Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24212 24213 24214 24215 24216 24217 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Meta_Fish
I like the SD card option, personally. Everyone I know has an SD card and I can put all the WiiWare and VC games I want on that baby and run them, while I spend less on the console due to not having a hard-drive or not spending more money on a hard-drive.

Still, it'd be neat to be able to download games. I'm happy with retail for now.
You can have both. Not having a hard drive at all shatters just about all hope for dlc options and downloadable demos.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:38 pm

I swear to god if this stuff on the study guide isn't on the final I will ******** kill.

l-Kriel-l

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Fish are you saying you would rather use SD cards than have a hard drive? Like for realz?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:19 am

Trenn Flashkill
You can have both. Not having a hard drive at all shatters just about all hope for dlc options and downloadable demos.
True.

The Eleventh AK
Fish are you saying you would rather use SD cards than have a hard drive? Like for realz?
omg

I'm saying it makes more sense for the Wii. Nintendo is trying to sell this thing to an expanded audience, right? They want to get as many people buying it as they can, so to initially keep prices low they didn't include a harddrive, and to keep from confusing consumers, they only had one model (no 512 MB memory Wii and then 20 GB HDD version). It's impeded the Wii a bit, but it still gets DLC for some games, as you know, with your Rock Bands, but the SD card option has worked pretty well for me because I haven't even filled up one SD card and I have quite a bit downloaded WiiWare/VC games, plus everyone pretty much has an SD card, and the people that don't probably aren't going to fill up the Wii's memory anyway.

Besides, I doubt that if the Wii had a harddrive, third party developers would really give any of its games DLC that was worth a s**t. Maybe it could get patches like for the Other M glitch, or maybe some new content, but I'd rather get a full game when I put down the fifty dollars than have to install patches for all the fixes. And I know that's a problem.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:20 am

lol What if the Wii just had a bunch of SD card ports, so to expand its memory you just put in more SD cards?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:22 am

Quote:
the that count!

I always think of that quote, and I never have anyone to laugh with about it.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:27 am

...The that count?

I like the SD card system too, but I'd like to put games with WFC data on there. ;__;
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:37 am

I_love_Inuyasha1
...The that count?

I like the SD card system too, but I'd like to put games with WFC data on there. ;__;
What games?

It's a quote from someone in the Hall of the Denied.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:42 am

I gotta go to bed to get up early. Later, Cult. (ILI)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 am

Later.

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:49 am

Meta_Fish
I_love_Inuyasha1
...The that count?

What games?

It's a quote from someone in the Hall of the Denied.

Well... Animal Crossing. Brawl. Mario Kart. I don't play them that often, but I can't move them. It's not so bad, though. I think I still have enough memory.

Ah, I saw it. You just... randomly thought about it? Nothing in your post seemed to resemble it XD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:58 am

oh right, i was in a conversation here >_>;

I know that with my Rock Bandz, using an SD card has been kind of a pain. My first one got filled up in no time, and even once they updated the Wii to allow bigger SD cards, Rock Band 2 was still only compatable with 2 GB cards or lower because they can't patch it.

Now with Rock Band 3 it works good enough though. It just took a while to get to that point. Like, I guess SD cards WORK, but I gotta say, it is SO much nicer having a ******** of room right there on the console.

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 am

I have a microSD card and an adapter to make it the size of an SD card. Do you think I could safely use that in place of an SD card?

Also, I really want a ComfortStylus.You know, those bendy ones? It would be the best thing in the world for Geometry Wars: Galaxies. And Metroid Prime Hunters too. But the cheapest I've seen them is $7+ dollars. It's not a lot but it just seems really steep for a stylus. I got four different colored normal styluses for one cent on eBay once. I mean come on, it's just a piece of rubber coated wire. stare
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:24 am

Yeah, probably.

Huh. I just looked it up. Those look... weird. XD I prefer the DSi stylus. I don't get hand cramps from it, anyway...
And 7 bucks? Gimme a break!

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:55 am

I_love_Inuyasha1
Well... Animal Crossing. Brawl. Mario Kart. I don't play them that often, but I can't move them. It's not so bad, though. I think I still have enough memory.

Ah, I saw it. You just... randomly thought about it? Nothing in your post seemed to resemble it XD
You want to run your data from your SD card? They don't take up that much room, do they?

A lot of games manage save data badly, too. Galaxy I think uses one measly block, while other, less expansive games use a hell of a lot more. I think Brawl actually uses a lot, which I guess I understand.

And yeah, I did.

The Eleventh AK
oh right, i was in a conversation here >_>;

I know that with my Rock Bandz, using an SD card has been kind of a pain. My first one got filled up in no time, and even once they updated the Wii to allow bigger SD cards, Rock Band 2 was still only compatable with 2 GB cards or lower because they can't patch it.

Now with Rock Band 3 it works good enough though. It just took a while to get to that point. Like, I guess SD cards WORK, but I gotta say, it is SO much nicer having a ******** of room right there on the console.
I imagine so, but it hasn't been a problem for me, perse. That isn't to say it isn't a problem for many though, but I don't see it as a hugely widespread one. A harddrive would be nice, and patches would be nice to have for multiplatform games like that especially, but developers could also try to plan ahead a bit like they used to rather than just releasing whatever and trying to fix everything with patches, too. Wasn't a game that just came out awhile ago unplayable for a few days on 360? I forget which.

How do you ******** that up?

Hobo Scruffy
I have a microSD card and an adapter to make it the size of an SD card. Do you think I could safely use that in place of an SD card?

Also, I really want a ComfortStylus.You know, those bendy ones? It would be the best thing in the world for Geometry Wars: Galaxies. And Metroid Prime Hunters too. But the cheapest I've seen them is $7+ dollars. It's not a lot but it just seems really steep for a stylus. I got four different colored normal styluses for one cent on eBay once. I mean come on, it's just a piece of rubber coated wire. stare
Well... yeah. The adapters really make electronics realize it as a normal SD card. I use one.

I got a comfort stylus last Christmas and never used it. I don't use the stylus much, and when I do, it works fine, and it's actually in my DS, which is vital to me.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24212 24213 24214 24215 24216 24217 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games