Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24424 24425 24426 24427 24428 24429 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Pilotlegs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:16 pm

but you can only walk around for a few minutes

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:20 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

BADOOPADOODOODOO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:07 am

SPEEDING THROUGH THE SAND

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:30 am

Meta_Fish
Jaycorn
The whole 3D thing is starting to bug me. Okay, so it's 3D without glasses, that's pretty cool. But that isn't the main reason why people should be interested in it, yet it really seems like it is! Even if the 3D is turned off the whole time, it's an amazing console and that is why people should be interested! Stop thinking only about the 3D thing argh. It really makes the whole thing seem really gimmicky, when it's not. I almost wish they'd named it something else.
Well it is the first thing that's penetrated the mass market to use glasses-free 3D. It has pretty good graphics as well, with the 3D turned off, but no where else at this time can you get 3D graphics on a handheld device, and no where else at this time can you get glasses-free 3D, really.

If you just want to play normal games, you're barking up the wrong tree by going to Nintendo. Ever since the original DS came out, they've really been pushing the envelope, which is probably the reason I talk about video games at all anymore.

There can be a trailer for a new JRPG or a new FPS and you can see all the gameplay footage and get pretty much exactly how it's going to play and how it's going to feel, but with the DS, my mind was blown. Two screens? A touch screen for REAL gaming application? Portable 3D graffix? fladkjflsakdjf I was excited. You could watch a gameplay trailer and just let your imagination run wild with all the things they could do with something as simple as a touch screen. The same thing happened with the Wii. You could see trailers for games, but they would have to show you the person playing it to show you how to do things. You had no idea! There was so much squandered potential on the DS and the Wii that it hurts me to think back to all the things we imagined when the Wii was first announced. I think in the podcast I said I would be excited for a basketball game. I would have been.

The 3DS looks good with the 3D turned down, but that's not really the point of the system. The 3D effect brings something to gaming that hasn't really become very standard yet at all. Sure, the PS3 has some 3D games, but you need a PS3, the game, a 3D TV and 3D glasses, all of which are ridiculously overpriced, and there isn't a huge selection of 3D games. The 3DS only requires the 3DS and the game. The point of the 3DS is in its name, it's a 3D DS. It is the point of it. If it wasn't the point of the DS to have two screens they would have called it the Game Boy 4. If the 3DS wasn't made to showcase 3D graphics, it would be the Game Boy 5.

Fish used Wall of Text!
ALSO ******** YOU WHO SAYS BALLIN INSTEAD OF "HELLO" THAT MAKES NO ******** SENSE YOU "RANDOM" PIECE OF s**t
GO PLAY BASKETBALL PILOTLEGS.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 am

I don't like how the FRLG trainers have Nintendos while the RBY trainers have Super Nintendos. Ditto with the systems in the video game section in the mart in Celadon. It's like what, is SNES not retro enough for you now??? Also Copycat has Mario & Wario, a SNES game! Everyone is supposed to have a SNES!!! mad

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:51 am

Jaycorn
Meta_Fish
Jaycorn
The whole 3D thing is starting to bug me. Okay, so it's 3D without glasses, that's pretty cool. But that isn't the main reason why people should be interested in it, yet it really seems like it is! Even if the 3D is turned off the whole time, it's an amazing console and that is why people should be interested! Stop thinking only about the 3D thing argh. It really makes the whole thing seem really gimmicky, when it's not. I almost wish they'd named it something else.
Well it is the first thing that's penetrated the mass market to use glasses-free 3D. It has pretty good graphics as well, with the 3D turned off, but no where else at this time can you get 3D graphics on a handheld device, and no where else at this time can you get glasses-free 3D, really.

If you just want to play normal games, you're barking up the wrong tree by going to Nintendo. Ever since the original DS came out, they've really been pushing the envelope, which is probably the reason I talk about video games at all anymore.

There can be a trailer for a new JRPG or a new FPS and you can see all the gameplay footage and get pretty much exactly how it's going to play and how it's going to feel, but with the DS, my mind was blown. Two screens? A touch screen for REAL gaming application? Portable 3D graffix? fladkjflsakdjf I was excited. You could watch a gameplay trailer and just let your imagination run wild with all the things they could do with something as simple as a touch screen. The same thing happened with the Wii. You could see trailers for games, but they would have to show you the person playing it to show you how to do things. You had no idea! There was so much squandered potential on the DS and the Wii that it hurts me to think back to all the things we imagined when the Wii was first announced. I think in the podcast I said I would be excited for a basketball game. I would have been.

The 3DS looks good with the 3D turned down, but that's not really the point of the system. The 3D effect brings something to gaming that hasn't really become very standard yet at all. Sure, the PS3 has some 3D games, but you need a PS3, the game, a 3D TV and 3D glasses, all of which are ridiculously overpriced, and there isn't a huge selection of 3D games. The 3DS only requires the 3DS and the game. The point of the 3DS is in its name, it's a 3D DS. It is the point of it. If it wasn't the point of the DS to have two screens they would have called it the Game Boy 4. If the 3DS wasn't made to showcase 3D graphics, it would be the Game Boy 5.

Fish used Wall of Text!
ALSO ******** YOU WHO SAYS BALLIN INSTEAD OF "HELLO" THAT MAKES NO ******** SENSE YOU "RANDOM" PIECE OF s**t
GO PLAY BASKETBALL PILOTLEGS.
It's not very effective...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:58 am

The thing with Nintendo now, is if you want something slightly advanced, and slightly upgraded, you go to Microsoft or Sony. The NGP will be a more powerful PSP with a touch screen and all sorts of s**t we've already seen before, but some people will still eat it up, because it has good graphics that we've already seen before. The PS4 and Xbox 720 will likely go the same route.

Nintendo is constantly trying to offer experiences you can't get anywhere else, which is what I really like about them. Games like Galaxy and DKCR returns look great, and the Wii really broke the mold of the console cycle, which was that a console would come out every five years, that was more powerful than the last, and that was about it. They kind of started that fad, although, but it was under different management. The Wii didn't live up to the potential I'd instilled in it, but it's been a really badass system, and it's changed the gaming landscape as we know it. Why did it change gaming? Was it because it was a less powerful console? Not really. It was because their controller was a stick with four gameplay buttons, a d-pad and motion control. There's talk now that the next generation might not even be shown at this E3, and with Kinect doing so well, I would believe it. Everyone has to wait to see what Nintendo does, so they aren't left behind.

Though Sony is trying to cram every "Nintendo" feature they can into the NGP, they still don't have the most important thing that makes Nintendo systems float, and that's Nintendo-made games. I don't necessarily mean having a Zelda on a system, but just the ingenuity and creativity to do something fresh with what they're given.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:00 am

Jaycorn
I don't like how the FRLG trainers have Nintendos while the RBY trainers have Super Nintendos. Ditto with the systems in the video game section in the mart in Celadon. It's like what, is SNES not retro enough for you now??? Also Copycat has Mario & Wario, a SNES game! Everyone is supposed to have a SNES!!! mad
I kind of hope RBY come to the 3DS's Virtual Console. I'd love to replay those games on the go.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:06 am

Meta_Fish
Jaycorn
I kind of hope RBY come to the 3DS's Virtual Console. I'd love to replay those games on the go.

Those and GSC are what I want most on the VC. Especially if you could trade wirelessly or even over the Internet fhdsjkf that would be SO cool. And I gotta admit seeing it in 3D would be sick, too. Would definitely do everything all over again, including the Pokedexes, which look puny and hardly challenging compared to the behemoth amount of Pokemon they expect us to collect nowadays.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 am

Also when Sony and Microsoft try to imitate Nintendo, it just looks so stupid. Why would anyone want to spend money on that garbage.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:33 am

Jaycorn
Meta_Fish
Jaycorn

Those and GSC are what I want most on the VC. Especially if you could trade wirelessly or even over the Internet fhdsjkf that would be SO cool. And I gotta admit seeing it in 3D would be sick, too. Would definitely do everything all over again, including the Pokedexes, which look puny and hardly challenging compared to the behemoth amount of Pokemon they expect us to collect nowadays.
I wouldn't care so much about the 3D for Pokemon, because the attacks were pretty silly, but a 3D surf or aeroblast would be pretty neat. Online trading is pretty much a must, or at least local, because without it, you can't fill up any Pokedex. It'd be interesting to see if the Mew glitch still worked, too, as well as Missingno. They can't take stuff like that out.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:34 am

Jaycorn
Also when Sony and Microsoft try to imitate Nintendo, it just looks so stupid. Why would anyone want to spend money on that garbage.
I wouldn't mind getting a Move if it had any good games on it. It's a more accurate version of the Wiimote, and the Wiiimote is what excited me about the Wii. They just don't have games that interest me for a console that will be obsolete in two years, to justify putting down another $300+ for. I'd get LBP2, and Noby Noby Boy and maybe Eccochrome, but that's about all that interests me enough to warrant game purchases on PS3. I'd probably play God of War, too, and maybe some old PS2 games I never got to play.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:44 am

Meta_Fish
Jaycorn
I wouldn't mind getting a Move if it had any good games on it. It's a more accurate version of the Wiimote, and the Wiiimote is what excited me about the Wii. They just don't have games that interest me for a console that will be obsolete in two years, to justify putting down another $300+ for. I'd get LBP2, and Noby Noby Boy and maybe Eccochrome, but that's about all that interests me enough to warrant game purchases on PS3. I'd probably play God of War, too, and maybe some old PS2 games I never got to play.

Move? Really? I would just feel retarded using that thing. Why does it need a freaking glowing ball at the end? :/ Like James said, it looks like a glowstick that you'd wave around at a rave.
Also I've never heard of Noby Noby Boy and Eccochrome, and I'm glad you mentioned them because I've been looking for PS3 games that are actually good so that I don't end up buying it for one game like I did with the PSP. :p
I think you would get quite a bit of enjoyment out of a PS2. They're probably really cheap now, too.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 am

Jaycorn
Move? Really? I would just feel retarded using that thing. Why does it need a freaking glowing ball at the end? :/ Like James said, it looks like a glowstick that you'd wave around at a rave.
Also I've never heard of Noby Noby Boy and Eccochrome, and I'm glad you mentioned them because I've been looking for PS3 games that are actually good so that I don't end up buying it for one game like I did with the PSP. :p
I think you would get quite a bit of enjoyment out of a PS2. They're probably really cheap now, too.
The camera picks up where the ball is so it can sense depth better. It looks stupid, but eh, it makes sense.

o gad gatta get cathriine how i justify 300 dolla

Teehee.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24424 24425 24426 24427 24428 24429 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games