Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Super Cheesio
Some up-coming examples of games I want that will also be released on PC: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Star Wars the Force Unleashed II, Fable III. Also Half-Life 2 Episode 3 if it is ever even released let alone released on Xbox 360/PS3.

And obviously I'll get a 3DS, but I'll wait for a price drop.
I thought you had a 360, though, which is what I don't get.

No one knows how much the 3DS will even be in anywhere except Japan. Japanese prices are nearly always greater than NA/European prices.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
HOLY s**t MADWORLD IS ONLY £3?! Wow. Just wow.
That is an ollllllllllld game, isn't it? And it's really not worth very much. I'm not sure of the currency translation but still.
$6 or something I'm not sure.
I'd probably pick it up for the price if I hadn't bought it at launch for full price.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:55 pm

I think you just listed all the reasons I don't have a gaming PC already, but I've always liked something about PC gaming...

Anyway, building my own PC will be fun.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Tatsunoku Vs. Capcom - £16
Red Steel 2 - £10

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Something else I don't get is that many games try to focus on naturalistic graphics and trying to make things look as much like real life as possible, even on the Wii. Sure, sometimes the Wii gets cartoony graphics, with stuff like its equivalent of the sports games, but why don't more companies try being stylistic? I'm not just talking about slapping some cel-shading on a b***h and calling it a day, either. Games are like paintings. They're like animation, except better. You can make things look however you want, yet many games are just striving to look like real life, and many others are just putting cel-shading on, and then the rest are either falling back onto "retro gaming graphics" or some other fallback. Developers should just go nuts.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Super Cheesio
Red Steel 2 - £10
Yes, that's true, I just always want the latest and greatest. I didn't get those games when they came out because I was kind of "meh" about them both.

Super Cheesio
I think you just listed all the reasons I don't have a gaming PC already, but I've always liked something about PC gaming...

Anyway, building my own PC will be fun.
Hm?

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Meta_Fish
Something else I don't get is that many games try to focus on naturalistic graphics and trying to make things look as much like real life as possible, even on the Wii. Sure, sometimes the Wii gets cartoony graphics, with stuff like its equivalent of the sports games, but why don't more companies try being stylistic? I'm not just talking about slapping some cel-shading on a b***h and calling it a day, either. Games are like paintings. They're like animation, except better. You can make things look however you want, yet many games are just striving to look like real life, and many others are just putting cel-shading on, and then the rest are either falling back onto "retro gaming graphics" or some other fallback. Developers should just go nuts.
I totally agree. :/ I think that with the next generation of consoles graphics will look just like real life and quality of graphics will just be down to how dedicated the developers are. I hope that maybe people will eventually get bored of making realistic graphics and put that graphical power to good use. They could make all kinds of crazy s**t beyond your wildest dreams.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Super Cheesio
Red Steel 2 - £10

Where are you getting these prices from?

Thanatoast Crunch

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Oh s**t, no drama homework this week. It's an online course so it's just like I get a week off of class. Wow.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:02 pm

8-bit Jazzy
Super Cheesio
Red Steel 2 - £10

Amazon.

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:02 pm

8-bit Jazzy
Super Cheesio
Red Steel 2 - £10

EUROPE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Wow. I oughta get more stuff off of Amazon. Maybe I'll see Ramona Flowers, too. razz

Thanatoast Crunch

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
I totally agree. :/ I think that with the next generation of consoles graphics will look just like real life and quality of graphics will just be down to how dedicated the developers are. I hope that maybe people will eventually get bored of making realistic graphics and put that graphical power to good use. They could make all kinds of crazy s**t beyond your wildest dreams.
I still don't think we're going to have "real life" graphics next-gen, but I could be wrong. All games that I see on the PS360 that are "impressive" have lighting and effects that I don't even see in real life. Before this generation came out, remember all the games with all the browns and greys and then all the bloom? I hardly ever see bloom in real life, and when I do, it's because my glasses are dirty. Developers are so fascinated with effects that they are now overusing them.

It's getting to the point where developers are having to put so much time into just animating facial expressions for every single game that they're becoming monumental to develop. With each leap we spend more money on making games, and for what? I feel like artistic games can stray from what will become "blockbuster games" and some games will truly be groundbreaking when they do something like famous artists did before them. Things that have never been seen before, and gaming will truly come into itself.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:07 pm

8-bit Jazzy
Wow. I oughta get more stuff off of Amazon. Maybe I'll see Ramona Flowers, too. razz
I hate to break this to you Jazzy, but Ramona is a fictional character...

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:07 pm

8-bit Jazzy
Amazon rules. The SP books are hella cheap on there right now too. I thought about ordering them.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games