Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaxul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:51 pm
I go to the AT on some slow days in the rest of gaia, to rate, and maybe be rated by some people.

Clothes are very opver-rated.

Gimme the link to that test!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:28 pm
Falathrim
So guys, whatever happened to that guild wide reading of the Silmarillion?

It got killed for me when my teachers decided that every night I should get loads of homework *rolls eyes* And the fact that I have to read my novel an hour each night for English.

So I don't have the time to randomly read parts of the Silmarillion. Trying to get through HoME now, and then I have to read a novel for a book report. No idea what I'm going to read for that.  

Zurgi

Zurgi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:19 pm
Woot, just did a "Which OS Are You?" quiz. I'm Debian Linux. Mwahaha!

User Image

Teh Quizzeh  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:27 pm
Zurgi
Woot, just did a "Which OS Are You?" quiz. I'm Debian Linux. Mwahaha!

User Image

Teh Quizzeh

I got Windows XP. xp  

Khorkalba

Zurgi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:35 pm
Haha, Windows XP xd My brother got HP-UX, his two friends who tried it got OS2 and Windows 95. I laugh at them.

I like my Linux *pets*

Although, I've never used Debian. I've used Suse and Red Hat though 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:36 pm
I got Win98. >/ Hmpf. I was hoping for 95. Damn I have alot of memories with Win95.  

Caeleste

curumo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:30 pm
Daang. Windows 98. That sucks.

The homepage for the Geek Test  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:32 pm
Zurgi
Falathrim
So guys, whatever happened to that guild wide reading of the Silmarillion?

It got killed for me when my teachers decided that every night I should get loads of homework *rolls eyes* And the fact that I have to read my novel an hour each night for English.

So I don't have the time to randomly read parts of the Silmarillion. Trying to get through HoME now, and then I have to read a novel for a book report. No idea what I'm going to read for that.

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm bitching at you, Zurgi, because I'm not trying to, but that's a crappy excuse. I'm reading no less than 4 novels right now:

The Tin Drum: 589 pages, due next Wednesday
Axiomatic: ~200 pages, due in two weeks
Moby d**k: freaking huge, which I have to present on and write a 2500 word paper on for sometime in early March
Riddley Walker: 215 pages of sentences like "No soonerd that head stop talking nor there come a jynt wave it wer like a wall of water hyer nor a mountin."; due in two weeks.

Plus I have 11 hours of class per week, and I work 20+ hours over the days I don't have class. And I'm not even counting all the random presentations and papers that I have to do from week to week.

On Wednesdays, I sit down at my computer after being at school from 10-6 (not counting the 40 minute drive there and back) and read or skim over the assigned Sil chapter. I type out whatever comes into my head. It takes less than an hour. One of my comments I typed out while hungover and sleep deprived.

If I can do it, anyone can do it. Especially since you've already read it. You don't need to reread thoroughly if you don't have time. You don't need to comment long huge things like Falathrim and I often do. A couple of sentences would be just fine.

I apologize for that if I sounded harsh. I really do. I'm a little stressed out right now. This isn't just directed at Zurgi. It's not that I don't believe you or think you guys are less busy than me, but it's really not a difficult thing to make time for. Finally, it just makes me happy to read others' comments. That's all. Again, my apologies.

Edit: Woo, 1600th post.

And I got 25.64013% on the Geek Test. Without cheating. Much.  

Nimbrethil

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:55 pm
curumo

I got 5.32544% - Poser sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:20 pm
curumo

I got 42.20907% - Major Geek

Hmmm...  

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

Onoj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:27 pm
I took the OS test and I was Windows 98! ********' test.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:37 pm
I was debating whether or not to read the Sil in Trig/flex today, but sleeping won instead. whee

*takes quizzes*
I think I've done the Geek one before.

Windows 95. xd I never had 95, I went right from 3.1 to ME. I have such the luck.

21.10454% - Geek.
whee
Nice.  

Melian

Gornwen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:34 pm
oO... quizzieness...

src="http://www.bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2003/01/os_quiz/palm.jpg" image_too_big="300" image_too_big="90"
border="0" alt="You are Palm OS. Punctual, straightforward and very useful. Your mother wants you to do more with your life like your cousin Wince, but you're happy with who you are.">

I scored 41.something%. Major Geek.

Laughs, I kept meaning to post something in the Silmarillion thread... but I'm lazy... okay, sad, I know.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:36 pm
I was a Windows XP. yay. lol

Geekness: Super Geek: 45.36489%
I dont know whether to be proud or ashamed... sweatdrop  

zylaxidia

Imyavie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:30 pm
16.17357-Geek
There is still hope then ^^

Oh oh who's seen this? (Homestarrunner fans)

Peasant's Quest Trailer  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games