.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 pm

[Kegan]
I ADDED MORE TO MY POST. ******** YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

And I actually do hate that song... until I realized everyone did, and reciting lines from it became funny.

Then it became my favorite black eyed peas song.
The only Black Eyed Peas songs I can stand were the one's that were used in the console version of The Urbz: Sims in the City...and even then I can only listen to the versions of those songs that have the lyrics in Simlish. After a while, they get kinda catchy. xd

Sir Codin

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 pm

You know what the difference between a metal head and a hipster is?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 pm

I've been on a GTA binge, lately.

Don't know why, I just am.

Sir Codin

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:20 pm

[Kegan]
You know what the difference between a metal head and a hipster is?

Metal has more guitar solos. LOL.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 pm

My response was going to be, "Neither do I,that would be a silly thing to spend time thinking about." and then you went and answered.

You ********.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:22 pm

[Kegan]
My response was going to be, "Neither do I,that would be a silly thing to spend time thinking about." and then you went and answered.

You ******** class="clear">

It's true, though.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:23 pm

I kinda like some main stream music. Muse is pretty good. Plus they based an album off 1984.

EDIT;Back in the time of early grunge and punk everybody wished their favorite band would become mainstream so they could get rich and make more albums.

Owwin

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Owwin
I kinda like some main stream music. Muse is pretty good. Plus they based an album off 1984.

I don't remember Muse being all that mainstream in the U.S. until Supermassive Blackhole appeared in the Twilight movie.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:27 pm

Lord of Armageddon
Owwin

I don't remember Muse being all that mainstream until Supermassive Blackhole appeared in the Twilight movie.

Then again, I live in America.

They've always been Mainstream.

SBH being on Twilight just boosted their popularity.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Like, everyone is familiar with that part of "time is running out"

Anyway, I didn't much care for them until Black Holes and Revelations, which was released like 2 years before the Twilight movie.

I think you're getting your concept of mainstream mixed up with your hipster notions of "selling out."
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm with Owwin.

Not all mainstream stuff is bad, but I'm mostly talking about mainstream rap and pop here.

@Kegan: You calling me a hipster?

Sir Codin

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Sure.

I'm simply not making the distinction anymore.

I'm sure that judging hipsters makes me some kind of hipster, but you know what? I don't ******** care.

Suck it hipsters. This is how it's done.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23152 23153 23154 23155 23156 23157 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games