Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Dueling Arena ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kleptor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:17 pm
Brain looked around for the piece of paper and scribbled in what little space was left. ALL. Then handed it to him. He hoped that Andre knew the full scope of what all meant. From electric guitar to a small keyboard. What he had hopes for was something with a wide array of sounds. rows of keys. The thought of it made him smile itself. He wished for an instrument that was all of them at once. But he'd really settle for anything to play.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:10 pm
Saito couldnt get his sword out in time when the beast began to flail and spin around and he got thrown off into the line of Rauls attack and bot wounded even worse ((your decision on what kind of damage it would have done)) and he coughed up more blood and now it was slightly running down his chin as he struggled to get up "Dambit, I cant belive that I am getting damaged this badly by such a low level beast."  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

Oracle for Hire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:32 pm
[[The dragon flies over to Saito and looks over him.]]

""My my, you've taken quite a bit of damage, hold still now. Healing Art 7: Zenkai!""

[[This spells heals all of Saito's wounds leaving the dragon alightly worn out as it scans the yark]]

""Michi, go for the wound in it's side!""

"Right!"

[Makes a kick for the wound in the beast's side]

((Again, if you have a problem with my RPing, contact thru any of the instant messengers i use. Gaia mail is a pain))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:40 am
((down in the basements...))
Raul's rapier had cut Saito rather than the yark, and Raul himself somehow got hit in the head by one of the monster's hooves. Seeing him get knocked aside and out cold, BillBob set down the scrub-brush he had in his hands and ran to get a water dish from one of the cages so that he could empty its contents onto Raul's head.
Meanwhile, the yark was staggering clumsily. It had a fairly high resistance to bludgeoning attacks so the hit on its head hadn't done much to faze it, but when Michieru kicked at the wound made by Saito's sword, the sword was pushed in further and cut through more of its vitals.
The creature wheezed off-key some more and staggered forward to aim one last attack, trying to gore Michieru with one of its big horns. Instead of controlling the movement, however, the yark pretty much fell forward with all of its moose-sized weight behind the motion. Whether or not Michieru dodged the falling yark and its horns, the monster wasn't going to be getting back up afterwards.

((it's alright, OfH, just so long as you don't god-mode and we can tell what you're trying to say...))

((up in the stands above-ground...))
Andre listened to the phone ring, hoping someone would pick up on the other end. But if not... well, he could try something else.
Looking to see what Brian wrote in response to his question, Andre nodded.
"That's great! I don't think we have instruments here at the arena though... but maybe we could look in one of the bigger storage rooms and see if there's anything you like there.
I do think I once heard a rumor about this having been a place for concerts before it was converted into a dueling arena. I don't know if it's true, though."

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:35 pm
Saito got up "Thanks."
((I really dont have anything to do. ))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:33 pm
Brain nodded eagerly and looked for the back closet of the place. Maybe not only would they have instruments but perhaps lighting too. Or something. He wasn't sure he knew terribly how to run lighting but he knew that his blessing would allow him the ability to play anything as an instrument. if Andre pulled out a mop with 3 strings there was a good change he could compose a mean beat on it. He smiled and imagined himself on a stool digging his fingers into some keys and rocking his head back and forth. Nobody could feel music like he could. He simply imagined a tune and his fingers did the rest of the word. It was as if he could see it like a painted picture on a canvas.  

kleptor

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:24 pm
((sj3, I'm not sure if you're saying you're displeased at not having anything to do, or merely being apologetic about having written a small amount...??))

((OfH, were you going to post anything about avoiding the yark...??))

BillBob tossed the water onto Raul, who groaned a little and took his time in getting himself to a sitting position. While he did so, BillBob threw the empty water dish at the yark, despite the fact that it obviously wasn't going to make any difference now.

((up above-ground...))
Still listening to the phone ring, Andre led Brian to the back closet. It was down a couple halls and behind a big set of double doors. Unlocking it, he said:
"There's lots of old stuff in here, I don't even know what. You can play with anything you find, and- oh.
Hello? This is Andre over at the Dueling Arena, and I was wondering if you could give me any information about construction crews in the city?"
Someone had picked up the phone at the other end. While Andre spoke to whoever it was, he motioned Brian forward, inviting him to look around the big storage room. Still holding the phone in one hand, he used the other to prop the double doors open with a box full of old vinyl records on one side and on the other he used a rack that seemed to have stage costumes hanging on it.

((kleptor, feel free to make up whatever you want Brian to find in there...
Really, there could be anything in there, imagine a big big room filled with cluttered-up objects, and a lot of it might have to do with music and performances... I'm thinking the room is big enough that if it were to have been packed with grand pianos they would be stacked several on top of each other and maybe 4-5 wide an 3-4 back, or something like that.))  
Oracle for Hire rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:15 am
((Yes I play D&D and yes I'm rolling a d20 to decide if I get hit by the yark. Keep in mind that one ofmy seals are released which means a 50% increase in my physical attributes))

[Michi dodges the yark with a small scratch which heals after a couple minutes]

"So whats going on here? I've been at this arena for a good half-hour now and so far i've fought a seafood dinner and possibly THE wussiest bull in the world. When am I going to get to fight something worthwhile?"

[[After a moment to catch its breath, the dragon flies up onto his shoulder]]

""I just hope we dont run into anything TOO challenging. If you got past the 4th seal i dont think i could stop you. Hey you three!""

[[The dragon flies over to Saito]]

""Why exactly is everything ni the basment and not the arena?""  

Oracle for Hire

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:11 am
((I meant that I dont feel good about saying so little, But then again it is ok because more things will happen later))  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:35 am
something caught brains eye and made them gleam. He grinned as he saw a huge stack of synthesized keyboards. They were extremely high in quality. He examined them and pressed a button and it sounded exactly like a snare drum. The next just like a hard chord on a guitar. His heart raced and pounded desperately. He yanked on one of them dragging it out of the pile and put it in the middle of the floor carefully then he set to go grab another one. There was about 6 in all. There was so much stuff in here and so little time.

((I hope you don't mind))

As soon as Andre finished on the phone he helped drag a whole bunch of things out. Brain would point carefully examining things and wires carefully finding everything perfect for what he intended you could hear zaps as amps and processors were crackled together the keyboards all cramming into a massive computer as brain quickly plugged it into about 3 different wall outlets using power strips and things. now all he needed was something to put them on. He frowned as all his wires and things all capable of making great music sat as he would never be able to play them like this. He needed something which would put the keyboards in rows around him and computers under them in case he needed to adjust volume. Something big that he could sit in the middle of. He looked at Andre and didn't know the right word to write down. He tried to make a gesture of shelves and at the same time stands. then a circle with his arms. Then brain spun around pretending to play keyboards.  

kleptor

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:56 pm
((OfH: I fully approve of you using dice rolls as much as you want. My personal favorite is 2 D10 to roll D%))

((SJ3: I really don't care how much or how little you write, just so long as I don't end up being the only one doing actual role-playing. wink ))

((down in the basement...))
BillBob shouted something to Raul about getting himself up, then addressed the newcomers over the sounds of Raul's complaining.
"We had sign-ups and a warm-up battle going on for a tournament that was going to happen soon... but then our head monster handler Christie got kidnapped by this creepy guy who lives in the lower catacombs under all the basement levels, so we have to get her back first."
The red-headed boy gestured at the cages lining the walls of the long high-ceilinged room, then reached to pull Saito's sword out of the yark and hand it to him while explaining further.
"The monsters are supposed to be all in their cages until they're brought up for the battles, but the guy who calls himself the Arena Ghost seems to have let some of them out on his way down."
BillBob looked around, hoping they wouldn't run into any more loose creatures just yet. Glancing back at Raul, he snapped:
"Come on, man, we've got to go get Christie!"
Raul had been getting up very slowly, acting like an old invalid with back problems; but he now jumped to his feet like the reasonably healthy 20-something he was, and declared:
"You're the one holding us up with all your talk! We don't have time for it!"
And he ran down the hall the yark had charged out from, soon disappearing around a corner.
"Take the stairs on the left, Raul!"
BillBob shouted after him, rolling his eyes and shouldering his scrub-brush as he followed.

((kleptor: I don't mind about the keyboards or anything, but please don't jump ahead and say what other characters are doing if you're not the one controlling those characters. Andre is actually talking to someone in city hall (in another RP thread) and the phone call can't really be over until the conversation there is over.))

((upstairs in the arena storage room...))
Still holding the phone in one hand and talking to whoever it was, Andre used the other hand to help Brian pick up the keyboards and find the other things he needed to set them up.
"Well, someone's just recently blown a hole in the floor of the main arena space, and we need to get it fixed before we're ready to have the tournament later."
Pausing to watch Brian trying to arrange the keyboards and then as the boy pantomimed playing them as if they were set up around him like a big organ system, Andre grinned.
"Brian, I think there's a place we could get something like that set up for you, if we can get a construction crew in here to help us.
Would you like to go with me to the marketplace to see who we can hire?"
Andre then spoke into the phone once more.
"I think we need help as soon as we can get it. Is there a particular spot in the marketplace I should go to or set up an advertisement? I don't know how things like that are done in this city."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:08 pm
[Running along the others with Sachi on his shoulders] "This tournament is apparently a big deal, yet so far ive only fought sushi and veal. Wheres the big stuff? I know I saw some other cages back there."

((By the way, im entering))  

Oracle for Hire

kleptor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:30 pm
((I'm sorry I needed help getting them. Thats my fault. I won't do it again. I wish I could make it up to you))

He nodded and waited patiently to leave with him. Someone was feeding him and letting him do what he wanted. He only came in here to watch a show and take his mid off of things and almost instantly he had found someone who actually cared about him. He was going to make damed sure nothing happened to Andre... It was the first person who ever actually took care of him or cared what he wanted even enough to spend money on him. He looked at his hands and his mp3 player carefully. He would fight for this man, if he had to. He would even consider track 99... He hated track 99...

((Track 99 is like that trump card... think of it as one massive explosion capable of killing a couple of people and causing brian a lot of damage.))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:11 pm
Saito took the sword and took a few steps back and then forcefully swong it to the side getting off most of the blood and then he rummaged around in his shirt and pulled out a cloth and wiped the rest of the blood of the sword and then sheathed it. " Looks like I might just have to use more of my powers than normal to do this one." he started to walk down the hall after the others, but at a somewhat leasurly pace.  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:31 pm
BillBob went along down the hall with the others, hoping Raul hadn't taken the wrong set of stairs. Answering Michi, he said:
"The less dangerous monsters are on these floors. Andre insisted that Christie get some for the first tournament round so that it would be more open to beginners.
She keeps the tougher beasts on the lower levels. Did you come to the arena to sign up for the tournament?"
He glanced back to make sure that Saito was coming. He didn't like to ever think of himself as being afraid of anything, but he certainly did feel better about heading into the lower floors with these guys coming along.

((up in the aboveground area...))
Andre went back out to the stands where they again had a view of the arena... it seemed that the people down in the basement were passing out of view of the cameras that had been set up already. The camera system hadn't yet been rigged through the whole arena, so Andre shut off the holographic projectors and locked the control room. The only thing left moving in the main arena was a handful of stray sniper salmon wandering around in their now-pitifully-weak miniature storm cloud off to one side.
Realizing that it seemed he'd been waiting for a while for a response on the phone, Andre pulled the cell away from his ear and looked at the screen. There was a note saying the connection had been lost, and Andre guessed it had been at least a couple minutes.
"Blasted discount phone service."
He muttered, snapping the phone shut.
"All right, Brian, let's head for the marketplace and see what we can find. Want to take some sandwiches along?"
Getting back over to where they'd left the sandwiches and juice, Andre emptied his own glass, refilled it, and drank it down once more. Picking up a couple of sandwiches to eat along the way, Andre waited for Brian. As soon as the boy was ready to go, they'd head out the main entrance and off to the marketplace.

((kleptor: don't worry about it, I'm not mortally offended or anything. And Andre can totally do lots of stuff while on the phone, so that wasn't a problem, just the jumping ahead and assuming the phone call was going to be over right away.))  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games