Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 369 370 371 372 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:55 pm
*incoherent screeching*
AHHHHH, WHY, WHY IS ONLY HALF OF SEASON TWO OF MIRACULOUS AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX, WHY?!!!
AND NO OPTION OF FRENCH, EITHER, AHHHHH.
For real, though, I screamed at my computer when I reached the end of what's available of Miraculous on Netflix.
My neighbor is probably questioning my sanity. Again.
At least I only have one neighbor. >>;
Also, can I just take this moment to fangirl over this character?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
LUKA. IS. SO COOL.
And I should SERIOUSLY not be so invested in characters in a kids cartoon, like, wow.
BUT MY BEAU LIKES MIRACULOUS, TOO, SO HAH.
Forever childish I will be.

Probably a good thing my beau is at work and didn't have to listen to me screeching like a banshee at my monitor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:25 pm
FINALLY, YEARS AFTER OUR ORIGINAL COPY WAS LOST, MY BEAU AND I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER COPY OF VIVA PINATA!
It was one of the first games I ever played on my beau's 360, I was pretty upset when it went missing somewhere between our leaving high school and entering college.
We looked in so many different game stores trying to find another copy, but none of them ever had ACTUAL Viva Pinata, it was always the weird spin-off party games one (that was absolutely nowhere near as good as the original Viva Pinata).
We've been looking through the old stock at GameStop every time we go in lately (they're trying to get rid of some of the older gen stuff and are offering pretty deep discounts on the old used items), and I happened to spy Viva Pinata while we were there yesterday.
After all this time, I can't believe NOW, during this old gen sale, and in a big-ish city, no less, is when I finally manage to snag a copy.
We used a coupon and got it for, like, five bucks, then out of curiosity checked prices for it on Amazon; turns out this game is worth a little bit, especially since it's one of the ORIGINAL pressings, not the Platinum Hits edition.
Not that I intend to sell it, I searched too long for this stupid game to do that, but it's certainly interesting when I compare it to the price I paid.
We also found a copy of Lost Odyssey for stupid cheap while we were in yesterday (which we already knew to be worth a pretty penny because we've exactly one disc of our own copy missing, stuck in our old console with a botched disc tray, and looked up prices to see if we should try to just replace it or try to pry open our system); bad news, a couple discs were missing, good news, the disc we needed to replace wasn't one of the ones lost in the abyss that is game store stock.
The guys working gave us a bit of a discount for taking it even with discs missing, I think we ended up paying like two dollars for them? Totally worth it since we only needed to replace the one disc, anyway. Plus, they said if the other two discs ever turn up they'll let us know and all we have to do is go in and pick them up, mega score~

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:23 pm
Thanks to not wanting to exacerbate my prior sickness or interfere with my body's healing process afterward, I haven't been able to drink coffee in over a week.
I want coffee so badly.
Life is miserable without my coffee, I use it as control mechanism for headaches. ;w;
As soon as I'm able to drink coffee again, it'll be like
AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:00 pm
My beau and I went to an amusement park yesterday~
It was SO much fun!
We rode almost everything (we skipped their newest ride because the wait was never under an hour and half all day, and during like half the day they turned away people that hadn't paid the extra hundred dollars for their super special "line cut" pass (okay, it's called a fast pass, but it literally just lets you cut in line and it's kinda bullshit)), and the park wasn't very busy, which was really awesome.
Also, we got to see their Halloween season decorations, and they go all out on that stuff, it looked amazing.
(p.s. The GIF is actually of one of our favorite rides, Valravn.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:32 pm
Me, frantically cleaning up my apartment because someone from management is supposed to be by tomorrow.
There's apparently been a confirmed case of bed bugs in my building and an exterminator is making rounds for inspection.
Just, ughhhhh, bed bugs, really? ******** are damn near impossible to get rid of.
Dealing with them once in a lifetime is enough, I'm so paranoid now and keep obsessively checking my bedding for signs.
Once all this extermination stuff is over with, I'll probably be lining my apartment with diatomaceous earth because ******** if I'm letting these buggers room hop to me in the event the exterminator isn't as good as they ought to be.
Do NOT want to throw out an entire apartment worth of stuff AGAIN because of these pests.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:31 pm
Sorry to hear about the bed bugs. Happy to see more gifs.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:00 pm
delasislas
Sorry to hear about the bed bugs. Happy to see more gifs.

I have a GIF problem, haha~ They amuse me.
To top off my bout of bad luck, though, it's my immediate neighbor that had the bugs.
The exterminator said there were no signs of them having spread outside the source room, but we still put down diatomaceous earth all the same, not like it's gonna hurt.
On the plus side, our apartment is quite clean now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:57 am
Queen Spazzy

How'd you find that gif of Sailor Jupiter cleaning her house? I always thought they were kinda strange,yet still kinda cool. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:07 pm
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy

How'd you find that gif of Sailor Jupiter cleaning her house? I always thought they were kinda strange,yet still kinda cool. ^_^*

I think the original source is from someone's Tumblr (I can just make out some sort of water mark in the lower left corner), though I admittedly didn't get it from the source, haha~
My favorite way to find GIFs these days is via Giphy, because it's easier than trying to get Google to show me only animated images (why is Google's advanced image search so needlessly complicated?) and I can search all sorts of key words (in fact, I found this GIF in particular by just searching the word 'cleaning') and even browse specific artist channels.
There's an entire page of just Sailor Moon GIFs, too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:21 pm
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy

I think the original source is from someone's Tumblr (I can just make out some sort of water mark in the lower left corner), though I admittedly didn't get it from the source, haha~
My favorite way to find GIFs these days is via Giphy, because it's easier than trying to get Google to show me only animated images (why is Google's advanced image search so needlessly complicated?) and I can search all sorts of key words (in fact, I found this GIF in particular by just searching the word 'cleaning') and even browse specific artist channels.
There's an entire page of just Sailor Moon GIFs, too.

Cool! I'll take a look at 'em sometime. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:55 pm
I honestly think whatever artists are behind Look Human are totally awesome, they have a lot of great GIFs on their Giphy channel.
Their shop is pretty cool too, I might have to show it to my beau.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:51 pm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 pm
Queen Spazzy

I want to say that you shouldn't "Just listen to science".
People need to learn to read and comprehend science, how to find bias, how to interpret, and how to talk about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:35 am
delasislas
People need to learn to read and comprehend science, how to find bias, how to interpret, and how to talk about it.

I... just liked the art and animation. >>;
Like, I don't even have enough faith in humanity these days to think they'll even 'just' listen to science.
Which is why so much junk science can get by out in the world.
A "sounds plausible, must be true" kind of mentality seems pervasive with the masses, in my experience. (Or even "wow, lots of impressive words here, they're surely not lying about or hiding anything." )
I mean, I like to do my own research and have a decent grasp on a lot of topics (still on a pretty basic level, because honestly unless you're an expert in a field your knowledge is near always just 'basic' by comparison, especially considering the breakthroughs being made nigh every day, but it's enough for me to understand what I'm reading and looking at), but I find myself to be an oddity in most situations.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:22 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas

I... just liked the art and animation. >>;
Like, I don't even have enough faith in humanity these days to think they'll even 'just' listen to science.
Which is why so much junk science can get by out in the world.
A "sounds plausible, must be true" kind of mentality seems pervasive with the masses, in my experience. (Or even "wow, lots of impressive words here, they're surely not lying about or hiding anything." )
I mean, I like to do my own research and have a decent grasp on a lot of topics (still on a pretty basic level, because honestly unless you're an expert in a field your knowledge is near always just 'basic' by comparison, especially considering the breakthroughs being made nigh every day, but it's enough for me to understand what I'm reading and looking at), but I find myself to be an oddity in most situations.

Well, I'm just saying that a lot of people may jump to conclusions after reading a news article. While the news may report the findings correctly, they might not always put who the science was paid by. You shouldn't get too dug into your own beliefs that you throw out any science to the contrary.

You shouldn't need to be an expert (not going into physics and those kinds of topics), a good article will have a nice abstract and some conclusions. Once you get done reading conclusions, look at the graphs if there are any and figure put what they say.

I'm sorry. I just get pretty upset when I see stuff like that.  
It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 369 370 371 372 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games