Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24493 24494 24495 24496 24497 24498 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Also I don't know why I mentioned FFVII before. It's not that original, but it probably was back in its day, and it's good to have tried it just so you can compare other stuff to it.

I don't know... anything FF related just seems super overrated. It bugs me a bit how it's like the series that represents JRPGs as a genre.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Oh, and on the subject of dying while playing video games in the car, here's a tip from someone who spends a million years traveling by bus each month: driving/racing games. Bring Mario Kart or something and you'll feel fine unless you're like REEALLLY sensitive. Platformers, fighters and anything else that doesn't have much text are pretty good for it as well, but driving games are best. Sometimes I play text-heavy games anyway if they're interesting enough, but usually need to stop. Oh, and puzzle games are bad for that. Bleh.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:40 pm

The Eleventh AK
And a lot of games now just let you do multiple saves so if you want to go back to a certain moment it's pretty easy to. But yeah that is a feature more games should have. Sometimes I just want to replay specific parts of a game, not the whole thing...
Or, I don't know, after you beat a game once, it should be easy to fly through the second time or something? I don't know of a good way to do this, but kind of like Super Mario Bros? You can play through the whole game if you're really good and dedicated, and then once you get good at it, you can really fly through it. Though I suppose that comes through multiple playthroughs and is a pretty small game... I don't know the answer.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Jaycorn
I love how my favourite game is also the longest game I've ever played. I mean, being long has its benefits, like for example characters and stories are sometimes actually developed and interesting (omg!) and you start to feel attached to it in a way that you could probably never feel with shorter games, but at the same time there are definitely also benefits to short games, like being able to just pick it up and do whatever, whenever. It just depends on the game.

Having to buy games in episodes kind of blows.
Portal 2 is only about a five hour game, and I felt pretty damn attached to the two robotic characters in it, as well as a guy that had been dead for a long time, and I only heard through recordings, though.

50 hour games are retarded. Remember when people were bitching that TP was only like, what, 30 hours? What the ********. Give me a short, consistently good, well-paced game over a long game where I'm going to be grinding and doing a lot of uninteresting reading and traveling across huge landscapes.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Episodic games can be a real pain in the a** (SONIC), but I don't mind them for games I really love like HL2. Sure, I am pissed the next episode/installment is taking so long, but the two episodes were both pretty fun, and they came pretty cheap.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:46 pm

duck nuckem

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:48 pm

I am digging the BttF episodes.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Yeah I dunno, it really really depends on the specific game and the person's taste; there isn't really any opinion that's logically right. I've played a 70-hour game and wished that it had given me more time, and I probably couldn't ever feel attached to characters from a short FPS game like Portal 2 (though, I've yet to try it so can't say for sure).

lol actually I'm glad that Sonic 4 is in episodes because instead of wasting 50$, I only spent 15$ on finding out whether I enjoyed it enough to pay for it. I could have came to that conclusion from a free demo, though... I haven't gotten a free demo off of anywhere but Steam in soooo long!

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:02 pm

Wiiware has a lot of demos right now, including a BIT.TRIP CORE one that you should get to try it out.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Meta_Fish
Wiiware has a lot of demos right now, including a BIT.TRIP CORE one that you should get to try it out.

YAY! I haven't gotten any WiiWare demos since the very first ones they put up, just 'cause I didn't know they were there. >> Anything else good at all?

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm looking at some Persona 3 gameplay on Youtube and it actually looks incredibly boring. xd Can't decide if it's just because they actually picked the most boring aspects to post or because I actually like boring things... when I do them myself. Or maybe it's simply a boring game to watch others play, because you don't know what they're planning or thinking about in their mind, or what goals they're specifically working toward. I wonder.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Why do we argue? Every opinion is so strongly affected by the individual's personality, which is shaped by the totally unique sum of all their experiences from the moment their parents conceived them. If you can't understand why someone likes one game or type of music more than another, or why they like dogs better than cats or I don't know what, there's not too much point in arguing because you can never understand their point of view in the same way that they can.
Not that ALL argument is useless, like say, in a courtroom or something. But just arguing about tastes is pretty pointless, unless you're interested in seeing what others feel about it.

I am gonna try to avoid arguing from now on, unless the matter is really urgent.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:48 pm

We argue because YOU'RE WROOOOOONG!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:03 pm

NO U

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Let's argue over it.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24493 24494 24495 24496 24497 24498 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games