Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
~CT's Brawl Guide~ on hold. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadBlasta

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:04 pm
I LOVE Kirby!! I also usually play with Meta Knight, Marth, Pit, Wolf, or Zelda. I also like to use Snake and Toon Link. They all are awesome characters!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:21 pm
MysticRose28
I LOVE Kirby!! I also usually play with Meta Knight, Marth, Pit, Wolf, or Zelda. I also like to use Snake and Toon Link. They all are awesome characters!

*underlined characters indicate high grade spam*
*bolded characters indicate that they are meta knight*

I pretty much main jigglypuff, but I like Kirby too actually.

I like how you can block some Final smashes with rock, then go taunt "HI" the rest of it's duration.  

Rhed King

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:37 am
I hadn't thought of using the rock, it would be very entertaining to do too. Heehee.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:04 pm
Also I hate to say it but this guide is kinda misguided about jigglypuff. Nuetral air is in no way a bad move, Jigglypuff has a terrible ground game, Up air is the worst of her air attacks, Forward air and Backwards air are not at all the same, Rollout is only good on Wifi (it's ok In real life but use sparingly). In addition Pound ranks as one of the most broken/incredible moves in the game, sing is near unusable on the ground, and her smashes are actually quite slow and generally inferior to her tilt attacks. Her throws are incredible, and her grab range is stupefying.

I'd trust this guide for the rest of the characters though cause I'm not very knowledgeable on the other characters.

Please don't get me wrong this isn't at all a bad guide but the jigglypuff section could use some work.  

Rhed King

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 pm
I'm looking forward to the Donkey Kong guide. He's my favorite character. Good work.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:20 pm
Rhed King
Also I hate to say it but this guide is kinda misguided about jigglypuff. Nuetral air is in no way a bad move, Jigglypuff has a terrible ground game, Up air is the worst of her air attacks, Forward air and Backwards air are not at all the same, Rollout is only good on Wifi (it's ok In real life but use sparingly). In addition Pound ranks as one of the most broken/incredible moves in the game, sing is near unusable on the ground, and her smashes are actually quite slow and generally inferior to her tilt attacks. Her throws are incredible, and her grab range is stupefying.

I'd trust this guide for the rest of the characters though cause I'm not very knowledgeable on the other characters.

Please don't get me wrong this isn't at all a bad guide but the jigglypuff section could use some work.

Well, my way of using Jiggles differs from yours. I'm not contradicting you, but my ways are using Jiggles are different than yours.  

otawara

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 am
Yar, one must always keep in mind that their playing style may differ from one who is writing a guide, just like game reviews.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:19 am
Someone forgot to talk about wavebouncing with Ness/Lucas~~  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Delta Machine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 am
HOOHOO WAVEBOUNCING.

You Forward B in the direction you do not want to launch the Forward B, then immediately smash the stick in the opposite direction.

It only works in midair.

EDIT: Wavebouncing is GCN Controller only.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:27 am
Minase Iori
HOOHOO WAVEBOUNCING.

You Forward B in the direction you do not want to launch the Forward B, then immediately smash the stick in the opposite direction.

It only works in midair.

This. But she told me you have to change some controls~~  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Delta Machine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:47 am
The Rawk Hawk
Minase Iori
HOOHOO WAVEBOUNCING.

It only works in midair.

This. But she told me you have to change some controls~~

If you want to keep your C-Stick to do smashes, you use the method I just described in my last post.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm
I have no idea how to wavedash, I think.  

Yin Yun Yang

Gikaru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:50 pm
Yin Yun Yang

That's because wavedashing was...taken out from Melee.

I was hoping there'd be a Marth guide up already. The only new things I learn now are from videos. And I never really found wavebouncing very useful with anyone that isn't Lucas or Snake.

Also, I could help a bit with the Marth and Bowser guides. My friend and I know the ins and outs of Bowser. Sadly, he's the one who actually uses him, and really well. With Marth, he's kind of my brick wall character.

Edit - I think the Ike guide needs a little more work, particularly on Neutral Air and the grabs. Neutral Air can be used out of short hops, and it'll auto cancel itself upon landing. Ike's grab game is one of the best, falling short of Bowser's godly grabs. Like Bowser, Ike has a very little amount of frames if the opponent breaks out. The difference is that Bowser can do plenty; Ike can simply jab and hope it connects. It's usually better to use the back or forward throw.

Also, the up smash isn't as slow as the forward smash, both in the beginning and end.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:54 am
Gikaru
Yin Yun Yang

That's because wavedashing was...taken out from Melee.

I was hoping there'd be a Marth guide up already. The only new things I learn now are from videos. And I never really found wavebouncing very useful with anyone that isn't Lucas or Snake.

Also, I could help a bit with the Marth and Bowser guides. My friend and I know the ins and outs of Bowser. Sadly, he's the one who actually uses him, and really well. With Marth, he's kind of my brick wall character.

Edit - I think the Ike guide needs a little more work, particularly on Neutral Air and the grabs. Neutral Air can be used out of short hops, and it'll auto cancel itself upon landing. Ike's grab game is one of the best, falling short of Bowser's godly grabs. Like Bowser, Ike has a very little amount of frames if the opponent breaks out. The difference is that Bowser can do plenty; Ike can simply jab and hope it connects. It's usually better to use the back or forward throw.

Also, the up smash isn't as slow as the forward smash, both in the beginning and end.

Ike was my third guide (I think) and I haven't revised him (nor lucario) since, sorreh about that.

Certainly, you may contribute your suggestions to any character.. As soon as the guide is out. ninja  

Al Torrenz

Gikaru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:53 am
Hah, alright then. Also, I never use Ike's Neutral Air too often. The only times I can recall using it is jumping from a ledge (or back on the stage if recovering) and fast falling one. Otherwise, I'm always doing a retreating Forward Air. I don't play so well aggressively. sweatdrop  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff