Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● OOC
Official OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kirenai Yuki

OG Gaian

13,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:51 am
a small bee
Assuming you haven't read the event forum, it's written in the rules. As it's written:

"You get 10 dice rolls between numbers 1 and 100 per character a day.
(You're free to roll these in any demeanor you want, but you only get 10.
So you're welcome to roll 1, 2, 3, or all 10 in one post if you know how!)

You get ONE dice roll per announced advantage (typically one every 3
days). I'll select a winner on the third day after it's announced.

In order for it to be a hit, you must roleplay out the hit in a post.
(I'll be watching and counting personally!) "

The objective section of the event forum also explained the dice rolls. Basically, to ensure that no one's a perfect shot, you roll dice to see how many hits or misses your character has. Evens hit and odds miss. So, if you wanted to roleplay out hits, you would need to count out all your even numbers from the dice roll.

Hope this helps!

Kirenai Yuki

I have read this already many times to see if I missed it. Which is why i am asking. I may not have been clear with my question.. What I mean is when we RP it, how do we USE the dice rolls?

Do we rp the action and then say what the dice roll is so we know its a hit or miss? Do we post our roll for a dodge? An example would be nice to clarify....  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:56 pm
ShadowStar369
JayyLee10
I.... need.... to.... post.... soooooon..... (¬_¬)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorry. I couldn't help it! ^^"

Haha! You have read my mind!!! Lol xD  

JayyLee10

Luxurious Kitten

fuestray

Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:35 pm
Hey Tragic!

The number generator is to be used for the special advantage, by generating a random number between 1 and 1000! The dice roll action is to be used for determining hits or misses! That way you can roll all ten dice with one post!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:43 pm
a small bee
Hey Tragic!

The number generator is to be used for the special advantage, by generating a random number between 1 and 1000! The dice roll action is to be used for determining hits or misses! That way you can roll all ten dice with one post!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

Ah darn, I didn't think it mattered if you used the dice of the number generator as long as it was between 1 and 100 (since I'm not aiming for the advantages) emotion_facepalm emotion_8c Don't tell me I have to redo them all don't I... Edit.. Fack I totally f'd that up didn't I? After glancing through it I kinda think I know what you mean.. I may have misunderstood the rules..  

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

fuestray

Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:45 pm
Ah no, no, no! It's alright! I was just being nitpicky! I'm sorry! You can totally continue on with number generator! You don't have to redo anything!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:48 pm
a small bee
Ah no, no, no! It's alright! I was just being nitpicky! I'm sorry! You can totally continue on with number generator! You don't have to redo anything!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

Ahh.*Wanders around confused for a moment* It'll click with me eventually.  

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

fuestray

Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:53 pm
Just know that when you're making numbers for hits or misses, they are supposed to be between 1 and 10! Not 1 and 100!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:12 pm
a small bee
Just know that when you're making numbers for hits or misses, they are supposed to be between 1 and 10! Not 1 and 100!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

But I thought it was 1 through 100?

- snipped from the event thread -

"You'll receive a total of 10 times to roll a day.
Any even numbers you roll? You get a hit. Odd numbers? You get a miss.
You must roll between 1 and 100, though. If you roll 1 through 10, it won't
count."  

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

fuestray rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

fuestray

Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:16 pm
It's because you are technically supposed to roll 10 dice that are each numbered 1 - 10, so you are rolling 1 - 100. It's just so you don't have to post ten different times.

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:18 pm
a small bee
It's because you are technically supposed to roll 10 dice that are each numbered 1 - 10, so you are rolling 1 - 100. It's just so you don't have to post ten different times.

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

Oh, see, that's where I f'ed up. I was under the impression that you had to roll between 1 and 100 ten different times. Ugh... emotion_facepalm  

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

fuestray

Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:21 pm
]
Don't worry, I made the same mistake! I realized it was a lot easier to just roll all the dice at once in one post- You don't have to redo your hits and misses for Summer, but tell us if you're going to delete posts!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:26 pm
a small bee
]
Don't worry, I made the same mistake! I realized it was a lot easier to just roll all the dice at once in one post- You don't have to redo your hits and misses for Summer, but tell us if you're going to delete posts!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

I'll just leave the ones up for Summer and do it the right way tomorrow.

As for the one roll I did for Skye, I didn't delete the post, but I did edit it saying I messed up and was going to fix it with my next reply (I could delete the reply though if that would be preferred).  

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

fuestray

Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:32 pm
You can delete if you like, but you don't have to!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:59 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

So Yumi, how would Victoria react to getting hit on the rear with a paintball. emotion_awesome
Cause I'm totally not doing that.  

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:09 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

a small bee

I see that the team orange base is slowly getting infiltrated by you guys. Expect some payback soon, though Hikaru is also in Team Cyan aside from Bree and Tori. XD  
● OOC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games