Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Back to Guilds

The final chapter in the Persona 4, FES, and Golden - RP Guild Trilogy! No prior knowledge necessary! 

Tags: Persona 4, Megami Tensei, Roleplay, Persona 3, Persona 5 

Reply *~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*
::Out-of-Character Forum:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 am
Great Ryoman!
What I meaaant was, "There're Squiddily Demons and possibly Shadow-wielding-evil-people in the vicinity, if you're trying to get use to the guild by starting out with just normal RPing, this might not be the event to do it."

I emphasize "might not" because well, technically there's no rule against it. xD If you have Powers, you pretty much have the right to involve yourself in any goings on.

There are a few exceptions of course. When Soji and friends are fighting Shadows, sometimes we don't want everyone piling in.

Oh! And random Normal Citizens who try to specifically force themselves into the plot. Don't get me wrong, but there have been times when that's happened. xD

There was once a guy who made a character who was suppose to be normal...but kept walking up to Soji (who he'd never met before), and asking him if he knew about Shadows (which he'd never heard of before). And then he started stalking him around the RP, and following him home at night. And then tried to stab him to prove he had superpowers.

So yeah, what I'm saying is that there're two major parts to playing around here. There's interaction/character building, and then there's big effing fights. Most people prefer to start with the first one, but if you'd prefer to throw yourself in monsters and demons and whatnot oh mai, go right ahead. v.v b

I just want you to know what you're getting yourself into. xD
Her superpower is experience and awkward basic demon fighting gear.

.. and a few level 35-36 demons. The level 36 is a handmedown demon and would realistically be a bit stronger than a normal level cuz demon fusing and stuff. That aside, she is also in disguise without direct orders in another branches territory. Her mission is to investigate. In this case though she would be of most use if any classic shin megami type issues come up lol. She's probably gonna have to help with the coverup anyways.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:26 am
And make no mistake, there is plenty of covering up to be done. xD

Though, I should clarify one thing that might help a bit. Since SMT and the Persona series have different flavors too them, we try to make the people steer clear of one another when we can.

SMT stuff is all about people dying, the apocalypse, Devils everywhere...crazy s**t, after all.

While the Persona branch of SMT focuses on people's thoughts giving them power, and the ever-so-cliche power of friendship saving the world. Basically, the two are complete opposites, and that's why we have that occasional rule for saying "Only these types of characters can join this battle", etc.

On a completely unrelated note, you should meet the head of the Yatagarasu/SMT stuff in the area sometime. Name's Raidou Kuzunoha. I guess he'd technically be your boss right now...

vv;; Of course, this Raidou happens to be an extreme stick in the mud. I'm sure the two'd have a lot in common. Lots of fun. 8D b  

Great Ryoman!
Crew

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:43 am
Great Ryoman!
And make no mistake, there is plenty of covering up to be done. xD

Though, I should clarify one thing that might help a bit. Since SMT and the Persona series have different flavors too them, we try to make the people steer clear of one another when we can.

SMT stuff is all about people dying, the apocalypse, Devils everywhere...crazy s**t, after all.

While the Persona branch of SMT focuses on people's thoughts giving them power, and the ever-so-cliche power of friendship saving the world. Basically, the two are complete opposites, and that's why we have that occasional rule for saying "Only these types of characters can join this battle", etc.

I disagree sortof.

They are opposites but I believe that the difference between shin megami and persona is the difference between sociology and psychology.

Sociology looks at the world around us and how it effects us. Shin Megami looks at society as a whole.

Psychology looks inside you and asks "why do you do this to yourself" and looks at parts of a society.

Ultimately you reach a point where the two look pretty much the same once you discover the root of problems lol. The world is ending and youre not sure what to do about it.

3nodding ultimately both will need some power of friendship. I don't think theres any newer shin megami that doesn't have a power of friendship moment somewhere. Its just colored a few shades darker in shin megami xd

That's why ishi isn't the ex-prostitute serial killing middle finger of god she was originally gonna be lol.

Also persona 4 was a pretty dark tale if you think about it.

Quote:
On a completely unrelated note, you should meet the head of the Yatagarasu/SMT stuff in the area sometime. Name's Raidou Kuzunoha. I guess he'd technically be your boss right now...

vv;; Of course, this Raidou happens to be an extreme stick in the mud. I'm sure the two'd have a lot in common. Lots of fun. 8D b
He knows where to find her probably. Or she'll end up finding him.

And Ishi isn't a stick in the mud, she enjoys plenty of fun activities like cleaning her gun, training people, investigating crime scenes, and playing mentally challenging board games like chess or go.

She's pretty much a rock star  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:37 am
TheRealKiru

Hate to do this to you, Kiru, but the current goings on in the hotsprings are restricted to the I.Team and those directly associated with them.
Any chance we can wait until after? XD;;
Sorry.  

stickdude

Generous Informer

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:49 am
stickdude
TheRealKiru

Hate to do this to you, Kiru, but the current goings on in the hotsprings are restricted to the I.Team and those directly associated with them.
Any chance we can wait until after? XD;;
Sorry.
x_x lol don't forget me... though technically Ishi should be investigating them if she gets the chance. She doesn't want to reveal that she has demons  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:59 am
The I. Team is well-known to the Yatagarasu - including several of its top agents, who have already determined the right approach for the organization. No investigating of that particular group needs to be done. ^^

Also, have we explained the Tiers to you yet?  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:10 am
Rednal
The I. Team is well-known to the Yatagarasu - including several of its top agents, who have already determined the right approach for the organization. No investigating of that particular group needs to be done. ^^

Also, have we explained the Tiers to you yet?
not at all, they aren't a primary target, they are a target of circumstance assuming anything happens. Technically my kappa demon should be the one with all the insight assuming im able to go with that bit that got dropped off the bio when arena edited it lol. Any warnings given ooc will likely manifest itself through one of Ishi's "guidance/tutorial" demons.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:24 am
Information is important! =D Because there are lots of demons who are very dangerous indeed, and charging in before you're ready is a great way to get killed. Holding newer agents back from the tough stuff is something that helps protect them - and yeah, because of plot, the hot springs actually aren't a good place to be right now. *Coughs*

Try the main room instead - Kyori's there now, and she's a messenger for the Yatagarasu, though Renko's not a member and doesn't know they exist.

(And if I have to, Kyori will drag Ishi away from anything going on. XD The only "circumstance" with the I. Team that others should have is "conveniently not noticing anything". It may not always make perfect sense, but we have this rule for a reason.)  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:25 am
also Ishi herself doesn't know much about them themselves. Rather she only knows that its possible for a human to meet various forms of their doppleganger or something similar to this depending on what realm they are currently in and what created the being.. Based off the region and rumors amongst those in the demon world there should be some humans in Inaba that have found some way to turn these into some other form that can be used in combat. But seeing as the humans were the origin of demons being used the logic as it stands suggests that there must be some bond of significance between the users and the demon. The fact they haven't been destroyed already suggests its something other than parasitic or at the very least it isn't preying on unwilling hosts.

Ishi expects to encounter a few demons in this city and isn't on order to kill on sight or anything. Her mission is surveillance.

She is best thought of as a foreign allied soldier doing sanctioned observations of goingons in a known violent country. Her interference, if any, wont be based off illegal summoning or speeding in a low speed zone or anything like that lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:27 am
Rednal
Information is important! =D Because there are lots of demons who are very dangerous indeed, and charging in before you're ready is a great way to get killed. Holding newer agents back from the tough stuff is something that helps protect them - and yeah, because of plot, the hot springs actually aren't a good place to be right now. *Coughs*

Try the main room instead - Kyori's there now, and she's a messenger for the Yatagarasu, though Renko's not a member and doesn't know they exist.

(And if I have to, Kyori will drag Ishi away from anything going on. XD The only "circumstance" with the I. Team that others should have is "conveniently not noticing anything". It may not always make perfect sense, but we have this rule for a reason.)
Ishi smells terrible and just arrived in town. Those who block the hot springs at the most popular inn in town are the real demons! scream  

Makako-ma

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:32 am
Even as much as "conveniently observing" the I. Team shouldn't happen. Generally, that's seen as a way of trying to force characters into a plot, and... it won't work. rofl It just won't.

( And I'm trying to offer you a roleplaying alternative to interrupting something that will only serve to frustrate you as your character is knocked unconscious and misses everything of interest. o wo b )  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:47 am
Rednal
Even as much as "conveniently observing" the I. Team shouldn't happen. Generally, that's seen as a way of trying to force characters into a plot, and... it won't work. rofl It just won't.

( And I'm trying to offer you a roleplaying alternative to interrupting something that will only serve to frustrate you as your character is knocked unconscious and misses everything of interest. o wo b )
I'm not trying to force anything. I'm just saying what Ishi was doing and saying what she would realistically do next.

neutral how was I supposed to predict the "battle to decide all of existence and beyond" was taking place in the bathhouse at the most iconic landmark location in the city and one of very few places where one would think most people who just arrived would start off lol.

Also someone said the Yatagarasu cells don't work that closely so I can't just go up to the front door and knock by that logic.  

Makako-ma

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:54 am
rofl rofl rofl gotta find something unnatural to do cuz someone decided it was a great idea to make the only public place to wash up should be a high level raidboss dungeon rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:55 am
There is a Yatagarasu member that does live at the Amagi inn. His name is Yatsuda, and is also someone you could visit to get more information. Thoooooough the amount of information you would get would be significantly less if you went to Yatsuda though.  

Zorc James
Crew

Loyal Friend

11,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:07 am
Zorc James
There is a Yatagarasu member that does live at the Amagi inn. His name is Yatsuda, and is also someone you could visit to get more information. Thoooooough the amount of information you would get would be significantly less if you went to Yatsuda though.
Her primary objective in her investigation at the moment is actually to make contact with this areas branch of the Yatagarasu.

Not sure how this turned into the epic raidboss battle for all time and existence but the plan was pretty simple lol.

1. Change clothes so you can take a bath without drawing too much attention and you can establish where your room is
2. take a bath rofl This is the tough part rofl
3. assume alternate identity.
4. find an oppourtunity to allow the kappa to guide her to the target if she hasn't already been contacted.

Investigating the I-team is just a kindof obvious must if she doesn't know who they are and they are having an epic battle to end all battles originating from the public bathing area of a towns tourist attraction (heavy civilian presence)

edit
If she just happened to catch someone mentioning their summons or even saw a demon or something she'd likely not react too hastily. I'm just describing the most natural course of action though.  
*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games