Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Any cantonese speaking? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:14 am
Mandarin chinglish rocks..

I always sorta put English endings onto Chinese words..  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:32 am
i sometimes does that
but mostly i talk chinese at home english at school  

[.BaNaNa.CoIn.]

kakaru_kl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:48 pm
i do...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:06 pm
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
ngo sik gwong doong wah too....XD

ummm......translation: i speak cantonese too?  

princess cutie pie

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:07 am
This is somewhat embarrassing but I just recalled it after reading some posts.

Since I was born and raised in Canada, my schools were all obviously in English. Back when I was in senior kindergarten (prior to grade 1), I used to refer to airplanes as 飛機 (fei gei) to the other kids. It was because I heard it used at home, I brought it to the classroom and I was so sure I was right, I even corrected another student. razz xd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:33 am
wiim

Since I was born and raised in Canada, my schools were all obviously in English. Back when I was in senior kindergarten (prior to grade 1), I used to refer to airplanes as 飛機 (fei gei) to the other kids. It was because I heard it used at home, I brought it to the classroom and I was so sure I was right, I even corrected another student. razz xd
lol, same with me. When I started primary school I couldn't speak english at all, only understand it. Then as school progressed I became fluent in English and lost most of my cantonese. xp  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:36 pm
wiim

ya know... i can see you doing that lol.
@tapioka: you're lucky. I think I lost everything... trying very hard speaking my parents dialect... am getting a little better... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:38 am
yalie5
wiim

ya know... i can see you doing that lol.
@tapioka: you're lucky. I think I lost everything... trying very hard speaking my parents dialect... am getting a little better... sweatdrop
What stopped me losing it all was that my parents forced me to go to chinese sunday school and they also ignored me whenever I spoke english at home.
It was a pretty good strategy and now I'm still semi-fluent, however... my brother is not. sweatdrop He's pretty much screwed when it comes to cantonese. I think this was due to me speaking english to him all the time lol xd  

Tokioka

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:37 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:12 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Wow.. this sounds strangely familiar.. my Chinese is pretty fluent, but only 'cause I spent a year and a half at school in China when I was 6-8ish.. (before that I was in Glasgow, Scotland and after that in Bristol, England where I am now) My parents also pretended not to understand English for a while.. and once I got �100 reward for speaking only Chinese at home for a week ^^
�100!! Bloody hell! eek Just for speaking chinese? I'm there! 4laugh

And, do you have / have you ever had a glaswegian accent? rolleyes Och Aye! xd  

Tokioka

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:16 pm
redface

When I was like 5.. I had the strongest Glaswegian accent ever..  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:27 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
redface

omg! xd

That is just sweet! Do you still say gl-a** instead or gl-arse? And what about book? Do you pronounce it boo-k? I can just picture you, all northern and stuff lol.

"Hey mam! I gots us a glaswegian lass!" lol  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:32 pm
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
redface

omg! xd

That is just sweet! Do you still say gl-a** instead or gl-arse? And what about book? Do you pronounce it boo-k? I can just picture you, all northern and stuff lol.

like hell you! I've got plans for her!!lol blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:02 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
redface

omg! xd

like hell you! I've got plans for her!!lol blaugh
0_o' ???  

Tokioka

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 pm
Of course not. I go to a posh girls' school in the south of England.. rolleyes can't help picking up the accent.. ^^;; I speak what we call 'BBC English'..

@yalie - what plans? o.o;; Using me as a tool for world domination? xP  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces