Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Trenn, doncha wanna play street fighter and Mercenaries? Mercenaries would be a lot more attractive if the hands didn't look like SLABS OF MEAT AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I'm planning on picking it up at launch just for fear of their not being stock when Kid Icarus uprising and Mario Kart 3D come out.

As long as i have the money, I mean.

I need to either need to fix my current computer or build a brand new one... and I think the problem is in the motherboard, which means that I'll lose all that integrated crap... and it also means that it's probably not an easy fix.

I don't even know what happened. I was doing nothing out of the ordinary, and suddenly the screen goes crazy(The monitor's fine, I checked it through the laptop I'm using right now) and I had to hard boot, because I couldn't get it to shut off normally(Mostly because the screen was a proverbial glitch city)

When I restarted, there was no signal from the tower, and I no startup sounds were coming out of the speakers. It really doesn't bode well.

Let's hope I can get my hard drive to recognize the new hardware without formatting it. I might have(Infact, I plan to) get a new hard drive... Get everything set up over there, and then I can drag what I need out of the old one.

I think I'm gonna roll Linux on my new machine, I'll probably go with Ubuntu, even though it looks very mac-like. If I can get my old hard drive to work, maybe I'll dual boot in XP... I really see absolutely no reason why to do that, though.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Just get Windows 7 and call it a day.

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:19 pm

yeah, all other old OSs are pretty much outdated now, no support, lack of compatability with new things, complicated when trying to get support, do not pass go, do not collect cheese burger.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Does linux really have compatibility problems? Like ever? It's open source. I can just run something for it.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Eeeeeh just get Windows 7.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 pm

I like videogames cool

Walamanchee

Miss Bunns

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Trenn Flashkill
Eeeeeh just get Windows 7.
heart
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:58 pm

yeah if you can help it, see if your system is 64-bit compatible, 32 still works but 64 can have so much more feature and partwise, like more than 4GB of ram, etc.

Xilo The Odd

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:29 pm

get 7 linux is s**t
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:35 pm

meow : )

User Image

Kagura_Sohma

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, if I'm temporarily getting a cheap a** retired school computer from the school my dad works for(85 dollars... probably atleast worth it for the spare parts xd ) then I'd want something that makes efficient use of my resources... and for that a linux distro would be ideal.

I might be able to get my mom's recovery disc to get it to dual boot windows 7, but that depends entirely on how much the maximum memory is on the motherboard... 2 would certainly run Windows 7, but I'm not really sure I could do much else.

Also my mom's computer is a laptop, and I'm not sure it's recovery disc would work with a desktop!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:13 pm

yeah i myself have never tried it but to my knowledge it wouldn't be easy if it works the way i think it does, if it uses the laptops hardware readout to tell if it belongs or not. if that the case it might be nigh impossible to do that.

Xilo The Odd

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Trenn Flashkill
The launch "window" is packed with lack luster BS. I honestly can't believe I'm saying this, but I may not be picking up the 3DS right away.

And the battery is pretty awful, but I don't see that being much of a problem for me. So long as it can hold its charge, I'm fine. One of the biggest complaints about the PSP is that when I rarely DO want to play it, it's usually already dead. LAME.

It feels weird to admit, doesn't it? sad

And Bust-a-Move Universe looks like crap. Space Bust-a-Move is amazing, and calling this one Universe is a mistake and is going to let down a lot of fans of SBaM.

Does anyone know the specifics of the 3DS battery life? I like the docking station and it's cool and everything, but I hope it can be plugged in as well since I'd actually like to be able to PLAY it while it's charging.
Edit:3 to 5 hours. T__T
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:30 pm

This weeks Nintendo Week confirmed that 3D video recording WILL NOT be supported at launch. stare

Hobo Scruffy

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Hobo Scruffy
This weeks Nintendo Week confirmed that 3D video recording WILL NOT be supported at launch. stare
screw it no one buy one.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games