Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24505 24506 24507 24508 24509 24510 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:07 pm

It is a platformer RPG though D:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:08 pm

I hope they announce the release date for Paper Mario 3DS soon omfg

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Waynebrizzle

Sorta. I barely remember anything RPG-like about it aside from being able to talk to people and having items.
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:11 pm

razz

Waynebrizzle

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 pm

I should have said that I liked RPGs where there's some platforming and where you can attack sometimes (or all the time) by pressing a button, not by selecting it off a list. I dunno if this makes sense. But that combination always turns out well no matter which side is dominant.
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Jaycorn
Waynebrizzle

Sorta. I barely remember anything RPG-like about it aside from being able to talk to people and having items.

There's a leveling system too!

Waynebrizzle

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Super Paper Mario managed to take good ol' Mario 2D platforming and incorporate some RPG elements. It had a story and a script which was more complex (and awesome/hilarious) and lotsa characters. Plus it had some talk to people/ go to town(s?) stuff in there. =D It's so great. ;___; I still wouldn't call it a platformer-RPG though.
even though everything i said says otherwise
I'm super excited for the 3DS RPG one, though. And I really liked the first two PMs. Mario RPGs are always amazing. 4laugh
I should really get around to playing M&L 3. ********' backlog. I wonder if that site is back...
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:14 pm

I DON'T REMEMBER IT WAS SO LONG AGO. BUT YEAH IT WAS GOOD THEY WERE ALL GOOD OKAY

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 pm

maplestory >.>
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Jaycorn
I should have said that I liked RPGs where there's some platforming and where you can attack sometimes (or all the time) by pressing a button, not by selecting it off a list. I dunno if this makes sense. But that combination always turns out well no matter which side is dominant.

See, I just hate turn-based battling ninety percent of the time. I know Paper Mario makes it a little more interactive, but sometimes it's not enough for me. The Mario and Luigi games, though, I love. You can attack AND counter!

Waynebrizzle

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Waynebrizzle
Jaycorn

See, I just hate turn-based battling ninety percent of the time. I know Paper Mario makes it a little more interactive, but sometimes it's not enough for me. The Mario and Luigi games, though, I love. You can attack AND counter!

Agreed.
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:21 pm

I don't have much experience with Mario & Luigi games. D:

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Jaycorn
I don't have much experience with Mario & Luigi games. D:

If you like Paper Mario I don't' see what's not to like. You should try them. I hear the first game can be hard to find now though.
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:23 pm

I really liked the whole thing where you had to use your timing during traditional battles in the one I tried, though. Same for the PM RPGs. Why is that so rare?

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Good question!
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24505 24506 24507 24508 24509 24510 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games