Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:09 pm
Hey, all! Welcomes to the GAU!

copperforest
lotta preachin goin on and it makes me angry but i try hard to stay calm, focused, and really assured cuz boy does that piss them off!

It's all you can do.  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:14 am
Kharybuce
I came here looking for conversation without the final judgement comming from the bible. I'm not anti-Christ, I hate argueing the obvious, and I'm a die-hard atheist.

Oh and I bite. Just kidding. See you all in the forums.

Just so you know: Kharybuce was my old mule that I gave to a friend, cause he was too lazy to do all the sign up work. Now, he doesn't want him, so I own him. He is once again my mule, and the dark side of my subconscious.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

silverbaby107

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:25 pm
Hi everybody! I'm a 19 year old sophomore at the University of Michigan. I'm studying neuroscience--I'm kind of a science nerd (which I assume many of you atheists also are--as we are all "truth seekers" not "fairy tale" believers smile ) and I'm also pre-med. I enjoy educating myself and attempting to make myself a useful citizen in the world by helping others whenever I can. I'm in the Michigan Marching Band and am obsessed with band/music. I would like to find other intelligent people, especially atheists, so if you're kind of like me, or even not and just want to talk, message me...I'd love to hear from you wink

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:40 am
Hello, all.

I am FalseDiagnosis. I don't want to give out my real name, so you can just call me that.
I have varied tastes in music.
I am atheist-agnostic. Yes, it's hyphenated.
I live in northwest Georgia, USA.
I am 15 years old, and a sophomore at high school.

And, uh, PM me if you'd like.  

FalseDiagnosis

shatterspect

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:40 am
I just thought I'd introduce myself before I posted. Let's see, what do I want to say about myself...oh the options.

I'm obviously a night owl (here it's 5:30 in the morning, and I've been up all night), though I should work on that. I'm 24, just graduated as a Creative Writing major (so I can use the mythology for something...), looking to go into a field of Art or Design. Recently I've thought that if I want real insight into other ways people have lived, my best bet is to hit the Anthropology section, not the New Age section...

About that. Well, I consider myself to be a quite spiritual person, but I won't tie myself down to any system of thought, or dogma, or ideology, or god, or ritual. Because of this, I've been labeled by some New Agers as "dark". That is, basically because I won't submit to their way of thought and do what they tell me, I'm automatically (to their minds) "evil".

I'm probably going through a transformative period right now. In the past I thought I was psychic, but every other person I've run across who called themselves psychic besides my mom has proven to not know jack about what they're talking about. So I'm questioning whether psychic ability exists at all, basically. The more scientific (but how much more?) explanation of what I've gone through is that I might be experiencing some form of dissociation.

The community (nonmedical) term for this is "multiple"...and right now I'm pretty much feeling that it may be a long-term part of who I am. I have records going back at least four years where I've been experiencing the same thing, with the same "voices" coming through me. I've traced it and it goes back to when I was 11 or 12.

I also have a couple of other psychiatric diagnoses, which may come up in the course of my writing, as I'm very honest; but it isn't my intent to scare anyone with those right now. I mention the multiplicity because it's a big part of what I'm going through at the moment, with my just recently recognizing that I'm going through this and reaching out for help on it to the wrong places. And yes, I do see a psychiatrist.

I feel that I'm being led towards some form of naturalism because of my experiences. Like I read someone else say here, it's not that I'm really choosing to be atheist, it's just that there aren't that many other rational options.

Right now I use the concept of a god, but I make no claims to its existence outside of my mind; actually, I'm more likely to say it doesn't exist outside of my mind, and that it's just a conceptual tool. I'm a bit unsettled by the thought that I really have no clue as to what's actually going on in the world, outside of my mind. Oh, and right; I've never taken a philosophy course. The horror. wink

I have a tendency to say too much, so I'll stop here and continue in a post.

--shatter  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:56 am
Hello! blaugh

My name is Mary... go by Kagerou, online. I'm 24 years-old and have a BFA as an Illustration major.... though my job is more layout design, such is life.
I was born and raised Catholic... until college I've only been to Catholic schools. Around 13, I turned atheist. Though I respect the general teachings of Christianity, I'm just naturally skeptical of metaphysical explanation for things. If there's a gene for taking words literally, I just don't have it.

For the last year, I've taken up Zen Buddhism as a religion and personal philosophy. I particularly like the theme of breaking all illusions. It seems to pair rather well to my enthusiasm for science matters.
That said, I'm also rather liberal in temperament and don't mind playing around to hypothetical ideas and theories.  

Maryhl

Shy Werewolf

gilmore_fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:35 am
hello fellow gaians!

Name: Sarah
I am completing my last year in highschool and after I am going to university to study art and history and after that become a teacher. I love painting, reading, history, debating...and the list goes on  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:26 pm
Hellu,
How are you all? I am a fervent Christian who belives in circular resoning, denial, and bliss through ignorance!! Whahahahahahah. xd
Thanks for leting me join. 15 years of age , enjoys physics, biology, math and athropology, and jazz/  

Quantumjitters

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:21 am
Welcome to the guild. As a member of this guild, you must help me bring an end to caustic's evil reign bake cookies for caustic because we love her very much. ninja heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:16 am
Blasphemize
Welcome to the guild. As a member of this guild, you must help me bring an end to caustic's evil reign bake cookies for caustic because we love her very much. ninja heart

I've baked some cookies today just for Caustic. I call them "Muaethia's special cyanide cookies".

They're poison free, I promise ninja

Muaethia

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:18 pm
Cyanide makes me stronger.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:30 am
c a u s t i c
Cyanide makes me stronger.

Hmmm... interesting title for a story, methinks ninja wink

And no, this is no ordinary cyanide. This is muaethia's special cookie cyanide. See, look, it's already mutated you *points to 3 eyes*

Anyway, i'll shut up now as this is becoming spam.

Muaethia

Mythee

Festive Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:09 pm
HELLO my name is MYTHEE and I like to MAKE LOUD NOISES xd
Just kidding. heart

Well I'm really happy to have been accepted into this guild of coolness. Now I shall post. surprised heart Wee~!  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:23 pm
Muaethia
Blasphemize

I've baked some cookies today just for Caustic. I call them "Muaethia's special cyanide cookies".

They're poison free, I promise ninja
I baked cookies today for none of you! xd that is because they are crack cookies and yes  

GEt CrUnK iTs BiLlY!

Nephrastar

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:05 pm
'Ello everyone. I'm Nephrastar, otherwise known as Neph, Oreo, or NodiriaSama.

- I'm 15 and I'm now freshmeat (freshman) starting in August. My birthday is April 6th.

- I listen to techno, alternative, new age, heavy metal, and Japanese Rock and Japanese Pop, but I'm really into heavy metal and J-Rock.

- I used to be pagan due to the influence by my parents, but I decided to become an athiest because I never really believed in a true god/goddess. However, I like reading about the pagan/wiccan religion, along with pretty much anything that has to do with spirituality.

- I enjoy making graphics with Photoshop CS, but I'm horrible when it comes to coding layouts and profiles at the moment. If you want a good looking signature or something along those lines, just PM me.

- I would like to become a web designer, software developer, computer programmer, author, mangaka, or a teacher for a computer class when I get to college. I am also interested in learning Japanese, Russian, and German while there.

I guess that's me in a really big nutshell.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games