Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:27 am
>.< It's what we do best lllin! Happy Easter/Eostara everyone!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:33 am
Happy Easter EKA and everyone else ^^  

Illin

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 am
This Holiday is Relevant To My Interests. Mainly chocolate  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 am
This holiday is crap.

I hate and blame corporate Planet Earth for this monstrosity.

Tanakietsu

Illin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:41 am
Why is it a monstrosity? It's an excuse to eat chocolate ^^ I fail to see how that is a bad thing  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:47 am
It's also given me an excuse to recover from my hangover and put new music on my mp3 player.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:48 am
First off comes the most disturbing of all ideas. A rabbit doesn't lay multi-colored eggs such as parents teach their children. This disturbs me.

Next, the religious ties that are blemished by this consumer driven world. Money is the newest and will be the longest lasting religion. Instead of the Christian value of Easter, it has been replaced by "buy more, buy lots, go into debt" values, though I've never heard of anyone going into debt buying chocolate...

Lastly, as a person who celebrates Eastertide, I find it insulting that everyone eats chocolate rather than the traditional feast (This makes me feel old and traditional rather than cool and edgy). More exotically, I find it revolting that they half-a** the event by only celebrating on the First Sunday of Easter. So much for everyone thinking I'm an atheist, ne? Sure fooled them. I would be more content with Easter if it lasted till Pentecost Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:50 am
I'm with Tana...I'm not nuts about Easter, mostly cause my mom's nuts about it. Also right now I feel kinda sick to my stomach and don't want chocolate...the smell is making me gross.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:53 am
*raises hand* Chocolate makes me sick, so some bias could come from that as well. White chocolate for some reason doesn't seem to do collaborate with chocolate so I stick to that. Though I eat none on Easter.

Also:

*massively hugs Eka* I missed you! Dx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:55 am
In spite of things, irony has grasped me by the throat with curiosity of what is inside the stupid Easter Egg gaia has granted me.  

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:55 am
Happy Easter! *gluggles all*
I actually don't eat much candy; Easter is no exception.
We have a big thanksgiving-style dinner every easter.
It'd be impractical to celebrate any holiday for a long time. They used to celebrate Christmas for 12 whole days.

Of course the idea needs to be refined. We're just discusssing the general concept.

DTT, your avatar rocks!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:57 am
I find it quite reasonable to celebrate each Sunday of Eastertide like I was brought up doing! x{

All of this reference to food is making my mouth water for La Vigilia! Dx

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:58 am
Oh, I had thought you meant consecutive days of celebration. xd
*gluggles Tana*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:59 am
Honestly, I don't think any of those things are a problem ^^ I mean, it's just a bit of an excuse for a party. This morning, I got up and my family and I had a nice breakfast together, we sat in the living room and watched a movie and shared our chocolate with each other and just generally had a good time together. I had a good time having a yummy treat and spending time with my family, and when I was little we used to have easter egg hunts in the garden. I don't know how people can claim that to be wrong  

Illin

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:00 am
We're not saying that it is wrong. Some were only expressing how Easter has deviated from its true intent.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games