Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Pokey thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kodocha579

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:27 am
Minielf
Kodocha579
CHOCOLATE! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!

thought youd like to know that i heart chocolate.

Gah, why do you support Niph's side Snow?!! gonk Don't you like Pocky?

EDIT: Wait, you don't even know what Pocky is! How could you not know?! gonk

I do eat chocolate but I don't like eating it too much. But if I had a chance I'd too eat tons of pocky. But Pocky is expensive to buy here in Australia as well, and each packet doesn't contain much. I eat them too quickly whenever I buy one. crying

how can i not support chocolate. i havent even ever had pocky. will someone tell me what it tastes like or post a pic of it. because i am still clueless or what pocky is or tastes like.

Toki. if you get the right kind of chocolate it doesnt melt. and not to mention chocolate goes good with alot of things such as peanut butter or in things like truffles or mixed with in fudge. what else can pocky do? hmm? rolleyes

niph: not to mention everyone has heard of chocolate and knows what it is. though with pocky its popular with asians so its not as popular as choclate. chocolate wins.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:17 pm
Toki - the one you bought from See Woo was strawberry right?
Like this one?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
That costs a lot, so instead I bought the Korean version mrgreen
And I buy all my other pocky, that are Japanese version, from a Chinese store in Derby called Chung Wah, they sell pocky at such low prices whee

Snow - You haven't seen pocky before? O_O - faints -

And here's the Korean Version

whee heart

` T a p i o c a `

Kodocha579

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:44 pm
HA! look the pocky box has chocolate on it. that just proves it. chocolate is better because pocky wants to taste like chocolate.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:11 pm
Kodocha579
HA! look the pocky box has chocolate on it. that just proves it. chocolate is better because pocky wants to taste like chocolate.

Erm...no? o__O
That is a biscuit stick with chocolate on it...
Like as if the biscuit stick was dipped in chocolate?

And its called flavour 3nodding
Pocky doesn't wanna taste like chocolate because they already have strawberry flavour, banana flavour etc.

` T a p i o c a `

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:44 pm
Exactly! Go on the street and ask a westerner, they probably won't have heard of pocky..

..I guess my main miff with it is that it's just so unsatisfying.. and totally not worth all the hype over it. xp I mean, why isn't there a huge hype over cheesy dippers? (It's like a biscuit stick thing which you dip in a pot of cheesy sauce stuff.) rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:36 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Exactly! Go on the street and ask a westerner, they probably won't have heard of pocky..

..I guess my main miff with it is that it's just so unsatisfying.. and totally not worth all the hype over it. xp I mean, why isn't there a huge hype over cheesy dippers? (It's like a biscuit stick thing which you dip in a pot of cheesy sauce stuff.) rolleyes
Cos it's in stick form. surprised

@Snow: I don't think the argument was pocky vs. all the chocolate in the world, was just pocky vs. chocolate covered biscuits or something. Or was it just that pocky isn't that amazing? =/
Well anyways, no one said pocky is better than chocolate, cos pocky has chocolate on it in the first place.

And I've never heard of a type of chocolate that doesn't melt, what sorta chocolate have you been eating? rolleyes  

Tokioka

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:40 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir

Those things? I've had them before and they do taste nice, but there's always some bits of the sauce stuff left that you either throw away or have to use your hands to lick it out.
The good thing about pocky is that you can take much longer eating it than chocolate; it will take a good amount of time to devour a whoke packet of pocky but I tend to gulp down a chocolate bar in 4 bites. 3nodding

Snow: You seriously don't have pocky in your home town? There must not be any Asian communities where you live, since practically all Asian grocery stores sell Pocky. And as for how it tastes like...well it tastes like a long sugary biscuit, most often with strawberry or chocolate flavour on a quarter of the stick.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:48 pm
Your friends are all laughing at you behind your back…

Sin`s bored of arguing whether pocky or chocolate is better.

-goes of to find cheese`

ninja

...Kill them.

xiiao-ai

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:58 pm
@'elfy - WHAT? If you take the same-sized bites with chocolate and pocky you'd definitely finish the pocky first..

@Sin - Oooh, get me some? <3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:31 am
Your friends are all laughing at you behind your back…

D;

Sin only has shitty plastice sliced cheese.

>.>

Must go and buy some proper cheese tomorrow.

...Kill them.

xiiao-ai

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:18 am
Minielf
Niphredil Ithilmir

Those things? I've had them before and they do taste nice, but there's always some bits of the sauce stuff left that you either throw away or have to use your hands to lick it out.
The good thing about pocky is that you can take much longer eating it than chocolate; it will take a good amount of time to devour a whoke packet of pocky but I tend to gulp down a chocolate bar in 4 bites. 3nodding

Snow: You seriously don't have pocky in your home town? There must not be any Asian communities where you live, since practically all Asian grocery stores sell Pocky. And as for how it tastes like...well it tastes like a long sugary biscuit, most often with strawberry or chocolate flavour on a quarter of the stick.

- cough -

Not all Asian shops sell pocky stare

Apparently China World (the only shop selling asian things in my town) doesn't have pocky stare
They only have salad/pizza pepero...

So I have to trvel to different places to get my pocky crying heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:28 am
I saw a bit of diffrent flavors while in Shanghai, one of them being tiramisu flavored, and another being dark chocolate crunch. *Drools*  

Zero Murasame

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
@'elfy - WHAT? If you take the same-sized bites with chocolate and pocky you'd definitely finish the pocky first..

@Sin - Oooh, get me some? <3

No I wouldn't. I bought a packet of Pocky today and I reckoned it took me 6 minutes to eat it. You can't take the same size bites on a Pocky as you can on a chocolate since each Pocky stick requires at least two bites to eat it up and there were at least 30 Pocky sticks in a packet...unless I happened to gulp down six or more sticks at once, and honestly, who would do that?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:48 am
I've actually tried eating Pockey in reverse, It worked until the chocolate started melting in my hand.  

Zero Murasame

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:43 am
Well obviously it depends on how many sticks you get in a packet.. rolleyes

@DRO - But.. why have it when you can just have real tiramisu or dark choc? sweatdrop  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games