Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:52 am
*watches the random anime characters dance happily* That is strange but amusing.

Yes, pixela can conform to any state of any matter. 3nodding domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:05 am
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH, not too long ago (about twenty minutes) I read the New York Times online.

Hahahaha, wow. Spitzer is one Hell of a hypocrite. I was not expecting to see the attorney's general who practically sued the Hell out of prostitution rings being charged with affiliation with prostitution. And DAMN those girls are expensive. There are much better uses for that kind of money.

The best part is: his wife still 100% supports him in office. Shame by tomorrow he'll have already resigned.

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:31 am
I'm never sleeping in hotels again >_> I had an allergic reaction to the sheets and now my face and neck are all scabby. And hurt. Lots. Oh well... What can I do?

People on the radio wouldn't shut up about Spitzer. All those feminists kept calling in and defending how his wife had to give away her life for him and how she was forced to stand by him. *explodes* I'll just ignore the subject; it's not the first men to be involved in prostitution and it sure as hell won't be the last....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:41 am
5K for a lady of the evening? Damn, not only is he a hypocrite, but has EXPENSIVE tastes! The worst part of it is that his bank was the one that turned him in. His massive cash withdrawals to an offshore account caused the bank to notify Homeland Security. In an effort to monitor funds that may have been sent to support terrorism, they followed where his money went.

The man used his office to shunt money for callgirls. Idiot. Now his world is collapsing and it is nobody's fault but his own.

As for his wife, we all have choices. She chose to stand by him. She chose to ignore his tastes. She chose this life, and feminazis seem to forget that she has every right to walk away. In fact, many would expect a woman to leave her man after something even remotely like this. It is her choice to stay. The fact that it doesn't fit into their ideology or agenda is what pisses them off.

On an unrelated note, I am sorry to hear about your reaction, dear Sui. I am sure that Tana would love to help you by spreading some healing ointment on your wounds . . . all of them.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:29 am
Ah, Ero-jiji! *smiles and shakes head*
Tana is probably mad at me since I didn't get my Green Lantern shirt yet! sweatdrop

On another unrelated note, I would like your opinion (all of you!):
According to statistics, 36% of youth choose not to vote or are uninterested in politics. Why is that?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:40 am
*on his way to get to work, but can't help himself for posting* Simple. Voting is a farce in America. Votes do not elect the president, the electorial college does. Look at how W, the boy king, became president the first time. Gore had the popular vote- meaning he had the most number of people voting him in, yet he lost because the electorial college said that W had the states. the people do not get a say.

In the words of George Carlin: "Some people say if you don't vote, you can't complain. That is wrong. If you vote, you are part of the process, you took part, you helped, you put that person in office! I, on the other hand . . . who did not vote- who did not even leave the house on election day . . . took no part in any of that process, did not make the mess, and can complain just as loud as I want! On election day, I will do much as what you will, but when I am done fapping, my mess will be easier to clean up."  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:43 am
whee Thank you, Talon.

But I have to write an essay for a $20000 scholarship; I don't really want to sound SO aggresive or they'll think I'm some kind of an anarchist monster rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:47 am
Voting is indeed a joke. Express your opinion and desires for a leader who will...what? Rip you off for most of your money you work for? Lie to your face? Who wouldn't even say hello to you if they passed you on the street? No thanks. Personally, I think that we should just have one person in charge of this country with absolute power. Do what he wants, when he wants. Only person good enough for that job would be me too. Damn...I would love to rule the world...  

Sahaqiel

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:54 am
*smirk* Voltaire was thinking about something like that back in the 18th century. Despotisme Éclairée, he said. One man that had infinite control over politics, religion, economics... everything. But the man had to be a philosopher, a guru; a good man. I guess we've had a few of those... like, when Henri de Guise (Henri IV, was it?) was king of France he revived the economy and the nation, really. He created a new France with Sully. Let's just not mention it got completely wrecked by Religious wars a few years later...... *explodes*

Voltaire was a douche, though. Brilliant, but a douche!

EDIT: I think I scared everybody away... *cuddles pillow and sobs*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:11 am
Well... not that it matters, since I'm from Finland... I vote, since voting in Finland actually makes a difference in my opinion. But heck, the president has barely no power over here.

Also Finland only has a tiny puny little population... five million. So of course your vote makes a difference xD

I vote for a party though mainly, not the person. Same goes for the government elections *shrug* There's only one party in Finland that supports swedish talking finns, so my choice is quite natural. Otherwise I would vote for the green party, only that party never gets much done and about half of the party resigned when Finland decided to build a 6th nuclear power plant xD

I'm even one of the people sitting there watching and making sure everyone follows the rules in the voting place (whatever it's called), marking your vote and so on >< It's great fun counting votes!  

Mou

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:23 am
I'm not 18 yet so I can't vote... I have to say though, we had some people from different parties at our school for a debate and they were more childish than us teenagers... They were just insulting each other and failing to answer our questions.

I. Was. Not. Impressed.

It really turned me off; if those people run our country, we're doomed gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:36 am
Aaaaww, that's too bad! We've had debates in our school too with local politicians and I've watched a president debate live... I'd say they're reasonably smart. Just wish politicians in Finland wouldn't always be so careful and damn boring!! Also they could listen to scientists more -___- Scientists (mostly) know what they're talking about, don't freaking ignore them!  

Mou

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:44 am
We have a small population for a rather large territory here in Canda (Hm... California alone has a bigger population than us...). I imagine it's a completely different scenario with Finnish politics...

Mou, I can't view your profile, why! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:58 am
Oh, yay! I get to see my baby today! *runs away to see Kyou*

Bai bai everybody! *gluggles Mou*  

xXSuimitsuXx

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:28 am
I have no more tolerance today. At all. Be weary for the next few days as I will be of little impatience.

I updated 2.0. again because I felt it was necessary.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games