Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:40 pm
I didn't read your posts, but I'm sure you're right. I mean, your argument stands fine here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You know what? I just came with an interesting analogy....

Resident Evil was like a love child of Capcom, right?
Well, RE4 is like a b*****d child of Capcom and Resident Evil...
But since Resident Evil was a child of Capcom, that would make RE4 an inbred offspring.

That would certainly explain everything...  

Nebel Rabenschwarz

[Le S h i t]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:04 am
Why do I hate it? - Leon. mad

Why's it bad?- Leon. mad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:20 pm
You know, it's really unfair to blame a fictional character for something he has no control over. The only reason RE4 is bad is Capcom.

I mean, there were the great 3 veterans: Capcom, Squaresoft and Konami.
now I'm not saying that Enix was a bad company, but when Square and Enix joined, I dunno what happened, but the whole company went down the drain with cookie cutter crap like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X-2. Going from using deep characters with cool weapons and beautiful orchestral music, to little kids who fight using KEYS, to J-Pop?

And then, there were two, Konami and Capcom.
Just when we thought that Capcom couldn't possibly go wrong, I mean, with REmake, I figured, this company are geniuses!
They release RE0, okay, I can let go the fact that Marcus was dressed like a White Mage from the dead Final Fantasy series. It's cool... But after RE4... Well, you all know how I feel about that little pile of s**t decorated as cake.
Now, I'm not a fan, but my friend told me that the Mega-Man series hasn't been done justice to either these days.

Then there's Onimusha. The first one was a work of art. The second one was different, but still, pretty awesome. The third one... The best thing about the third one was Jean Reno, and even then, it's like, "We'll let him do his own voice acting when he's talking in french, but then when he starts speaking English we'll replace him with, of all people, Paul freakin Mercier! For those who don't know, this is the guy who voiced Leon in RE4.... Yeah. How the hell, are you gonna replace Jean Reno with that asswipe? Oh, he's got an accent! Who gives a crap? If I got Jean Reno to voice my game, I'd be like, "Here, why don't we expand your character's dialogue?"
Not only that, but something that Onimusha really didn't need was Ako. Basically, for those who played Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Ako is Onimusha's equivalent of Navi. She wasn't THAT annoying, but it was a really childish concept to add to this M Rated game.
Okay, but, Onimusha 3 was supposed to be the last one. On the back of the Package it says "The final of the trilogy." It concluded the story rather nicely. And then, Capcom goes and does something that Capcom always does. They make ANOTHER sequel, truly whoring out the franchise. Now, Dawn of Dreams... I didn't even bother with. As I could see from the cover, the main character (As opposed to being the middle aged Jacques Blanc or the battle hardened warrior like Samonosuke Akechi, who's a freakin relative of Mitsuhide Akechi in the game! .. Do your research kids, this is fun facts.) the character is some young pretty boy who looks like a darker haired Cloud Strife. So, I didn't bother touching it with a Buster Sword.
As sad as it may be, Capcom fell off.

Now, there's only Konami. The company that I loved since I first started playing video games. Oh, how I loved those Double Dragon and Contra games... Then they brought me something new. Metal Gear Solid and the Silent Hill series are my two favorites right now.
All I can do, is pray that Konami won't make the same mistakes that Capcom and Square Enix did.
Well, according to the news, Metal Gear Solid is supposed to be the last in the series. So, all we can do is wait to see if Konami decides to whore it out some more after MGS4 comes out. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Of course, there's also EA, but they have no souls.

[/rant]  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:08 pm
Yea, Konami's really the only veteran game company that still has good games coming out. I've always been a fan of Konami games, like Contra, Gradius, and recently got into Castlevania when Symphony of the Night came out. So far, they haven't let me down and I hope they never will.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:04 pm
Eh... I still like Square Enix because I think Star Ocean 3 was done well enough. Doesn't hold much of a candle to Star Ocean 2, but definitely doesn't fail. Final Fantasy looks like it might be going in a good direction with 13, and Kingdom Hearts isn't bad at all. It's just a bit different. Also, Final Fantasy 12 was very well done, especially when you consider it was more faithful to the early storylines than 7-10 were.

Konami... well they're doing pretty well. While Silent Hill Origins was kinda badly done, 5 looks promising enough to make me forget about it.I hope Metal Gear Solid 4 does well, but after seeing the trailers and gameplay, I'm not too worried. It looks different, but different isn't always horrible.

As for Capcom, I think Dead Rising was very well done. Although it didn't have much story wise, the gameplay was very original and did very well in adding to the whole ordeal.

As far as Resident Evil goes, I think 4 was... okay. Not great, not horrible. Just okay. Leon Kennedy seemed emotionless at points, and the RPG touch made it a bit less authentic. Ashley Graham didn't annoy me as much as she seems to have annoyed everyone else, although she was kind of a burden.

I'm sure the reason that 4 wasnt a faithful Resident Evil game is because it was originally intended as a gamecube exclusive. Gamecubers tended to gravitate to RPGs, so theres where the Merchant and the classic "rescue the helpless girl" scenerios come in. I'm sure the story not involving the T-Virus was either to create a new story for the Gamecube audience, or to tie the audience over. We can only hope Las PLagas don't completely take over as the new T-Virus. I'd get pissed if THAT happened, but Resident Evil 4 doesn't do much harm.  

mooncalf90

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:22 pm
mooncalf90
Final Fantasy 12 was very well done, especially when you consider it was more faithful to the early storylines than 7-10 were.

No way. I completely disagree. I absolutely HATED 12. It was a waste of 70 hours that I'll never gain back in my lifetime.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:42 pm
mooncalf90
I'm sure the reason that 4 wasnt a faithful Resident Evil game is because it was originally intended as a gamecube exclusive. Gamecubers tended to gravitate to RPGs, so theres where the Merchant and the classic "rescue the helpless girl" scenerios come in. I'm sure the story not involving the T-Virus was either to create a new story for the Gamecube audience, or to tie the audience over. We can only hope Las PLagas don't completely take over as the new T-Virus. I'd get pissed if THAT happened, but Resident Evil 4 doesn't do much harm.

Well, Remake and RE0 were both GameCube exclusives, and they weren't RPG oriented.
In fact, I'm not sure you know what you're talking about (with all due respect) because GameCube really didn't have very many good RPGs at all.
If anything, The PS2 was the one that got all the decent RPGs for it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

mooncalf90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:54 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
mooncalf90

Well, Remake and RE0 were both GameCube exclusives, and they weren't RPG oriented.
In fact, I'm not sure you know what you're talking about (with all due respect) because GameCube really didn't have very many good RPGs at all.
If anything, The PS2 was the one that got all the decent RPGs for it.
Too true. I suppose I'm just trying to justify it in a way. I understand why you would dislike Resident Evil 4, and it's not my favorite, but I just hear everyone say how horrible it is, and it's really not a bad game, it just doesn't have much of a place in the RE franchise.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:07 pm
Hey, don't get me wrong. If you plaster a different name on it, it'd be a great game. But the problem is that it's Resident Evil.
It's like they took a completely random game, named the character Leon and plastered a Resident Evil sticker on it.

How do you think Star Wars fans would feel if you took Starship Troopers, called it "Star Wars" and just renamed Johnny Rico to Luke Skywalker?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Nebel Rabenschwarz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:17 am
Before we know it, most games will be filled to the brim with pretty-boys who care more for hair products than anything else. Although, of course, the more hunk-like characters have begun popping up in several games lately.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:21 am
Hahahaaa... I dunno... I think seeing Leon advertise Tresseme would be quite priceless..  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:48 am
I can just see him singing "Tresseme, Tresseme, ooh la la~~~" rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:47 pm
Nebel Rabenschwarz
Before we know it, most games will be filled to the brim with pretty-boys who care more for hair products than anything else. Although, of course, the more hunk-like characters have begun popping up in several games lately.

Well, we'll always have God of War. It doesn't get much more badass than Kratos. AND, he's BALD!

As much as I hate his Mullet, Solid Snake kicks all sorts of a**, too.

Oh, I'd love to see that, a Solid Snake vs. Leon fight.

"Alright, I'm taking bets! ... What? It's over?" *leon on the ground with a broken neck*  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:12 am
Actually I'd love to see Kratos rip Leon apart.... twisted  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games