Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:44 pm
But yeah... and then I'm guessing it's going to be Rini next. I don't know why, but it just seems like it would end up going that way.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:46 pm
I want to do a Pink and Green color scheme for my future wedding.

As in portrayed in these photos:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 pm
I might incorporate some purple into it as well, if the mood suits me at the time of planning for the real thing... and not this dream-and-scheme mode, lol.

Definitely want a Spring-time wedding. But if my future husband decides to have a wedding at different time of year that's alright.

I also would like to have an outdoor wedding. I've been to one before, and I loved it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:49 pm
This is an example of incorporating the purple into the pink and green color scheme:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:50 pm
And I'll have to figure out a way to incorporate some sort of blue into the theme too.

Yes, I'm planning on doing the Something Four - Something Used, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue ((Thanks to Wedding Peach for allowing me to remember all four of them, lol))  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:53 pm
But yeah. I already know who I want to be my MOH and bridesmaids - Ame (MOH), Rini, and Brit.

And when it comes to the groomsmen, I know I'll want YKW to be one of them. So my future husband will have to come up with two guys - one being his Best Man. 3nodding

If my future husband ends up wanting more than that amount, I think I could come up with a couple more. But I doubt that I'll have to worry about that.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:55 pm
I'll wear my Mom's wedding dress. Ever since I've been a little girl I've said I would wear it for my own wedding.

And I'll probably end up having Mom make the wedding cake. I would say that Dad would do the filming, but seeing as he'll be an actual part of the Wedding Party, that might be a bit of a conflict. Though he might be able to set up a tripod up and let the camera videotape on it's own, like he's done in the past. But still...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:56 pm
Can you tell I've thought a lot about this? xd  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:59 pm
Well... I'm going to go now. So talk to you later.

I might bring up the dream wedding topic up again, since I had fun talking about my dream plans and what not. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:30 am
Good morning everyone.

Later today I'll be taking care of some homework assignments. For my 19th Century Literature class I have to do CRs (Critical Responses) again. Pretty familiar with doing them, since I had to do them with my Native American Literature class. Anyway, when I'm reading the required pieces, I'll be doing what I did last time - post my thoughts as I'm reading here, and then write my CR based on what I wrote about. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am
I'll go ahead and get started with one of the readings I have to do - Benjamin Franklin's "Remarks Concerning the Savages of North America."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 am
I love the very beginning part that he says - "Savages, as we call them, because their manners differ from ours, which we think the perfection of civility: they think the same of theirs" (534).  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 am
Hmm... this is an interesting tidbit: "It is one of the Indian rules of politeness not to answer a public proposition the same day it is made; they think it would be treating it as a light manner, and they show it respect by taking time to consider it, as a matter of important" (534).

((The page numbers are for the book we'll be using once it comes in. Our teacher just scanned and posted the stories we needed to read up on the website for us.))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:48 am
This is a pretty nice way of putting what happened to the Indians that got education that came back to their tribes: "But you, who are wise, must know that different nations have different conceptions of things: and you will therefore not take it amiss, if our ideas of this kind of education happen not to be the same with yours. We have had experience of it; several of our young people were formerly brought up at the colleges of the northern provinces; they were instructed in all your sciences, but when they came back to us, they were bad runners, ignorant of every means of living in the woods, unable to bear either cold or hunger, knew neither how to build a cabin, take a deer, or kill an enemy, spoke our language imperfectly, were therefore neither fit for hunters, warriors, nor counselors: they were totally good for nothing" (534)  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 am
Hehe, I like how the Indians twisted the things around after declining the colonists offer of educating some of their sons. "...[W]e decline accepting it; and, to show our grateful sense of it, if the gentlemen of Virginia will send us a dozen of their sons, we will take great care of their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them" (535).  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games